Page 39 of 272 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 2718

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 39

  1. #381
    winencandy's Avatar
    winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,639
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I might spend my lunch hour tomorrow shopping for a new dress instead of working on the paper. Call it relaxation therapy.
    I call that Retail Therapy
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield


    Winencandy

  2. #382
    Greensprout's Avatar
    Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    3,020
    I did get out browsing the mall yesterday at noon, but nothing struck my interest. I had a nice black dress to wear anyway, just added some sparkly jewelry & belt & shoes, plus a red pashmina for a festive touch.

    Yesterday's eats:
    only coffee & tea with coconut milk during the day. Few macadamias and almonds before the party
    D: roast beef (not bad, but in a gravy, if they used flour to thicken I didn't notice any ill effects), veg was carrot & winter squash, green salad. Total pass on desserts as they were all cake. Did eat probably 5 chocolate truffles, not of all of which were dark chocolate. And many glasses of wine. Plus 2 adult coffees later. Enough to feel sluggish for several hours after getting up, but okay now.

    Today I haven't eaten yet, just coffee with HWC this morning. I was hungry a while ago while out doing errands, but it seems to have passed. I might make an early dinner tonight, looking at bacon wrapped chicken and maybe a big salad. Had a lot of running around to do today, now settling in with my assignment for the rest of the day.

    I feel like I'm on the verge of a cold, which would by my first since going primal, it it materializes. Sinuses a bit congested and nose a bit runny, not too bad. Throat feels gummy and a tad scratchy. Some tea with coconut milk and loading up on vitamin C might help too. Was planning on loading with C last night, but forgot to take any of my supps by the time we got home and went straight to bed (it was probably close to 1 am).

    I'll save more rambling for my paper

  3. #383
    Greensprout's Avatar
    Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    3,020
    Today's food:
    B: coffee with HWC
    S: 6 almonds, one small apple with almond butter, black tea with stevia and coconut milk.
    D: bacon wrapped chicken breast dusted with garlic & onion powder & paprika (nomnomnom), mixed greens with evoo/raspberry balsamic/acv/grainy dijon.
    Big glass of red wine while working on paper. And 3 squares G & B 70% mint chocolate.

    I woke up early this morning with a horrific calf cramp. That happens every now and then the past 6 months or so, and maybe two or three times in the last two weeks. I can still feel a bit of an ache even now. I picked up some magnesium a couple of weeks back but hadn't started taking any, so I'm doing so today. Am hopeful it makes a difference. That cramp was truly nasty.

    Made some decent progress on the paper, but done thinking for tonight. Early bed I think is in order and back at it in the morning for the final mad dash to the finish line. Hubby wants to go get the Christmas tree tomorrow too. I'm feeling more humbug that that. Whatever.

  4. #384
    winencandy's Avatar
    winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I had a nice black dress to wear anyway, just added some sparkly jewelry & belt & shoes, plus a red pashmina for a festive touch.
    You can't go wrong with a black dress

    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I feel like I'm on the verge of a cold, which would by my first since going primal, it it materializes. Sinuses a bit congested and nose a bit runny, not too bad. Throat feels gummy and a tad scratchy. Some tea with coconut milk and loading up on vitamin C might help too. Was planning on loading with C last night, but forgot to take any of my supps by the time we got home and went straight to bed (it was probably close to 1 am).
    I hope it doesn't materialize

    [QUOTE=Greensprout;284972]Big glass of red wine while working on paper. And 3 squares G & B 70% mint chocolate.]/QUOTE]

    That sounds perfect

    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I woke up early this morning with a horrific calf cramp. That happens every now and then the past 6 months or so, and maybe two or three times in the last two weeks. I can still feel a bit of an ache even now. I picked up some magnesium a couple of weeks back but hadn't started taking any, so I'm doing so today. Am hopeful it makes a difference. That cramp was truly nasty.

    Made some decent progress on the paper, but done thinking for tonight. Early bed I think is in order and back at it in the morning for the final mad dash to the finish line. Hubby wants to go get the Christmas tree tomorrow too. I'm feeling more humbug that that. Whatever.
    I hope the magnesium helps with the cramps.

    Get the paper done and you will feel better
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield


    Winencandy

  5. #385
    Suse's Avatar
    Suse is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    2,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I woke up early this morning with a horrific calf cramp. That happens every now and then the past 6 months or so, and maybe two or three times in the last two weeks. I can still feel a bit of an ache even now. I picked up some magnesium a couple of weeks back but hadn't started taking any, so I'm doing so today. Am hopeful it makes a difference. That cramp was truly nasty.

    Made some decent progress on the paper, but done thinking for tonight. Early bed I think is in order and back at it in the morning for the final mad dash to the finish line. Hubby wants to go get the Christmas tree tomorrow too. I'm feeling more humbug that that. Whatever.
    I get those cramps too from time to time... didnt realise I needed magnesium. I thought I was just taking that to make me sleep better. clearly I need to take more... except that it gives me the trots. Hmm bad

    When yuo get the tree up you will notice some of your bah-humbuggedness dissipate we put up our christmas lights around our deck and on our guttering and that definitely made me feel way more christmassy.
    Last edited by Suse; 12-12-2010 at 06:29 PM. Reason: christmas lights addition

  6. #386
    Greensprout's Avatar
    Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    3,020
    Huge accomplishment: Paper...DONE. Submitted an hour ago. Damn nonsense. Been at it all bloody day, now I think I need a massage and hubby seems ready to oblige, heehee.

    I've been taking the magnesium (saw that on several other threads) and so far so good. No cramps the past 2 days and no GI issues either. I'll keep it up for a while and see what happens.

    Up and out early for a Sunday for son #2's soccer game, a good one. Victory and one goal for him.

    Hubby & son #1 went out to pick up a Christmas tree today, it's a lovely Fraser fir and up in the family room, we'll decorate tomorrow as it needs time to thaw out and let the branches fall. Been -30C here over the weekend, and colder with the windchill. Downright nasty. At least it's sunny, which is one good thing about the prairies. It's usually sunny. Might be - a billion degrees, but sunny. Makes for some pretty cool (LOL) hoarfrost and ice fog at times.

    Today's eats:
    B: 3 fried eggs with lots of bacon and one sliced tomato after soccer, one coffee with HWC, which strangely made me think that I'm starting to like the coconut milk better...so the next one was with coconut milk.
    Grazed on and off while working on the paper. Tea, macadamias, almonds, bit of cheese, leftover bacon, pepperoni stick, 2 squares of mint G & B chocolate. Maybe there was something more? Can't remember.
    D: leftover bacon wrapped chicken breast warmed in bacon fat, roasted cauliflower/broccoli/carrot/mushrooms. A rum and white wine to self medicate through the paper.

    Son #1 passed his exam last week and now has his learner's permit. Hubby has taken him out driving a few days so far, making progress with the stickshift. So far no damage to either transmissions or body, though he backed hubby's Accord into a snowbank in a parking lot when hitting the gas instead of the brake the other day. Apparently hubby feared for his life several times. Guess I'll have my chance at that soon enough since I have a bit more time now. Oh joy! He took my Civic out today, and found it a bit easier to manage.

    Thursday coming up is our Anniversary, don't have any plans yet, and the boys have their school Christmas dance that night. Might postpone until Friday, but haven't really decided yet.

  7. #387
    winencandy's Avatar
    winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Huge accomplishment: Paper...DONE. Submitted an hour ago. Damn nonsense. Been at it all bloody day, now I think I need a massage and hubby seems ready to oblige, heehee.
    Excellent! And getting the paper done is good too

    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    No cramps the past 2 days and no GI issues either.

    Up and out early for a Sunday for son #2's soccer game, a good one. Victory and one goal for him.

    Hubby & son #1 went out to pick up a Christmas tree today, it's a lovely Fraser fir and up in the family room, we'll decorate tomorrow as it needs time to thaw out and let the branches fall. Been -30C here over the weekend, and colder with the windchill. Downright nasty. At least it's sunny, which is one good thing about the prairies. It's usually sunny. Might be - a billion degrees, but sunny. Makes for some pretty cool (LOL) hoarfrost and ice fog at times.
    +3 for no cramps, soccer win and Christmas tree
    -1 for the temp

    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Son #1 passed his exam last week and now has his learner's permit. Hubby has taken him out driving a few days so far, making progress with the stickshift. So far no damage to either transmissions or body, though he backed hubby's Accord into a snowbank in a parking lot when hitting the gas instead of the brake the other day. Apparently hubby feared for his life several times. Guess I'll have my chance at that soon enough since I have a bit more time now. Oh joy! He took my Civic out today, and found it a bit easier to manage.

    Thursday coming up is our Anniversary, don't have any plans yet, and the boys have their school Christmas dance that night. Might postpone until Friday, but haven't really decided yet.
    Ha! I remember the joys of having a beginner driver in the house
    3 down, one to go!

    Have a Happy Anniversary!!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield


    Winencandy

  8. #388
    Greensprout's Avatar
    Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    3,020
    Today's eats:
    B: coffee with HWC
    L: was meant to be my breakfast, packed for work. 3 eggs scrambled in butter with italian ham, salami & turkey coldcuts. Coffee with HWC
    S: 4 almonds (yes, only 4 after work)
    D: flank steak fahita style broiled on top of spinach and salad greens, with evoo/fresh lime, tomato, bit of shredded cheddar, sauteed mushrooms & green pepper. 3 squares G & B mint chocolate.
    2 glasses of wine later.

    Christmas tree is decorated and looks lovely. I get a nostalgic kick out of the decorations made by the boys when they were little. They are less amused, but tolerate me nevertheless.

    Damn cold today, windchill didn't warm up past -mid 30sC. But sunny. Maybe I'll think about frolicking nude in the moonlight for the solstice...not very likely! Best possible option would be a quick dash in a bikini across the back deck into the hot tub. A few years ago we spend midnight on New Year's Eve with a bottle of bubbles in the hot tub in -30 watching the neighbours set off fireworks. That was quite nice.

    Had my medical today. Cholesterol was stellar, as was everything else. I can't recall the numbers from the last lipid panel 3 years ago (which was very good), but I'm pretty sure that although the total cholesterol is up, the HDL is way up and the triglycerides are down. Nice. Dr was impressed, although his eyebrows rose when I said I take 5K IU of Vit D daily, he goes by the Mayo clinic recommendations of 2K. Whatever. All is good.

  9. #389
    Suse's Avatar
    Suse is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    2,549
    Had my medical today. Cholesterol was stellar, as was everything else. I can't recall the numbers from the last lipid panel 3 years ago (which was very good), but I'm pretty sure that although the total cholesterol is up, the HDL is way up and the triglycerides are down. Nice. Dr was impressed, although his eyebrows rose when I said I take 5K IU of Vit D daily, he goes by the Mayo clinic recommendations of 2K. Whatever. All is good.
    excellent!

  10. #390
    winencandy's Avatar
    winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Maybe I'll think about frolicking nude in the moonlight for the solstice...not very likely!

    Had my medical today. Cholesterol was stellar, as was everything else.
    Dr was impressed... All is good.
    Um, Greensprout, the frolicking nude in the moonlight is for the SUMMER solstice

    Excellent +2 on the medical results!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield


    Winencandy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •