Page 66 of 272 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 2716

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 66

  1. #651
    Greensprout's Avatar
    Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    3,019
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Thanks, of course, tequila is not my friend...(or it hasn't been in the past), maybe this way we could get reacquainted??
    Worth a go. You could also use vodka in the same manner.



    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Yes
    I think its out in the barn...maybe I should "rescue" it???
    yep


    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Its working pretty good I'm happier with my hair than I've been in a long time

    I found this website. Its full of ads, but it has some information and some customer reviews of different curly products. Right now I use this conditioner (it's inexpensive) and this product (My mom, a retired hairdresser, gave it to me for Christmas).
    Thanks for that. I'll have to pick something up and try the cowash method.

    Taking today off. Drove the boys to school, had steak & eggs for breakfast. Laundry on the go, and some housework has been done. Of course, I'm starting to feel a bit crampy due to the impending monthly visitor. I think it's time for a nap (this was in my plan since I got up early and CAN). Then hopefully some work on the essay in the afternoon. Think I'd better throw my beef into a marinade before napping so I have something to do for dinner later.

  2. #652
    Suse's Avatar
    Suse is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    2,547
    well I tried not combing my hair this morning and putting some volumising mousse in, and then drying it on a slow dry and scrunching my hair as I went (I dont have a diffuser) and yes my hair looks really wavy, but it looks kind of stringy. I'm not convinced.... i need more tips girls, I cant afford the book right now.

  3. #653
    Greensprout's Avatar
    Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    3,019
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post

    I found this website. Its full of ads, but it has some information and some customer reviews of different curly products.
    Suse, check out the website that wnc linked to here. Lots of good info. I spent a bit of time there today.

    So the laundry got done, floors cleaned, and I was disappointed that when I lay down for a "real" nap, I was there still awake nearly an hour later, so had to give it up. Bah. Out for a few errands, perused the stuff for my assignment but haven't got very far as of yet. Ended up dozing for about 40 min in an armchair with laptop on me until the kids got home from school. One of those very heavy naps where there's a ton of strange stuff going on and you know you're probably really sleeping, but you can't move. I did feel a bit refreshed afterwards, however. Odd.

    More of the cramping crap going on, now that explains why I've been wanting sweet stuff for the past couple of days.

    Todays eats:
    B: black coffee, steak & 3 eggs
    assorted times: beef jerky, a few almonds and 3 dates, strawberries, half a pepperoni stick, a few pieces of dark chocolate.
    D: beef on a green salad with balsamic vinaigrette.

    I found online on some paleo blog a rub: paprika, cayenne, onion & garlic powder, salt & pepper, rubbed all over the tritip then placed in a bag with some ACV and olive oil. Marinated in the fridge for about 6 hours. Very tasty, could have made it spicier, and if marinated overnight it would likely have been even better. When the nearly 16 year old grabbed a piece after coming home from lifting, his comment was "I've just had a mouthgasm"...didn't quite expect to hear that from my kid!!

    I may eat more later, I'm not hungry now but it's feeling like one of those days.

  4. #654
    Greensprout's Avatar
    Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    3,019
    I've not really got much done at all for that damn essay, puttered with other stuff through the day and this evening my mind is most certainly not in it. I'm tired now, I needed that nap but the timing obviously was off. I think I'll take that second vacation day that I had booked off for tomorrow anyway (from the canceled parent getaway) and focus on getting the work done. It's due Friday, and otherwise I'll be spending the next 3 evenings on it at home.

    So much snow has melted here over the past week, but we are expecting a big snowstorm late tomorrow. Damn prairie weather. Not good considering the local river flooding that happens to some degree here every spring is looking bad already for this year, and a big storm not will make that worse. Our home is not in a danger area at all, but with 2 rivers intersecting in the city, it can get bad. Worse outside the city in the farmland.

    The tracking on my new VFF sprints shows them due to arrive on Wed, so that will be my birthday present to myself. Nice. Hubby and I are going out for dinner on Friday in honor (of the birthday, not the VFFs) and making it a sort of date night. We have gift certificates from my mom at Christmas for a steak place. I looked at the menu, and they have an appetizer of chicken livers, so I'll have to give that a try! I used to eat them many years ago at home, but it's been a long time. Will have fun trying to get hubby to try one! If they're good, I'll have to pick some up to cook, as they are in the groceries here.

    I think I may have an apple with almond butter soon.

  5. #655
    Suse's Avatar
    Suse is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    2,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Suse, check out the website that wnc linked to here. Lots of good info. I spent a bit of time there today.

    So the laundry got done, floors cleaned, and I was disappointed that when I lay down for a "real" nap, I was there still awake nearly an hour later, so had to give it up. Bah. Out for a few errands, perused the stuff for my assignment but haven't got very far as of yet. Ended up dozing for about 40 min in an armchair with laptop on me until the kids got home from school. One of those very heavy naps where there's a ton of strange stuff going on and you know you're probably really sleeping, but you can't move. I did feel a bit refreshed afterwards, however. Odd.

    More of the cramping crap going on, now that explains why I've been wanting sweet stuff for the past couple of days.
    Yes ok will check out that link.
    sometimes when you lie down for a nap but dont actually nap, just the lying down can help. I so know that feeling from your armchair nap... that's that paralysis feeling I've talked about... weird indeed... like you want to wake up but just cant.

    Nothing like time of the month to bring on the urge for sweet stuff... I say do the world a favour and have it otherwise could make for a very cranky mum and wife!

  6. #656
    Greensprout's Avatar
    Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    3,019
    I did have an apple with almond butter last night, and another one today. Perhaps the need for more carbs right before a period should be fed, just attempt to stick to the more primal acceptable sources.

    I'm home to work on my essay today...not terribly productive on it thus far. Feeling tired, probably cycle related as well. Bad timing. I did drive the boys to school, applied a facial mask, had a less than successful attempt at making my hair curly today, and laundered the bedding, including the duvet cover. And I have a nearly 4 lb pork butt roast in the slow cooker, using the BBQ pork recipe from the original PB cookbook. It smells divine, I just had a tiny nibble to check up on it and it's going to be heavenly. Perhaps I'll roast up some sweet potatoes to go with it to satisfy my sweet cravings primally. Nothing wrong with that.

    Good news...my VFF sprints arrived!! I just ordered them on Friday night, so I'm very impressed. They sure go on a hell of a lot easier than the KSOs. I'll have to take then with my for badminton at work tomorrow. These ones are a pale blue with green accents. Very nice.

    Okay, back to work with a cup of green moroccan mint tea (goes with the little bit of lindt 70% mint chocolate that I just ate).

  7. #657
    Metismomma's Avatar
    Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    990
    Hi
    Can't wait to see how you enjoy your VFF's. I would love to get a pair myself.
    Calm the f**k down.

  8. #658
    winencandy's Avatar
    winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    When the nearly 16 year old grabbed a piece after coming home from lifting, his comment was "I've just had a mouthgasm"...didn't quite expect to hear that from my kid!!
    HAHAHA!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I think I'll take that second vacation day that I had booked off for tomorrow anyway (from the canceled parent getaway) and focus on getting the work done. It's due Friday, and otherwise I'll be spending the next 3 evenings on it at home.
    Good decision!

    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    but we are expecting a big snowstorm late tomorrow.
    We are getting a snow "storm" here tonight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Our home is not in a danger area at all, but with 2 rivers intersecting in the city, it can get bad.
    Glad you are our of the flood zone

    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Hubby and I are going out for dinner on Friday in honor (of the birthday, not the VFFs) and making it a sort of date night. We have gift certificates from my mom at Christmas for a steak place.
    Happy Birthday!

    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I think I may have an apple with almond butter soon.
    I took an apple with macadamia butter to work today because of this

    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Good news...my VFF sprints arrived!! I just ordered them on Friday night, so I'm very impressed. They sure go on a hell of a lot easier than the KSOs. I'll have to take then with my for badminton at work tomorrow. These ones are a pale blue with green accents. Very nice.
    That was fast! Photo?
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield


    Winencandy

  9. #659
    Metismomma's Avatar
    Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    990
    There is macadamia nut butter?! My god! How expensive is it?
    We've been getting snow since Monday. First day of spring my aunt fanny.
    Calm the f**k down.

  10. #660
    Greensprout's Avatar
    Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    3,019
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    We are getting a snow "storm" here tonight.
    Funny that...seems the storm actually is completely bypassing us. I'm quite good with that. Maybe getting a cm or three overnight, but that's it. Very windy though. I think they're getting slammed south and west of here.


    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Glad you are our of the flood zone
    me too! We deliberately bought in a 'high and dry' part of the city. The sump pump has been working a lot lately as we had rain over the weekend.


    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Happy Birthday!
    The actual day is tomorrow.


    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    That was fast! Photo?
    I was thinking I'd better take one, just not today! Soon. Yes, I could have had them shipped to the MEC downtown here, but it would have taken a few weeks, plus downtown parking, and so on, so I paid the $6.50 for expresspost service. Worth it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Metismomma View Post
    There is macadamia nut butter?! My god! How expensive is it?
    We've been getting snow since Monday. First day of spring my aunt fanny.
    Yes, there really is macadamia butter! I think I found it in the organic section at Safeway, it's also in the health food/organic shops, and I might have seen it in the organic section of Superstore as well. More expensive than other nut butters, a little 500g jar was I think over $10. Nice, but a bit bland, and to be honest, I've tried it plus hazelnut butter, and I think I keep going back to the almond as a standby, when I do have nut butter. I was having far too much several months ago, lately it's been far less. Well, except for this week.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •