Page 48 of 249 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 48

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Decent day today. Finishing up handover at the outgoing job and last bits for the new one. When I went into the new office they were having a "bruncheon" for the person I'm replacing, as she heads off on maternity leave...lots of crepes, muffins, low fat yogurt and fruit, plus fruit juice. Of course, I was offered it all (it's a small group), but declined, telling them I don't eat that stuff anymore. They didn't question, but likely more to follow as they are a very food centred group. Should be interesting.

My farewell luncheon was nice, lots of people turned up. Not like I won't see them from time to time, as this is the clinic where I get my medical care and such.

Eats:
    B: coffee with coconut milk
    L: 7 oz sirloin, arugula salad with too much balsamic dressing, subbed veg for the frites, which was about a measly 1/2 cup of roasted root veggies. Cleaned the plate and felt totally not full. Seemed like a really small steak! Granted, it was lunch. Coffee with cream.
    S: 1 pepperoni stick, few bites of the ground beef I made for the kids. Thought about a bit of cheese, but didn't go there.
    D: not till nearly 10pm. Baby romaine salad dressed with fresh lemon & macadamia nut oil vinegrette topped with toasted macadamia nuts and pan seared shrimp and big scallops. VERY NICE. Hubby said he could eat this several times a week. One vodka soda with lime, 2 glasses of chardonnay. Yeah, it's Friday.

So my cold has turned up a notch the past two days...getting very congested overnight (and the resultant snoring, according to hubby...oops). Totally clogged when I wake up. Took a sudafed today and consequently felt spacey all day.

Wasn't hungry today so really didn't eat until dinner around 830 pm.

D: sirloin steak grilled, with grilled evoo/red wine vinegar marinated aspargus, sauteed mushrooms in bacon fat/butter with rosemary & garlic. One rum & diet coke, couple glasses of red wine. One square of 85% chocolate.

Still cold, around -30C most of the day, but supposed to finally warm up to -9 tomorrow, which sounds heavenly at this point. Did some homework and grocery shopping. And I snoozed for about 90 min in the late afternoon...it seems I need more sleep, no surprise there. One of these days I'll get on track.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    have you upped your vitamin D and C intake... could help.

I hate taking sudafed or any cold medications as they make me feel spaced as well... I dont like it. I'd rather lie down on the couch and feel sorry for myself Hope you are feeling better soon.

Yes, I upped the Vit D and C when the cold first appeared over the holidays. I had cut back closer to normal levels last week as I thought I was nearly over the virus. Obviously not, so back with higher dosing.

Woke with a nasty sinus headache today, took until mid afternoon to subside, after ibuprofen. I decided to forego the sudafed for today. And still a tickle in the back of the throat. Out to son #2's soccer game this morning, and then a couple of errands and homework. Tomorrow I start full time at my new job, yay. It's a term for the next year.

B: coffee with coconut milk. Steak & 3 eggs fried in bacon fat.
    S: a few almonds, maybe 12 or so. Few nibbles of bacon crumbles while making dinner
    D: made a hubbard squash soup: crisped some bacon, then sauteed shallots in the fat. Added squash & celery, ginger, salt & pepper, chicken stock, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pureed, then heavy cream added. Topped in the bowl with scallion, cilantro & bacon pieces. Very good, had a huge bowlful and then a bit more. Also had 2 glasses of chardonnay while cooking and eating.
    Later on had about a cup of fresh blueberries & blackberries.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 01-23-2011 at 07:58 PM. Reason: berry snack

you're not sick enough to stop drinking i see

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    you're not sick enough to stop drinking i see
    hahahahahaha. Damn observant kiwis.

I managed to get myself off to bed at a decent hour, which allowed me to get a decent 7 hours of sleep last night (well, except for the nearly hour long coughing spell that ended up with me searching the kitchen for cough syrup at 2am). And the sinus headache lasted pretty much all day again, despite taking a sudafed. Bah.

Today's eats:
    L: BAS with grape tomatoes, 1/2 an avocado, basamic/evoo/dijon dressing, good portion of warmed up rare steak. Most excellent.
    D: 2 porkchops, and finally broke out the duck fat to coat asparagus & eggplant to roast...Wow, that's tasty stuff. Rich, silky, and yummy.

And today is a no wine day. Most certainly. Having some herbal tea, and planning on a nice early bed.

And today is a no wine day. Most certainly. Having some herbal tea, and planning on a nice early bed.
    Good girl... I would offer to drink your wine for you but I havent got any

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    Good girl... I would offer to drink your wine for you but I havent got any
    Hey, thanks for the gracious offer, but I see from your journal that you found a suitable substitite

Today is another wineless day. That is a good thing. I managed nearly 7 1/2 hours sleeping last night, consequently I felt much nicer today. Still had the sinus headache, but managed to conquer it by mid afternoon. Damn thing. I think its slowly waning again...hope so. Hubby's abstaining from drink for the week as well, I'm having herbal tea, he's having sweetened chai latte. Guess that's better than a beer.

I'm getting ready to start hitting the gym, just trying to decide on what program. I'm planning on using the gym at work and getting back to lifting heavy. It can only possibly result in good things happening. I started another thread on the fitness forum for some suggestions and advice. NROLFW? Starting Strength? Stronglifts 5x5?

Today's eats:
    L: bowl of squash soup, leftover steak & the last couple roasted asparagus & eggplant slices. Yummmm.
    S: bit of coconut oil mid afternoon. Some almonds while prepping dinner. small taste of hazelnut butter.
    D: ground beef with hot sauce on top of sauteed (with bacon fat) cabbage, mushroom, green pepper, cauliflower & spinach, topped with some roma tomato and avocado slices. Meant to add kalmata olives, but forgot until later. 1/2 cup fresh blueberries.

Planning on another early night. I often tend to stay up later when I have a drink, so no need today. Maybe I'll really get good and caught up on rest this week and get back onto a proper adequate sleep pattern.

PrimalCon New York
    Doing well, managed another 7 hours of sleep last night, and today is once again wineless. The sinus headache came back late in the day, but I've managed to get is to go back to sleep once again. No big progress on the virus being done, but not getting worse, in any case. Keeping the supplements up and the sleep.

I ordered NROLFW from amazon last night, and they've shipped, with an expected delivery of Friday, so I can have a good look over the weekend and see if this is the one I'll start next week, it will be either that or stronglifts starting strength, I think. Time to get my game on.

Today's eats:
    B: coffee & coconut milk, later one tea with coconut milk and stevia
    1030ish: 2 HB eggs with 1/2 an avocado & one plum tomato with lemon all mashed together, 2 small pork chops.
    later: spoonful of coconut oil
    D: bed of kale with bacon/garlic/lemon/red pepper flakes/kalmata olives topped with 3 soft eggs and 3 strips bacon. Amazing. Hubby was suitably impressed, but son not happy with the kale, so I got his share (yay). I love the kale that way and it is a perfect vessel for the egg yolks. One square dark chocolate.
    Herbal tea coming up soon.