Page 54 of 272 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 54

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Had a good workout today. NROLFW level 1 workout A, week 3. Increased the weights a bit, as it called for fewer reps. Felt good, and then onto the TM for a 45 min hilly brisk walk. I can't wait until it's spring, so then I can go walking outside at work. Right now it's too much hassle (excuses, excuses) to bring all the stuff needed for an outdoor walk during the workday. Not that I'm outdoor walking on weekends, either, but hey, I'm moving, anyway.
    Great workout.
    I hear you on the outdoor walking. I really need to get outside. There's NO way I'll be ready for a 5K April 10th if I don't do some outside work...
    But I don't like to be cold...

Today's eats:
    B: ... some macadamias a bit later.
    L: ... with hazelnuts.
    S: 6 almonds and 4 cashews. Yeah, I think I was cutting back on the nuts.
    heehee, me too

Tonight is not very romantic, we really did the valentine's thing with the dinner party on the weekend.
    No romance here tonight either...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    yeah if it makes you feel any better, apart from the cosmo's last night there was no romance at our place either... the fireman was rebuilding his computer... oh yeah, exciting times baby!

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    oh yeah, exciting times baby!
    heeheehee.

When you think about it, makes you wonder why do we let the mundane bits of life get in the way of the romance and intimacy?? Not that we should need some sort of holiday to indulge...then again, sometimes the reminder is a bit of a prod <pun intended> to remind us that sometimes we just have to stop and focus on each other. Ah well, I suppose that happens no matter how long you've been together. Over 20 years for us.

I didn't have wine, but a vodka soda appeared to wash down the two pieces of <gasp, say it isn't so> MILK chocolate. Awfully sweet, that stuff. And I made some good progress on the essay, time to put it away for tonight.

Stayed up later than I should have again last night, that makes 2 in a row of about 6 hours of sleep. Not so great, but at least after shaking off the cobwebs with a shower, I've been feeling pretty awake and alert through the day. Oh, and I did have some wine and chocolate too. Fairly busy at work, and at the gym I walked again on the treadmill for an hour. Pretty decent. I'm varying the incline, so at least it's a tiny bit closer to walking outdoors. Smelled nasty in there today, not sure if it was the room in general, or the dude on the treadmill beside me. Ick.

Had to leave work early to get son #1 to orthodontist, of course they were running late, and we were out of there nearly 30 min later than expected. He's "graduated" from orthodontist followup, as his braces have been off for a year and a half and followup has all been good. Just has to keep with the retainers overnight, apparently forever. Then dash home to pick up son #2 for his school team soccer game across the city, plus drop #1 off at the gym on the way. Watched the game, they lost but my kid scored a beautiful goal. Home to quickly throw together leftovers, toss them down, and get son #1 delivered to drivers ed lesson. So finally home close to 830. And now for my essay, thought I could sneak in some time at work today for it, but no dice. At least the kid has a ride home after the lesson ends at 10.

Eats:
    B: coffee & coconut milk
    L: BAS with cuke, tomato, 1 small avocado, couple of olives, balsamic/evoo, and sliced pork chop. Then I finished off my macadamia nuts, quite a few actually, but I knew it would be late before I had dinner.
    D: 730. Bacon fat in pan, warmed sliced pork chop, sauteed some red onion & spinach, and topped the lot with 2 fried eggs. Nice.
    Apparently 4 more chocolates found their way into my belly since then. Only 3 more left in the box...

Okay, onto a good hour or so of homework. Aiming for a good 7 hours of sleep for tonight...

Apparently 4 more chocolates found their way into my belly since then. Only 3 more left in the box...
    haha, may as well finish the box that's what I say!

+1
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    +1
    Never said I wouldn't

<oh yeah, just taking a break from work...and making soup stock from the leg of lamb bone left from Saturday's dinner>

I just made the most delicious soup. I had tossed the lamb leg bone into the slow cooker last evening to simmer until after work today (also had a pork chop bone tossed in too). The stock ended up quite tasty, I reduced it a bit and added some chicken stock I had saved in the freezer. Threw in a bunch of veggies: cauliflower, onion, garlic, carrot, parsnip, bit of rutabega, simmered till soft, then 2 bunches of kale. Added a couple of cups of leftover diced lamb, a couple tablespoons of thai green curry paste, and a tin of coconut milk. Wow Ate 2 big bowls full.

Today's eats:
    B: coffee with coconut milk
    L: BAS with spinach, grape tomato, cucumber, red onion, a small avocado, sliced pork chop, with balsamic/dijon/evoo dressing. Bit of creamed coconut.
    S: maybe 6 or 8 almonds while prepping dinner, a handfull of blueberries too
    D: 2 big bowl of the lamb curry soup. One HB egg.

Got in my LHT workout again today. Tried out a warmup set of deadlifts with just the 45 lb bar, but still wasn't happy that my low back was ready (or my form still is off, or both). Subbed stability ball bridge hamstring curl things again. Otherwise, a good workout, increased the weight on each lift. Then I changed it up and hopped on the elliptical for 20 min instead of the treadmill, kept HR at 70%.

I'm about halfway done my essay, (can we say easily distracted), so more work tonight.

And I did finish off the chocolates last night with a glass of wine. Now they're gone.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 02-16-2011 at 08:06 PM. Reason: remembered more food

The soup sounds wonderful!

9 more days until I can have some wine and dark chocolate. I think I'll buy something special to celebrate!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

I just cant believe you've gone this long... well I do believe it, but i dont if you know what I mean... I couldnt imagine it myself...