Page 60 of 261 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 2610

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 60

  1. #591
    Greensprout's Avatar
    Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    2,909
    Primal Fuel
    Hubby ended up in a strange mood last night, so went to bed earlier than me. Of course tonight he tells me he was very tired from the quick trip he was on last week with the 2 hour time change, his belly was off, and so on. I ended up having more wine, a pepperoni stick, some chocolate and even some salt and balsamic vinegar potato chips from the kid's stash. Bah. Not a huge amount, as much as it sounds.

    Today worked on some homework, still no luck logging on to the online discussion, so I emailed the instructor so I don't get penalized for not posting by the end of today. Went to son #2's soccer game (woudn't let him sleep over at friends last night, so as to not repeat last week's episode), they won and he scored two sweet goals plus had 2 well played assists.

    Kind of hungry today. Eats:
    B: coffee with coconut milk, steak warmed in bacon fat with 3 over easy eggs
    S: a couple of blueberries, one pepperoni stick, 1/4 cup of pistachios, and 2 squares of dark chocolate.
    D: 2 grass fed burger patties (maybe 1/2 lb total) topped with cheddar, avocado, tomato & salsa, spinach & arugula sauteed in duck fat, the fat made a very nicely tasty difference. Highly advisable. Had a rum & diet coke somewhere in there late afternoon before dinner.

  2. #592
    Greensprout's Avatar
    Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    2,909
    Okay, more kid stress. Just lovely. Another one of those times when it sounds better to have chosen pets...sigh.

    But the other one had a triumph...says he benched 190 lbs today. Good grief. He's planning to shift from "bulking" to "cutting" in a couple of weeks, has been researching methods and is considering some IF or at least feeding windows, so it will be interesting to see how that goes. He's become quite fond of getting lots of positive comments about how "big" he's been getting over the past months of working out, and is looking forward to leaning out for the summer.

    Today I wasn't in the mood for black coffee in the morning. I ended up finding my course website back online just as I was shutting down for the night, so felt obliged to get my work done before heading off to bed, so ended up with about 6 hours of sleep.

    Today's eats:
    B: coffee & coconut milk
    L: BAS with baby romaine, cauliflower, tomato, celery, red cabbage & steak with balsamic/dijon/evoo. Forgot to bring any coconut to work today.
    D: roasted cauliflower, brussel sprout & mushrooms with evoo, more leftover steak. Very nice. Last couple bites of veal shank.

    I was hungry when going to workout at 1130, did 3 sets each of squats 75lb x 10 reps, full pushups x 10 reps, low pulley rows 65 lbs x 10 reps, step ups (using higher bench) 35 lbs x 10 reps each leg, stability ball jackknives x 15 reps. Whew. Then I wasn't so hungry and walked for 40 min, listening all the while to another Robb Wolf podcast. Lunch went down well after this.

    Doing laundry tonight. Woo hoo. Maybe some homework?? Maybe will be lazy and browse online instead.

  3. #593
    winencandy's Avatar
    winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    My steak tonight was great, hubby wasn't happy as he said his steak was "full of cartilige and fat"...I'm thinking WTF? This is a sirloin!! Sometimes I'm completely flabbergasted by him and his sqeamishness with meats.


    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Went to son #2's soccer game, they won and he scored two sweet goals plus had 2 well played assists.
    Very nice!

    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Okay, more kid stress. Just lovely. Another one of those times when it sounds better to have chosen pets...sigh.

    But the other one had a triumph...says he benched 190 lbs today. Good grief. He's planning to shift from "bulking" to "cutting" in a couple of weeks, has been researching methods and is considering some IF or at least feeding windows, so it will be interesting to see how that goes. He's become quite fond of getting lots of positive comments about how "big" he's been getting over the past months of working out, and is looking forward to leaning out for the summer.
    See, it balances out

    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Forgot to bring any coconut to work today.
    Did you pack it tonight??

    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I was hungry when going to workout at 1130, did 3 sets each of squats 75lb x 10 reps, full pushups x 10 reps, low pulley rows 65 lbs x 10 reps, step ups (using higher bench) 35 lbs x 10 reps each leg, stability ball jackknives x 15 reps. Whew. Then I wasn't so hungry and walked for 40 min, listening all the while to another Robb Wolf podcast. Lunch went down well after this.
    I guess so!
    I don't even know what half of those exercises are!

    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Doing laundry tonight. Woo hoo. Maybe some homework?? Maybe will be lazy and browse online instead.
    Go for it
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield


    Winencandy

  4. #594
    Suse's Avatar
    Suse is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    2,516
    Okay, more kid stress. Just lovely. Another one of those times when it sounds better to have chosen pets...sigh.
    Seriously, you gotta get a dog Ah well they wont be teenagers forever.

    Sounds like you had a busy day.

  5. #595
    Greensprout's Avatar
    Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    2,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    Seriously, you gotta get a dog Ah well they wont be teenagers forever.
    I do like dogs, but there's no way it would be fair to the animal to have one right now with the way our schedules are. The cats get neglected enough as it is, now they're 11 years old, and fat and lazy. As for the teenagers, you're right, provided they (and WE) survive that long.

    And yes, winencandy, I do have the coconut packed for tomorrow. No lunch packed, but got my coconut. I have a half cup container that might last me the rest of the week.

    And I also have to add that I was impressed with how hubby handled himself today with the kid. Was angry and closed off for a bit, but then remained calm and had an educational chat with the boy. I told him I was pleased with how he dealt with things. Offer facts and guidance, not personally condemn them forever. I feel a hell of a lot better than the last time.

  6. #596
    ommmmaggie's Avatar
    ommmmaggie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    And yes, winencandy, I do have the coconut packed for tomorrow. No lunch packed, but got my coconut. I have a half cup container that might last me the rest of the week.
    Do tell! Shredded coconut? What do you do with it at work - just snack on it? I'm intrigued...

    Stats as of 3/1/12:
    5'10" female, 38 y/o
    Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
    WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
    DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
    EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

  7. #597
    Suse's Avatar
    Suse is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    2,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    And I also have to add that I was impressed with how hubby handled himself today with the kid. Was angry and closed off for a bit, but then remained calm and had an educational chat with the boy. I told him I was pleased with how he dealt with things. Offer facts and guidance, not personally condemn them forever. I feel a hell of a lot better than the last time.
    Progress!

  8. #598
    Greensprout's Avatar
    Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    2,909
    Quote Originally Posted by ommmmaggie View Post
    Do tell! Shredded coconut? What do you do with it at work - just snack on it? I'm intrigued...
    Yep. Just shredded (or flaked or dessicated unsweetened) coconut. I grab a pinch or four if I feel like I need something to top off lunch or hold me until dinnertime. I was keeping creamed coconut at work, but that's easier to overdo it on for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    Progress!
    Progress, yes, but I'm allowing the stress to get to me, probably more than I need to be doing. Had some chocolate and a glass of wine last night.

    I don't think I slept well, got to work (after the usual morning fight to get you know who out of bed before I left, which was already running late as I was slow getting started for the day) and felt like crap. Headache, distracted, slightly queasy belly (had only coffee & coconut milk on the way). Put up until lunch (have performance evaluations due in this week), then packed up and went home. Was thinking about "comfort food" to settle the belly, visions of coconut pancakes crept in but I couldn't be bothered to make them. Ate 2 scrambled eggs in butter with cheddar, 2 pepperoni sticks, 4 almond stuffed dates, some pistachios and a handful of potato chips. Then a few ibuprofen and crawled into bed where I napped hard for 2 hours (would have been longer, but I set an alarm to get up before the boys got home from school). Headache is mostly gone, belly a bit better, but I still feel tired and sluggish and not quite sorted out. I did have a chat with the kid after school, I need him to meet me halfway on some things, and believe I made some headway.

    Aaaaargggghhhh. I feel like I'm spending far too much energy on this. Tomorrow will be better, or at least that's what I'm telling myself.

    I'm making chicken wings for the boys, undecided if I'll have some or not. Probably should take a probiotic for a couple of days, I don't use them regularly but they seem to help when things get feeling off.

    Obviously no workout today. Came home to eat and sleep instead.

  9. #599
    Suse's Avatar
    Suse is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    2,516
    I think it is very wise coming home to eat and sleep.

    How old are your teenagers?

  10. #600
    Greensprout's Avatar
    Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    2,909
    older one will be 16 soon, the other is 14 1/2. As I recall, my rebellion stage as a teen was around 14 & 15 (and part of 16). As hubby says "and look how you turned out..." haha. He was more of a straight laced type than I was.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •