Page 6 of 263 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 6

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thats great when you can get your teenagers on board.

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Had something else to eat last night after the soccer game but can't remember what!

B: coffee with whole milk (not quite IF...didn't feel up to black coffee)
    L: out- greek salad and 'jalapeno shrimp with thai basil in coconut milk"-tasted great, didn't agree much with me. Posted separately on this.
    D: not hungry, belly issues. Later had a bunch of slices of crispy fried pork belly. My fave comfort food. Also some shiraz.

Activity: PT class at work, core and lower body. A circuit, 10 different exercises, through twice with jump rope in between, then finished with rounds of skipping, jumping jacks and burpees. Good class. Jumped on the pullup bar at the end to see what I had left...managed 3 chinups, though the last was a bit rough.

I think an IF is in order for tomorrow. Have day off from regular job with an education day at second job. One bonus to IF is that I don't have to make time in the morning to prep breakfast or lunch, so can sleep another few minutes, hooray! Haven't been getting enough sleep this week, that seems to be a recurring theme for me. Must focus on priorities and goals.

B: IF
    L: IF
    D: onion, garlic, green pepper and snow peas sauteed in bacon fat with hot chili flakes, 2 purchased marinated eggplant rolled around provolone & sundried tomato, roasted chicken leg, thigh, 2 wings and extra crispy skin.

Hubby had a breast/wing piece, but wouldn't eat the skin or wing...I'm trying, but he still has issues and gets squeamish about eating chicken skin and visible fat. Also parts like wings, legs and thighs...seeing veins and stuff puts him off. And he thinks I'm odd for eating pork belly!!

My IF was going great, didn't look twice at the 'goodie' plate at the education session I was at today. Then when stopping at the grocery on the way home, I was browsing the deli, and there were cheese samples. Popped one in my mouth and took the first bite...then remembered I was only at hour 16 hours, rather than the 20+ I had planned...wasn't hungry, just forgot I wasn't eating yet. A bit disappointing, but no biggie. So I then saw a table of more samples, so choose to try a bit of german mushroom brie and a garlic havarti. Very nice, both of them. Then didn't eat until dinner was ready 3 1/2 hrs later.

I'm now questioning the type of oil used in the eggplant marinade...bit of a rumbly belly now post dinner. Similar to yesterday, but much milder. No issue the last time I ate this about 6 weeks ago...guess I'm used to REAL food, not crap anymore. Must be more careful.

Will probably have some wine later, and have some fresh blackberries. Now the big decision...to have with heavy cream or coconut milk...hmmmmm

Presenting at a conference tomorrow on a panel. Going for the lunch too, which is right before our session. Will be interesting to see what they choose to serve. Don't plan on going particularly hungry, can always just sip coffee/water.

No workout today. Should be onto some yardwork tomorrow late afternoon.

see, thats how easy it is just to forget your good intentions! I think a 16 hour IF is pretty good going if you ask me.

Yes, good intentions...

Friday night I was too full for the berries, but for some unknown reason indulged in too many nuts (pecan, walnut, almond, cashew organic mix). Wasn't even hungry, actually very full, but gave in to the need to nibble on something.

Saturday:
    B: coffee with cream, smoothie with strawberries, blueberries, protein powder, cocoa, spinach, coconut milk & coconut oil
    L: ate a tiny lunch at the conference I was speaking at. Bit of salad with raspberry vinagrette, 3 slices pickle, the filling out of a small egg salad pita, and about 1/2 cup of a delicious creamy lemon chicken soup. No tummy issues post meal. (and the presentation went very well)
    S: chicken thigh, 2 turkey pepperoni sticks. Couple of nuts.
    D: One beer while preparing meal. 1 grilled anaheim pepper stuffed with goat cheese, grilled asparagus marinaded in evoo & red wine vinegar, grilled sirloin and mushrooms sauteed in bacon fat. Cabernet merlot (several...glasses, not bottles, haha)

Sunday:

B/L: bacon, egg, avocado & tomato salad from Saturday's MDA blog post. Very tasty, most certainly a keeper recipie. Coffee with whole milk
    D: One German beer while cooking. Leftover chicken breast warmed in butter, fiddleheads sauteed in garlic & bacon fat with butter, morel mushroom cream sauce over the chicken (posted the recipie separately)...truly heavenly. All that fat left me stuffed to the brim.

Got some garden soil today, need to get some herbs and tomatoes into the ground. Here "up north", we normally don't put gardens in until somewhere around late May, can still even have overnight frost into June sometimes. Want to get this done before leaving for holiday next weekend. Very busy week ahead, and hubby just gone out of town again today until Thurs. Should be spending more time on tasks rather than hanging out on the laptop...but not tonight, methinks.

Busy workday, a bit rushed in the morning trying to get out the door. Decided to try something a little different for daytime food.

B: coffee with whole milk and a bit of cream, few spoonsful of coconut milk with added coconut oil
    L: another bit of coconut milk with added coconut oil, one coffee with half and half
    S: handful of almonds while taxiing the kids to practices. Leftover steak with the morel cream sauce, fiddleheads sauteed in bacon fat with balsamic. Nomnom. Glass of wine.

Picked up fresh soil and some herbs, so enlisted son #1's assistance to prep planter boxes and put in oregano, basil, thai basil, thyme, rosemary, and some tomatoes. The herbs did great last year, the tomatoes not so much. Hoping for better. Oh, and one jalapeno pepper plant for an experiment. Prepped some ground beef for the kids to have for dinner tomorrow as I'll be late.

Busy busy for tomorrow, out of the house before 7, work till past 730pm, go direct to son's soccer game, then hopefully home by 930pm. Repeat the next day with same shift and game for second son. So much to do before leaving on our trip on Sat...SO looking forward to a week in Paris alone with hubby.

ooooh Paris. The city of luuuurrrvvve! I feel some envy coming on! Will expect a full trip report on your return!

You are doing so well, you hardly ever cheat. You make me look bad :P

Hardly ever cheat...hmmm...I'd say the regular wine or other libation counts for enough over my 20% often enough! Thing is as far as non primal foods, I really don't crave them, and though I often see things I'd sort of like to have (and used to regularly), I really don't want them enough to bother trying. Now that I've experienced some bad effects from food I've not made myself, I'm even more wary of indulging in that stuff. We'll see how it works out in Paris, as I do expect to have a croissant (hopefully not every day!) and probably will indulge a bit in other stuff too.

Today:
    B: coffee with whole milk at 630, 2 boiled eggs with the rest of the morel cream sauce at 930
    L: cappuccino, remains of a small bag of organic nuts
    D: around 430, BAS (lettuce, spinach, broccoli slaw, tomato, celery, scallion) with sirloin slices, dressed with evoo/balsamic/grainy dijon.

Long day (but a good one), 12 hour shift then directly to the soccer pitch to see son #1 have a disappointing loss. Left the house before 7am, home at 940pm. Get to do it again tomorrow. Sleep anyone??
    Last edited by Greensprout; 05-18-2010 at 08:58 PM.

sigh.... french croissants, I'm sorry but I just would not be able to pass them up - especially layered up with a ton of butter and raspberry jam - a true weakness there!. But if we want to feel not so guilty about it, at least they are full of good fat! We just wont think about the bad stuff

I also have primal type French foods to look forward to: lots of butter, fois gras, cream sauces, and I'll hunt for more! We have a hotel booked for the first 2 nights and then a small apartment for the next 5 (don't really plan on cooking, but will have stove/oven available) and will be able to keep snacks and breakfast stuff handy (and wine...)

Today:
    Not too hungry early in am, but black coffee didn't sound so appealing
    B: coffee with whole milk/cream
    L: espresso with cream
    D: around 4pm, "taco salad" (lettuce, ground beef seasoned into taco meat with tomato paste, slight adaptation of a post by Griff on another thread, 1/2 avocado, bit of cheddar, sour cream).
    S: now having a glass of shiraz. Had 2 strawberries, feel like some meat or fat...have to hunt in the pantry.

So not a "IF" day due to the dairy in the coffees, but felt quite fine. Another long day with work/soccer/pick up kids, etc. Should get my butt into bed. Hubby home tomorrow, and my mom arrives as we're flying her in to stay with the boys while we're away. I've discussed PB with her, will leave a copy of the book out for her to read while she's here. She did sound interested, and will probably take a good look at it.

Interesting tidbit:
    At the hospital today, a young med student was at my patient's bedside. I commented that her mocha coffee smelled good, then ended up stating that I had stopped eating sugar. She promptly replied "oh, I'm so sorry for you...why?" I mentioned insulin response, fat storage, etc, and her reply was "yeah, I've read about that, but figure I'm young, and don't really have to worry about that now..." I really wanted to laugh out loud, but kept it in, as I though that might be a tad rude. It'll catch up to her one day, haha.

Page 6 of 263 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast