Page 56 of 263 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 56

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    We found this caesar dressing recipe many years ago, used to make it only a few times a year due to the "high fat content"...it goes without saying that I make it a lot more often now. The teenagers love it, and depending on how much garlic you choose to use, it makes for a vampire free night.
    Thank You <3

S: dish of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, one pepperoni stick, small cubes of kerrygold cheddar, havarti and smoked gouda. 2 squares lindt 70% caramel chocolate. Several glasses of wine plus a norcal margarita.
    I miss snacking like this...

I cleaned my oven today. At risk of revealing myself as a complete non domestic goddess (that's a big joke between hubby and me...he does more housecleaning than me),
    Same here

I must admit that I've had my current stove for a few years...and today used the self clean for the first time. Yeah, I'm a dope. Have to admit it looks rather nice, and when I popped tonight's dinner in, I had a look and was quite shocked that I can see clearly through the glass door...holy crap! Rather pathetic, I suppose, but I have a clean oven today <does little happy dance>.
    I desperately need to do this, but my stove is NOT self cleaning and its 23 years old...maybe I should just buy a new one...it might be easier

In time, things will go where they need to be.
    This is a great attitude

B: One whole young thai coconut (the water plus the jelly...really good).
    The farmer opened one for me today, I could have eaten the whole thing, but I only had a little bit

When I chopped up the bird, as usual, I saved the back to toss into the freezer for stock later when I have a full bag. Hubby came by, and became totally grossed out seeing the dismembered carcass, shuddering and muttering "I looked at it for too long...". As usual, I shake my head and laugh.
    Heehee
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=winencandy;346837]

I miss snacking like this...[QUOTE]
    So did I in January. Today hubby seemed dumbfounded that I had eaten cheese..."I though you gave it up, you said you hadn't had any for a month"...yeah, buddy, that was last month...and didn't I just make a killer caesar salad yesterday? Never said I'd never have it again. ???

[QUOTE]
    Same here [QUOTE]
    Glad to know I'm not alone...

[QUOTE]
    This is a great attitude [QUOTE]
    Thanks

[QUOTE}
    The farmer opened one for me today, I could have eaten the whole thing, but I only had a little bit [QUOTE]
    Pretty darn tasty, aren't they?!

okay, I've obviously lost it with the quoting thing...&%^$#@!*

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I desperately need to do this, but my stove is NOT self cleaning and its 23 years old...maybe I should just buy a new one...it might be easier
    HAHAHA, now that is a GREAT attitude!

okay, I've obviously lost it with the quoting thing...&%^$#@!*
    Your end quote needs a / in front of the word QUOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    HAHAHA, now that is a GREAT attitude!
    I wonder if it will get me a new stove ?????
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Gym day once again, did NROLFW level 1 workout B, so now I'm halfway done level 1. Upped some of the weight again. And still no for the deadlifts. Then 45 min on the treadmill.

Today's eats:
    B: coffee with coconut milk
    L: (post workout). BAS with mostly spinach, tomato, lettuce, red pepper, red onion, a few kalmata olives, 1/2 a small avocado with balsamic dressing. one chicken thigh (large) plus a bit of breast meat. Maybe 1 tbsp of creamed coconut, all I had left at my desk.
    D: zucchini sauteed in butter topped with spaghetti sauce (organic sauce plus grass fed ground beef), some shaved parmesan on top. One little square of 70% caramel lindt dark chocolate.

Now for packing. Going pretty minimal, what I'm wearing, one uniform with boots, plus one change of clothing and basic toiletries. Should be able to do the no checked bag thing. Going to be a very long day...up at 3 am, leave at 4, 2 1/2 hr flight to Denver, 3 hour wait, then connect for 2 1/2 hour flight to New Orleans. Meeting up with 2 others at the rental car station, then an hour or so drive to Gulfport, Mississippi. Egads. Probably a good day for an IF, at least for as long as it's going well. Not good food choices until we settle in and find a restaurant for dinner. Don't know about breakfasts at the meetings, they claim to be having what sounds suspiciously like pastries, fruit and the usual low fat yogurt. Might stick with coffee. Not sure where the lunches will be either. Planning on good suppers, and it might be pretty light or IF for the daytimes, we'll see. Repeat the travel for Friday, home at 730pm.

And I'm not bringing my laptop, it's a bit big and cumbersome, and I have no idea if there is connectivity where we're staying, so no point. Might have some MDA withdrawl...heehee. Bringing my e-reader loaded up, so will have plenty to read.

Okay, I believe a glass of red would be appropriate for packing motivation. Yeah, yeah.

Wow, a whirlwind trip!
    I don't envy you the travel days...
    Will you get any time to explore?

Yes, wine is a requirement for packing

We'll miss you.
    Have fun???
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Packing is done, as is the shower so I don't have to do that at 3am. Taxi is booked for 4am. Had a bit of a momentary panic when I couldn't find my e-reader...but all is well and it is charged. Was in a pile of my crap that hubby moved (as he is apt to do frequently).

Probably not much time for exploring, which is too bad, since I've not been to New Orleans. Hoping to get some seafood in Gulfport, people tell me to have some catfish. I had it before, years ago and remember it was nice, but was probably breaded. We'll see.

Okay, see you all Friday night or Saturday. Temps down there are +20C, which compared to the -20C here sounds pretty darn good. Packed my VFFs and some gear to walk in if the opportunity arises.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    hope you have a good time, and of course, enjoy those balmy temperatures!

I'm back Though not pleased that it's -25C at home...

Quick trip, but not too bad on the primal front.

Tuesday was very long, up ridiculously early, and then my colleagues with whom I was meeting up were delayed by 5 hours, so I wandered around the airport waiting. IF for 16 hours or so, and none of the food places at the airport were very primal friendly, so settled for a salad with packaged dressing and grilled shrimp plus a side of smoked sausage and a glass of cabernet. Some nuts. Plus I indulged in a praline...incredibly tasty but a complete sugar blast. I liked it. Later on after driving an hour and getting checked in, a quick trip to burger king for takeout, so I had (scraped off the bun) 2 beef patties with cheese and bacon.

Breakfast the next 2 days were IHOP, so bacon and eggs were decent. One salad of spinach and veg with chicken at Subway. Did have a few potato chips. Dinner on Wed ended up being a hosted thing from the meetings, so had 2 grilled burgers plus one hot dog (without bun, of course) with mustard & ketchup and a few slices of tomato. Couple glasses of chardonnay. Weather was great, in the 70s and low 80s F. Did get out for a long walk on Wed, with some pushups and single leg squats at the end. The meetings we were there for were productive.

Yesterday we finished by noon, so decided to drive the hour back into New Orleans. Took the long route along the Gulf coast and saw some beautiful beachland. I was truly suprised to see so much leftover damage from hurricane Katrina, which was over 5 years ago. In the rural areas near the coast, so many places without homes, but with old concrete foundations remaining on empty land. Broken trees. Small towns with damaged buildings boarded up and left. Obviously in an economically depressed area, there isn't the money to tear down or repair all the damaged buildings. I was quite impressed with all the houses built on "stilts" or concrete pilings near the coast, apparently to raise them above storm surges. Once we made it to New Orleans, much more evidence of old damage. Lots of abandoned homes and businesses, with large amounts of damage, which was not only in the older neighbourhoods, but in the downtown core as well. Sad, but life seems to have carried on.

We spent a few hours wandering around the French Quarter and Bourbon Street. Note to self: another place NOT to bring teenage sons. Very interesting architecture, and a huge amount of character, but full of clubs, booze, and sex shows. I enjoyed myself, but would have been much more fun with hubby than a couple of work people. We did have (finally!) a great meal, lots of fresh Gulf seafood. I splurged on a creme brulee and a praline cappuccino. Was worth it.

Coming home today, I IF'd for about 18 hours, but I did forget and have some cream in one coffee in the morning. Once getting to Toronto, I had a greek salad and glass of cabernet between flights. A few nuts in flight and 2 squares of lindt 70%.

Getting home is always good. Hubby had made burgers, so I had 1 1/2 grassfed beef patties with some cheddar, avocado and salsa.

And of course, none of the three of us had brought a camera, as we didn't expect to have any spare time. Guess I should remember that for next time.

Hopefully will be able to catch up on other people tomorrow

Edit: I had another praline. Major sugar hit. Ingredients: Sugar, evaporated milk, pecans, pure vanilla, butter. At least I avoided buying the ones with corn syrup . Damn, these are good. At least I can't find them here.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 02-25-2011 at 09:43 PM. Reason: added the praline