Page 69 of 274 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 69

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I've been tracing in fitday on and off. I'm generally 80-100+ g of protein, which is good, and fat has been lower than I was eating before tracking, usually around 80-100 g as well. Carbs vary, depends on the day, 40-70 ish for the most part. A big thing I am seeing in black and white is that my food is quite good, but then I bugger up the total intake with a couple of drinks and maybe something sweet like dark chocolate. Not that I really didn't know that, but it puts it quite blatantly that I need to cut out that stuff if I want to actually get rid of these last few pounds of fat. Not really rocket science here.
    Yeah, as much as I don't like to admit it...tracking helps you "see"...

Today I started level 2 of NROLFW.

A good workout.
    I'd call that a GREAT workout!

L: (post workout) BAS with mixed greens, one plum tomato, 2 mini cucumbers, 1 celery stalk, dijon/acv/balsamic/avocado oil dressing, 1 tin of tuna plus a tin of smoked oysters.
    I think I'll try that dressing with tuna...I never know what to mix with it now that I'm not using "Miracle Whip"

This morning's weight still reflects the same 5 lbs I've been going on about. I'm at the top end. Yet, interestingly, my waist measures 2 inches less than my last measure in early Feb, and around the belly button is down 1 inch. Hips actually up about 1/4 inch. I started my recent lifting the same week as the last measures, and I can see a visible difference in muscles in the upper body, I would expect I've gained a bit of muscle, though haven't measured BF% for a while. Initially, the scale was a bit discouraging, but the measures give me some perspective.
    "Batty" perspective

I'll keep up the LHT, walking and throw in some sprints while working on dialing in the food portions. Aiming for somewhere in the 1500-1600 calorie range per day (ish).
    Sounds good!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    I agree with the "Batty perspective". Then again, I knew from the last few years that whenever I actually commit and do the lifting regularly, I get good results. I'm more of a muscular type build, I'll never be one of those waif-like types. Typical eastern european descent with the wide hips, built for pulling plows and bearing children, just great. I inherited all those lovely physical traits, yet how come all my female relatives are well endowed in the bust department and I missed out?? Granted, that might be a royal pain in the ass for exercising. Guess I'll never know...

Gym today was an hour of brisk walking on the treadmill. Snow continues to melt, so I'm hoping it won't be long before I can walk outside without lots of layers and with my VFFs.

Eats:
    B: black coffee
    L: (post workout) same as yesterday, BAS with mixed greens, cucumber, celery, cauliflower, dijon/avocado oil/acv/balsamic, tuna & another tin of smoked oysters.
    D: 2 small pork loin chops (6 oz), roasted brussel sprouts, cauliflower & mushrooms tossed with bacon fat rather than the usual evoo.

Worked on some course stuff. Found out I managed to get 96% on that last babbling essay...you just never know.

Hubby is taking most of this week off while the boys are on March break. He's been wanting to take them to a movie with probably dinner out (boys night for some movie I'm totally not interested in), so I've been looking forward to a night of no cooking (except for myself) and quiet. Yesterday, they both decided they wanted to be with friends, so no go. Today, one wanted to be out with friends again. I'm losing hope about not cooking for the group for once! Whatever.

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    I <3 that the snow is melting!!! What are you taking in school? LOL When your time come to not cooking for the group .. Your gonna wish you could cook for the group!!
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

sibylsybil is offline Senior Member
    I agree with the "Batty perspective". Then again, I knew from the last few years that whenever I actually commit and do the lifting regularly, I get good results. I'm more of a muscular type build, I'll never be one of those waif-like types. Typical eastern european descent with the wide hips, built for pulling plows and bearing children, just great. I inherited all those lovely physical traits, yet how come all my female relatives are well endowed in the bust department and I missed out?? Granted, that might be a royal pain in the ass for exercising. Guess I'll never know...
    Oh, gosh, I know what you mean with the body type. I have a medium build, but it's pretty clear that I'll never look like one the toothpick-limbed girls in the magazines. I come from Irish and Scandinavian stock and have a theory that I should be out on a boat whacking things with an axe. The good thing is, as you've observed, the results from lifting-- congrats on that, by the way, I am impressed!

I am also curious about what you're taking in school!
    Life consists with wildness. The most alive is the wildest. (Thoreau)

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Cave Women View Post
    LOL When your time come to not cooking for the group .. Your gonna wish you could cook for the group!!
    Today was another day of cooking for everyone. I think hubby's given up on getting both of them want to spend an evening with him when they could be hanging out with their friends instead. But I don't think I'd be wishing to cook for more if I actually got the chance to cook only for me!

Quote Originally Posted by sibylsybil View Post
    Oh, gosh, I know what you mean with the body type. I have a medium build, but it's pretty clear that I'll never look like one the toothpick-limbed girls in the magazines. I come from Irish and Scandinavian stock and have a theory that I should be out on a boat whacking things with an axe.
    Hahaha. I used to be pretty good at chopping wood by had when I lived at home in highschool...

The good thing is, as you've observed, the results from lifting-- congrats on that, by the way, I am impressed!
    Thanks Today's workout kicked my ass once again.

I am also curious about what you're taking in school!
    Not really school, per se, but the last in a series of professional development courses we have to do for work. I've procrastinated at getting them done for ages, so now over the past 2 years have been plugging away and getting them finally done. The current one is leadership and ethics. Actually kind of interesting, but would be better without the assignments!

Gym today to try the first round of level 2 workout B from NROLFW. More new lifts I hadn't done before. A goodly amount of deadlifts and squat variations. I feel it now. And a 14 min interval session afterwards, I used the elliptical for some "sprinting".

After the workout I had lunch (fasted until then), which was pretty big, and remained hungry all afternoon. I've topped up quite well now, thank you, following dinner. I've also got my work done that I needed to do tonight for the course, and plan to actually get to bed early for a change. Been planning too all week, but never quite drag myself upstairs until I leave myself only time for 6-6.5 hours of sleep.

Todays eats:
    L: (post workout) 5 oz porkchop with some sauerkraut, big veggie salad (cucumber, celery, cauliflower with dijon/acv/balsamic/avocado oil)
    S: some shredded coconut, the only food at my desk without grabbing the crap all around the office.
    D: 4 egg fritatta with mushroom, spinach, tomato, bit of goat cheese. A few slices of crispy uncured bacon aka pork belly.

So no poking about online until after 11 pm tonight for me...

Found out I managed to get 96% on that last babbling essay...you just never know.
    Excellent!

Hubby is taking most of this week off while the boys are on March break. He's been wanting to take them to a movie with probably dinner out (boys night for some movie I'm totally not interested in), so I've been looking forward to a night of no cooking (except for myself) and quiet. Yesterday, they both decided they wanted to be with friends, so no go. Today, one wanted to be out with friends again. I'm losing hope about not cooking for the group for once! Whatever.
    That's nice that he's able to spend the week with them (when they are not at friends).
    You'll get a night to yourself yet this week!

I've also got my work done that I needed to do tonight for the course, and plan to actually get to bed early for a change. Been planning too all week, but never quite drag myself upstairs until I leave myself only time for 6-6.5 hours of sleep.

So no poking about online until after 11 pm tonight for me...
    Good luck with that
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post

Good luck with that
    I was all tucked in at 1102 last night...so there

So an hour more sleep than most nights this week, still could have used more. We'll try again tonight. I'm feeling rather fatigued this week from the new LHT workouts, really feeling it today in my lower half, wait, in the shoulders and lats too. That's a good thing.

Today's gym was an hour brisk walk for 4 miles on the treadmill.

Food:
    L: (post walk) couple of leftover chicken wings, 3 HB eggs with grainy dijon (surprisingly good, I think I saw the idea in Diana Renata's journal), a few slices of pork belly from last night.
    D: large chicken breast with skin, baked, broccoli and roasted sweet potato cubes tossed with coconut oil, cinnamon & cayenne. REALLY good. I think I should have sweet potatoes more often.

I've had a funny twitch/tic in my left tricep for days now. I don't notice it at work, or driving, or when doing stuff, but when sitting in the evening with the laptop or books, there it goes. Strange.

I was all tucked in at 1102 last night...so there
    Cause I wished you luck

roasted sweet potato cubes tossed with coconut oil, cinnamon & cayenne. REALLY good.
    This combo sounds great. I'm gonna try it next time!

I've had a funny twitch/tic in my left tricep for days now. I don't notice it at work, or driving, or when doing stuff, but when sitting in the evening with the laptop or books, there it goes. Strange.
    Very strange...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Didn't quite hit the target for an early bed last night...

Decided to hit the gym first thing this morning. That and to IF. My legs and bum were still sore from the earlier workouts of the week, but figured it was best to just plunge ahead. I found today a bit tough, but made it through. I suspect level 2 is going to have some nice results. No walk or cardio stuff, had to get to my desk.

Fasted until dinner (black coffee first thing, then green & herbal tea at work). I made a grass fed beef sirloin roast based on a recipe posted by PrimalPilgrim on his blog on Jan 1...OMG, so amazing. Strange combination of flavours: steak spice, cumin, cinnamon, LOTS of fresh garlic, black pepper and fresh mint, marinated overnight and then cooked long and slow in the oven (had hubby put it in as he was home today). I'll try to find the link. Highly recommended.

Just about to leave to friends' place for cards, snacks and a few drinks. I don't think we'll be too late, as I'm feeling tired. Pretty sure it's from the stepped up workouts, well, that combined with not enough sleep will do it. These are our primal friends, so I know the snacks will be totally on plan. She does go a bit heavy on the fruit/dairy, but that's okay. All I've had to day is a healthy portion of MEAT. And it was good.