Page 64 of 273 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 64

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I haven't measured yet, but am seeing some signs of progress. Certainly a lot to due with the recent lifting. I'm seeing muscle definition in the shoulders and bicep, and a lot of firming in the midsection. A bit of definition starting to show in the thighs and side of the butt too, if that makes any sense. Skin around the middle seems a bit looser too, so I'm hopeful that this is the result of some fat melting.

An hour walk on the treadmill, 4 miles.

Today's eats:
    B: black coffee
    L: (post workout) 2 chicken drums, 5 oz burger pattie on 1/2 cup kale topped with salsa. Some shredded coconut.
    D: a big ass smoked sausage with sauerkraut & grainy dijon mustard, kale and a bit of broccoli. I'm full.

Fitday #s:
    Calories: 1224 SERIOUSLY?? I can't believe that.
    Fat: 71 g (52%)
    Carbs: 25 (8%)
    Protein: 119 (40%)

I'm pretty shocked. And I'm feeling quite satisfied. No doubt the calcs are not totally accurate, but even so, it surprises me.

Last night I did end up a bit peckish after a few hours of homework, and had some wine and 2 squares of caramel 70% lindt chocolate, and then went to sleep feeling rather overfull.

On another note, I'm continuing to have some stress from the kid who has been causing me some grief of late. I'm concerned and not quite sure where to go with this. Keep wary, I suppose. And we're planning on a 2 night getaway with friends for Sun-Tues, so there are some worries about leaving the boys on their own. Not too concerned about the other kid, we need the time away to relax, but I can't help but stress a bit. There are times when I wish we had family living closer, but maybe that wouldn't make a lot of difference??

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I haven't measured yet, but am seeing some signs of progress. Certainly a lot to due with the recent lifting. I'm seeing muscle definition in the shoulders and bicep, and a lot of firming in the midsection. A bit of definition starting to show in the thighs and side of the butt too, if that makes any sense. Skin around the middle seems a bit looser too, so I'm hopeful that this is the result of some fat melting.
    That's great!

Fitday #s:
    Calories: 1224 SERIOUSLY?? I can't believe that.
    Fat: 71 g (52%)
    Carbs: 25 (8%)
    Protein: 119 (40%)

I'm pretty shocked. And I'm feeling quite satisfied. No doubt the calcs are not totally accurate, but even so, it surprises me.
    How do you eat that much protein???
    I had 2 eggs, a pork loin chop and 2 pork chops and it was only 77g!

On another note, I'm continuing to have some stress from the kid who has been causing me some grief of late. I'm concerned and not quite sure where to go with this. Keep wary, I suppose. And we're planning on a 2 night getaway with friends for Sun-Tues, so there are some worries about leaving the boys on their own. Not too concerned about the other kid, we need the time away to relax, but I can't help but stress a bit. There are times when I wish we had family living closer, but maybe that wouldn't make a lot of difference??
    Keep wary.
    If they are gonna misbehave, they'll find a way, if you are home or not.
    But you can't have him under your eye 24/7, you need time away too.
    Do you have a friend that could stop by one evening and act "surprised" that you're not home??
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

How do you eat that much protein???
    I've always been a meat gal. Can easily eat a HUGE steak in one sitting. I realized with tracking that I wasn't normally getting quite that much though, as I filled up with more veggies and fats. I do think it takes some planning to get it all in, if it isn't a BAS (big ass STEAK) day.

Keep wary.
    If they are gonna misbehave, they'll find a way, if you are home or not.
    But you can't have him under your eye 24/7, you need time away too.
    Do you have a friend that could stop by one evening and act "surprised" that you're not home??
    Yes, I agree. The friends we would normally have check in are the ones we are going away with. I was thinking of bringing it up with someone else, however. Granted, he could also be out in the evening with buddies, wherein lies the issue, I believe. Will have to talk this over with hubby. He's more of the mind "oh, we have to trust them sometime", but my momsenses are tingling.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    never trust a teenager... Funny we were having this discussion yesterday over morning tea... everyone agreed, teenagers are the worlds biggest liars, with only minor exceptions. Just tell him, look we're going away, I dont want to have to be worrying about you... he'll say there's nothing to worry about (Big Lie ) you say, I'm just going to be really pissed off if I come back and find you dead, wounded, in jail, whatever. He'll say nothing like that is going to happen. (truth you hope) you say well I'm relying on you to look after your brother and do the right thing, and the only reason I'm having this conversation with you is because you have let me down before.

Ultimately it will make no difference what you say or do, but at least if you've said it before, then he's got no comeback if he does something really stupid and you get mad at him.

I am no help whatsoever really

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    My neighbors and some of my kids' friends were good to let me know if something happened they thought I should be aware of.

I also made the point to tell my kids I was trusting them and treating them like mature, responsible, smart young adults. If, however, they decided to betray my trust and act like irresponsible children, they would be treated accordingly, far into the future.

We've decided to cancel our getaway. Priorities lie at home right now. Haven't decided if I'll keep the 2 days off I had booked, maybe only one.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    that is such a bummer.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Keep the days. Spoil yourselves. Have a "stay at home" getaway while the kids are in school
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Yeah, a bummer. Though there were also a few other reasons why not doing the getaway was not the best timing.

I'm a horrible parent, or at least that's what part of my head is saying. I read some of the kid's texts yesterday when he had left his phone out and was at a game. I shouldn't have breached his privacy, on the other hand, I'm the parent, damn it, and I have every right when he's already given us reasons to not trust him. And I confirmed some of my suspicions. So there. Had me stressed all last night and distracted me today at work. Confided to hubby on the way home what happened, and we confronted the kid when we got home. Expectations and concerns are all laid on the table. He's angry with me, but I'm supposed to be his mom, not his friend, after all, aren't I? I'm acting out of love and concern and worry and all that crap. I don't expect him to see that for maybe 20 years or so, but I do feel kind of better. Not good, but not so bad. I don't know where this is going, but I guess it's better to have been honest.

*%^&$#@*

Ate just a bit at work and will be grilling a big ass steak soon. Nice bottle of pinot noir to share.

I did LHT today.

A positive note: I ordered a pair of VFF sprints last night from MEC and just received an email that they've shipped! Hooray!

And the kid has been quiet, but is responding when I talk to him without hostility. I think the confrontation took him completely by surprise. Good. Maybe it'll make some impact before things go too far.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm sorry you are going through this. I can relate to your struggles.