Page 53 of 274 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 53

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Got to the gym for an hour walk at 70% of max HR, about 3 miles on the treadmill. A guy came up to me asking about my VFFs, curious and interested, "I saw you on the treadmill and thought you were wearing only socks!". Heehee. I gave them a wash tonight as they were definitely getting that nasty funkyness.

today's eats:
    B: coffee with coconut milk
    L: last of the beef/tomato/onion/garlic/kale stuff, mostly oxtail for the meat. Bit of creamed coconut.
    S: one pepperoni stick, couple of macadamia nuts
    D: late. Grassfed striploin, sauteed mushrooms and roasted asparagus. One norcal margarita, 2 glasses of red wine.

Good friends (who are primal too) were in Belgium last week and brought us a small box of lovely fresh Belgian dark chocolates. Have to admit that after trying a couple, I ended up eating about 8 of them. Amazing. So good, and worth every morsel. Currently in sugar daze. Aaaahhhhhh...

Hosting a dinner party tomorrow, 2 other couples. I'm doing a leg of lamb, roasted cauli, salad, apps of olives, root veggie chips, maybe marinated mozza and grape tomatoes. Hubby is making a primal chocolate berry pie for dessert.

My legs are feeling today's walk and I'm feeling pretty weary. Must be time for bed. Only 6 hours of sleep last night as I stayed up doing nothing productive. I did have some wine last night, woke feeling groggy but it went away after coffee and I felt pretty good during the day.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    A guy came up to me asking about my VFFs, curious and interested, "I saw you on the treadmill and thought you were wearing only socks!". Heehee. I gave them a wash tonight as they were definitely getting that nasty funkyness.
    Heehee
    Funkyness - not so funny

D: late. Grassfed striploin, sauteed mushrooms and roasted asparagus.
    NICE! We only ever have asparagus for a few weeks in the spring. And only from our "secret" patches
    I miss it...

Good friends (who are primal too) were in Belgium last week and brought us a small box of lovely fresh Belgian dark chocolates. Have to admit that after trying a couple, I ended up eating about 8 of them. Amazing. So good, and worth every morsel. Currently in sugar daze. Aaaahhhhhh...
    I would break my 30 DONN for Belgium Dark Chocolate!!!

Hosting a dinner party tomorrow, 2 other couples. I'm doing a leg of lamb, roasted cauli, salad, apps of olives, root veggie chips, maybe marinated mozza and grape tomatoes. Hubby is making a primal chocolate berry pie for dessert.
    Sounds lovely. Have a great time tonight!

My legs are feeling today's walk and I'm feeling pretty weary. Must be time for bed. Only 6 hours of sleep last night as I stayed up doing nothing productive. I did have some wine last night, woke feeling groggy but it went away after coffee and I felt pretty good during the day.
    Sometimes, non productive is good.
    And an hour walk at 70% of max HR, about 3 miles on the treadmill; isn't that in the 'perfect' move slowly range? (50-75%) Good for you!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    i too would break something for dark belgian chocolate!

There was more Belgian chocolate to be had last night, as we indulged while looking at our friends' photos from their trip. We'd been invited to go too, but it wasn't really doable right now unfortunately. Will go onto the "to do" list along with many other vacations.

The dinner party was a smashing success, all primal foods and well enjoyed by all. Of course, a couple of norcal margaritas and some wine (and a "special coffee" as well), but overall, I didn't drink as much as I normally would have at such an evening.

Didn't really eat before the guests arrived. Apps were olive dish, shrimp & seafood sauce, roasted root veg (turnip, rutabega & beet...not as crispy as I would have liked but very tasty), almond stuffed bacon wrapped dates, marinated grape tomato & mozza in balsamic vinagrette. Dinner of leg of lamb, roasted cauliflower, creamed kale, mixed greens with almond slivers, strawberry & blueberry with balsamic dressing, roasted sweet potato cubes. Dessert was a primal chocolate berry "pie" with a nut/coconut crust and topped with whipped cream. And of course, some more belgian chocolate.

Up late, so a bit of a sleep in today. Bacon & eggs for breakfast, then off to son #2's soccer game (loss). Tried to get started on my essay that's due on Friday, but no success there. I did do some more readings, at least. And chipped some ice off the driveway along with one of the boys.

Didn't actually have dinner, wasn't particularly hungry, although there are lots of leftovers. Noshed throughout the day on a couple of pepperoni sticks, a few macadamias, some belgian chocolate, a few berries. And a couple of glasses of chardonnay.

Back to the grind tomorrow. The following week I'm off to Mississippi for a few days for some meetings. Travel on Tuesday, meetings Wed and Thurs, then travel home on Friday. I noted another post that Mississippi has been granted the title of the "fattest state"...I'll be observant...

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    The dinner party was a smashing success, all primal foods and well enjoyed by all.

Apps were olive dish, shrimp & seafood sauce, roasted root veg (turnip, rutabega & beet...not as crispy as I would have liked but very tasty), almond stuffed bacon wrapped dates, marinated grape tomato & mozza in balsamic vinagrette. Dinner of leg of lamb, roasted cauliflower, creamed kale, mixed greens with almond slivers, strawberry & blueberry with balsamic dressing, roasted sweet potato cubes. Dessert was a primal chocolate berry "pie" with a nut/coconut crust and topped with whipped cream. And of course, some more belgian chocolate.
    Wow! Can I come to your next party

The following week I'm off to Mississippi for a few days for some meetings. Travel on Tuesday, meetings Wed and Thurs, then travel home on Friday. I noted another post that Mississippi has been granted the title of the "fattest state"...I'll be observant...
    I've never been there. Have fun, take some photos
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    sounds like your dinner party was a success. I have a couple of questions.. what is a norcal margarhita... I see that mentioned time and time again... whats in it? And what is a rutabega... I suppose I could google though ....

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Wow! Can I come to your next party
    Anytime! The door's open, although I think it's about a 16 hour drive from your place

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    what is a norcal margarhita... I see that mentioned time and time again... whats in it? And what is a rutabega... I suppose I could google though ....
    It's from Robb Wolf, sort of a paleo style margarita. Tequila, juice of a whole lime, then topped off with soda water. No added sweetness or orange liquor like a standard margarita. If you like the taste of tequila, it's quite good. And I like that it's not sweet.

Add to today's foods:

plate of blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and blueberries (yum) and several chunks of assorted cheese, plus one more pepperoni stick.

I'll call that dinner.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Had a good workout today. NROLFW level 1 workout A, week 3. Increased the weights a bit, as it called for fewer reps. Felt good, and then onto the TM for a 45 min hilly brisk walk. I can't wait until it's spring, so then I can go walking outside at work. Right now it's too much hassle (excuses, excuses) to bring all the stuff needed for an outdoor walk during the workday. Not that I'm outdoor walking on weekends, either, but hey, I'm moving, anyway.

Today's eats:
    B: coffee & coconut milk, few slices of lamb, some macadamias a bit later.
    L: more lamb, leftover cauliflower with hazelnuts, some olives.
    S: 6 almonds and 4 cashews. Yeah, I think I was cutting back on the nuts.
    D: nice large thick fatty porkchop, grilled, last of the cauliflower plus steamed broccoli with butter. Last piece of belgian chocolate.

Tonight is not very romantic, we really did the valentine's thing with the dinner party on the weekend. I have to get going on my essay, (oh joy), did the running around to soccer practice before dinner already. Hubby is packing for a couple of days away for meetings. I might go ahead and have a glass of red later, in the spirit of valentines. And there's other dark chocolate...