Page 67 of 279 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 67

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    I managed to get about 3/4 of the essay done. Can't possibly work on the last part tonight, but it shouldn't take too long tomorrow. I hope, anyway.

Today was filled with cramps and a need to eat stuff. I wish the damn period would just start already!! Bugger that.

Eats:
    B: black coffee, 2 HB eggs.
    assorted times: one pepperoni stick, a piece of beef jerky, an apple with almond butter, 2 squares of 70% dark lindt mint chocolate. Lots of tea.
    D: BBQ pork in the slowcooker from PB recipe book. Awesome. Very tender and juicy. Some sauerkraut, and a whole (medium sized) sweet potato with butter & cinnamon, which really hit the spot for me today. Filled me up nicely and tonight I don't have those cravings anymore. I still feel like nibbling, but I'm not actually hungry anymore.
    Glass of merlot. It seemed necessary, under the circumstances. I always seem to have circumstances.

Back to work tomorrow, I'm glad I took these 2 days off, even though I wasn't as productive on the homework as I would have liked. I haven't taken any days off since Christmas break, and it was a nice change of pace.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Glass of merlot. It seemed necessary, under the circumstances. I always seem to have circumstances.

Back to work tomorrow, I'm glad I took these 2 days off, even though I wasn't as productive on the homework as I would have liked. I haven't taken any days off since Christmas break, and it was a nice change of pace.
    and you deserved it
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Thanks, winencandy

So now I'm 43. There was nothing particularly birthdayish about the day, just another day, really. Work, quick gym, son #2's high school soccer team was in the B side finals, we went to the game right after work and it was really good. Lots of kids from the school cheering them on, led by 1 for most of the game, then were tied up late in the second half. An amazing goal (my kid had the lovely assist) for the victory with less than one second remaining. So then we had to wait while the kids had wings & natchos, as we couldn't really refuse that. So home by 630, supper prep and cleanup, and now working on finishing my essay. But we do have the dinner out for Friday, which I'm looking forward to.

And mother nature decided to drop in with her own birthday present, finally. Oh joy.

Eats:
    B: black coffee
    L: sandwich bar at the mess: turkey & roast beef deli coldcuts, lettuce, cucumber, tomato & olives with a bit of cheese, and a cup of greek salad. My guess is under 400 calories.
    D: 1 cup of spinach and about the same of spaghetti squash topped with grass fed ground beef in pasta sauce topped with some fresh parmesan. I was really hungry by then, now I'm pretty filled up.

Last night I kept snacking, not really hungry but ate anyway. Another pepperoni stick, a bit of cheddar, and some pork rinds.

Don't think I'll need to snack tonight. Having a glass of wine as I'm 43 now and I'm allowed to. Heheheh.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Don't think I'll need to snack tonight. Having a glass of wine as I'm 43 now and I'm allowed to. Heheheh.
    I had a glass for you as well!

Happy Birthday!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I had a glass for you as well!

Happy Birthday!!
    Thanks

Finished the essay. Leaving tomorrow evening for checking formatting, references, and such. Need to leave some time to reread and determine if it's just incoherent babbling or not. Granted I thought the last one wasn't so stellar, but the grade said otherwise.

A second glass of wine was consumed. No snacking.

Fitday numbers:
    Calories: 1467
    Fat: 61 g
    Carb: 56 g
    Protein: 97 g

Way less than yesterday.

So let's see what my 44th year brings...

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    Happy Birthday Greensprout! Hope your 44th year on earth brings you ...um whatever you want.
    Calm the f**k down.

Quote Originally Posted by Metismomma View Post
    Happy Birthday Greensprout! Hope your 44th year on earth brings you ...um whatever you want.
    Thanks

The damn essay has been completed and submitted. Done. One more to go, which is due just before we leave for PrimalCon.

Got to the gym today and did 45 min brisk walking on the treadmill. Wasn't feeling that up to it for some reason, but managed the 45 okay, rather than the hour I'd been thinking about. Some is better than none.

Eats:
    B: black coffee. I'm getting pretty used to this.
    L: (post workout) BAS of mixed greens, cucumber, 2 HB eggs, bunch of the pork roast, dijon/balsamic/evoo.
    D: 4 scrambled eggs with a bit of cheddar, 4 slices bacon. Stuffed.
    Glass of wine (rather large) with completion of the assignment.

Tomorrow I get to wear "real clothes" to work instead of the usual uniform, for a donation to Japan disaster relief. Since I don't have to put my hair up, I'm aiming for being curly, hopefully it will work out without looking fuzzy and scraggely . Might skip the gym at lunch and go browse the mall instead, which I only do if in regular clothes, don't need anything but browsing is fun. And my birthday dinner is reserved for tomorrow night. Yay!

Good news: I've signed up for a CSA for the upcoming growing season! Local, sustainable practice (not certified organic, but following all the right principles) from a family farm just outside the city. Works out to $32 weekly, supposed to be adequate for a family of 4 (or 2 vegetarians, good grief). They include edible flowers and some non traditional veggies and heirloom varieties as well. Looking forward to it very much.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 03-24-2011 at 09:01 PM. Reason: nearly forgot to add the CSA

Suse is offline Senior Member
    happy birthday! Funny that as we get older its just another day, we dont get as excited about it as we used to. Enjoy, and enjoy your birthday dinner, and you know what i say... drink as much wine as you damn well feel like hehehe

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    I've been tempted to join a local csa too. After our last grocery trip, I'm pretty sure we could afford it :P Better to drop around $300 for 12 weeks rather than that amount for 2...
    Calm the f**k down.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Decided to IF until dinner today, good amounts of green tea (ginger and mint) and some black coffee to start the day. Passed on the gym at lunch and went to buy some more magnesium supplements and browse.

My attempt at curly hair for today was marginal. I think I ended up kind of scraggely until getting home, spraying it down and then combing once dry again. Ended up with lots of nice waves in the end.

Dinner was excellent. A British styled pub & steakhouse with beef/prime rib specialty. We had a fabulous bottle of a rich red wine blend recommended, worth buying again. Of course, since hubby was driving, I had most of it. . I had to pass on the chicken livers, as they came in a gravy with flour. Instead, I had escargot on a portabello mushroom cap topped with cheese on a bed of balsamic dressed greens, hubby had ginger chili shrimp skewers with shoestring potatoes (I had 2 shrimp and some of the potato), mixed green salad with red pepper dijon vinaigrette, then a big old ribeye, rare, with root vegetables. I passed on the mashed potato. Then while hubby had a creme brulee, I had a flourless rich chocolate cake. Huge piece, I shared, but ended up eating most of it. It was really good. I didn't eat the ice cream that came with it, aside from a tiny taste.

Interestingly, when we got home, hubby had an upset belly, he said it started right after eating some of the bread served before the meal. He's not convinced that was the cause, but well, if it looks like a duck... I suggested he note this for future reference and see if it happens again. He eats bread only rarely, when out and if it looks like the sort that he feels is "worth it". Since getting home, my belly is rather rumbly and gurgling, but not uncomfortable. There may have been a bit of flour on the shrimp, I didn't ask. I took a probiotic to guard against further disturbance.

Anyway, a good meal and nice to get out as a "date night".