Page 52 of 275 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 52

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Was planning to go to the gym to lift today, but was feeling off. I was actually feeling kind of lightheaded at a meeting this morning, so thought that lifting heavy stuff over my head was perhaps not the wisest choice. I doubt it was related to not eating breakfast, as I do that regularly. No idea what that was all about, so I had lunch instead. No lightheadedness now, but my belly does feel a bit off. ??? My low back was still sore today too, so another day of rest might help that. I'll plan for the workout tomorrow.

Today's eats:
    B: coffee & coconut milk
    L: Mixed salad greens with grape tomatoes tossed with a bit of lemon/evoo, one HB egg, 2 slices crumbled bacon (the kids didn't find it, hehe), and a scoop of guacamole. Also 2 small chicken thighs. Most tasty. A cup of tea with stevia & coconut milk.
    S: but of creamed coconut, a few almonds, couple of blueberries, one slice of bacon dipped in guacamole
    D: a fatty lamb shoulder chop, roasted brussel sprouts/cauliflower/mushrooms, 4 small slices of sweet potato roasted.
    later: 3 squares of 70% mint chocolate

Now for homework, trying to stay on top of stuff, as I have an essay to start soon that is due in 2 weeks. Pain in the backside, that. No wine or other libations until the weekend, I did have one last night (okay, two).
    Last edited by Greensprout; 02-07-2011 at 07:16 PM. Reason: more foods

Spent the morning doing second language evaluation (French)...don't get the results for a few weeks, but let's just say I'm far from fluent!

I did make it to the gym, not at lunch as I decided I was hungry, so went at the end of work, meeting hubby at the gym before heading home. NROLFW level 1 workout A for the second time. My back is still a bit sore, so I made sure that form was good and didn't increase the weight on squats of low cable rows. Felt not bad, then walking for 15 min at the end.

Today's eats:
    B: coffee with the usual coconut milk
    L: BAS with grape tomatoes, guacamole, 2 slices bacon and 2 chicken legs. A chai tea with stevia and coconut milk.
    S: 6 almonds, some creamed coconut.
    D: grass fed chuck roast from the slow cooker, did a modification of the italian pot roast from the PB cookbook. I threw in some kale into the pot at the end, so ate the beef shredded with lots of kale, tomato, onion and garlic and the broth. Pretty tasty. Only a little meat left after the four of us ate, and it was a 3.5 pound roast.

Herbal tea for tonight. Thinking of a snack, but undecided as of yet. Thinking of creamed coconut dipped in melted chocolate, or berries in greek yogurt. I haven't had yogurt since the holidays, since I cut significantly back on the dairy. Well, I did have a spoonful the other day when hubby had it out. Tasted so good! I can't imagine now how nasty the fat free artificially sweetened crap I used to like would taste now. Not planning to find out either.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Was planning to go to the gym to lift today, but was feeling off. I was actually feeling kind of lightheaded at a meeting this morning, so thought that lifting heavy stuff over my head was perhaps not the wisest choice.
    This falls under the Avoid Poisons and Stupid Mistakes

Only a little meat left after the four of us ate, and it was a 3.5 pound roast.

Thinking of a snack, but undecided as of yet. Thinking of creamed coconut dipped in melted chocolate, or berries in greek yogurt.
    nice
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Still cold here, I'm tired of winter.

Played badminton for an hour, counting that as slow movement plus play all rolled into one. Give me a few months of badminton once a week and I might actually end up not bad at it. Eye hand coordination stuff has never been my strong suit.

Today's eats:
    B: coffee with coconut milk
    L: yesterday's leftovers: grass fed beef roast with onion, garlic, tomato, kale and the broth. Some creamed coconut.
    S: one pepperoni stick
    D: chicken wings buffalo style, raw veg (cuke, broccoli & celery) with guacamole. Pretty filled up from this.

Another non exciting day. I did manage to get a good solid 7 hours of sleep last night, though for some reason I had an episode of fatigue mid afternoon. Odd, as that's not been happening very much of late.

Still cold here, I'm tired of winter.
    Yup, me too, and there's still another two months left of it...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

there's still another two months left of it...
    At LEAST 2 months here...probably more before the snow is gone. Sigh.

I was really tired last evening, actually was dozing off in my textbooks before 930, so got to bed in time for a good solid over 7 hours of sleep. Ate 3 squares of the 70% mint chocolate too. Wasn't a 'hungry' thing, just wanted something.

Got my workout in early today, we have a big cheese here at work today which would keep me from going at lunchtime. Had 2 cups of coffee with coconut milk before the gym. I did workout B from level 1 of NROLFW, but chose to substitute the deadlifts with stability ball hip bridges...sort of works many of the same muscles, and is good for core stability too, so my guess is that it is a reasonable substitution until my back is better. Also did a treadmill walk for 40 min at a good pace but keeping HR under 70% max. It actually felt really good working out at that time, and the gym was pretty much empty, so even better!

Suse is offline Senior Member
    remember a few months back when I was sick of winter! I so know how you feel, but without the snow bit. I'm sure snow is better than rain though... me and rain just dont get on when it comes to visit day after day after day...

Doing good getting back into the exercises girl. As ever, am impressed with your commitment.

The snow by itself isn't so bad, it's the regular -20, -30s and -40s C temps that has me looking for spring

Todays eats:
    B: coffee with coconut milk, one HB egg and one slice bacon after the workout around 930.
    L: sandwich bar at work...insides only (roast beef, turkey, egg salad, lettuce, tomato, cuke) and a bowl of creamy cauliflower cheese soup
    S: bit of creamed coconut mid afternoon
    D: grass fed ground beef on a bed of coconut oil sauteed red cabbage, green peppers & mushrooms. Small portion, as I wasn't too hungry.
    Just cooking up some side pork (pork belly) to crisp up now for a snack. The thread on pork belly made me remember I had some that needed to be cooked or frozen)

Back is still a bit tender at times, but not any worse. Doing core strengthening should help, at least that's what physio told me last spring.

Tomorrow's Friday, hooray

Suse is offline Senior Member
    today's already friday here! Yayyyyyy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    At LEAST 2 months here...probably more before the snow is gone. Sigh.
    I was trying to be optimistic I hate snow in April, somehow its not as exciting as snow in December

Got my workout in early today, we have a big cheese here at work today which would keep me from going at lunchtime. Had 2 cups of coffee with coconut milk before the gym. I did workout B from level 1 of NROLFW, but chose to substitute the deadlifts with stability ball hip bridges...sort of works many of the same muscles, and is good for core stability too, so my guess is that it is a reasonable substitution until my back is better. Also did a treadmill walk for 40 min at a good pace but keeping HR under 70% max. It actually felt really good working out at that time, and the gym was pretty much empty, so even better!
    Sounds like a great workout!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy