Page 30 of 269 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 30

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    How was the ceremony at the GG's?
    It was pretty cool. A quick trip, got home about an hour ago, and the house is still standing.

Had an awesome dinner out last night, shared some mussels and a tomato goat cheese salad, and then a "meat platter" with lamb lollipops, bison, beef, venison and elk sausage, along with some veg sides, and of course, a nice bottle of wine.

Today was a really awesome ceremony, there were 39 people being presented decorations, for all kinds of great accomplishments. It was a humbling experience. Being presented a medal from the Governor General as well as personal congrats from the Chief of Defense Staff was pretty cool. Then a reception with food (some of which was primal friendly), and a tour of Rideau Hall, the GG's residence. Hubby is emailing me some of the photos, so I might get one posted shortly...

Here's an attempt at the photos. (I'm still having issues with this...)

Hubby & me at Rideau Hall, and us with the Governor General and our friends (he was hubby's roommate when we were dating way back when).

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...attach/jpg.gif
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...attach/jpg.gif

Suse is offline Senior Member
    no i cant see anything... am pouting...wants to see photo's

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    no i cant see anything... am pouting...wants to see photo's
    Same here
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Okay, so I'm somewhat challenged when it comes to the techno stuff...that's what Mr GS is for (among other things...).

I'll try this again, but they'll probably be moderated until tomorrow?? I'm trying to remember how I did this before and it's beyond me. I'm trying the album thing in my profile, so hopefully I can get this sorted out from now on.

GG me & Wayne..jpgGG & us..jpg

Anyway, today was "take you kid to work day" for grade 9 students. Son #2 came with me, the base had some talks and tours for the morning that he found a bit boring, and then I had him for the afternoon. Spent some time with physio, lab, I took his blood glucose, and another nurse let my kid give him a saline injection (he loved that). Also got him watching a "flight" in at the hypobaric chamber next door, where they had students doing hypoxia demos in the chamber, plus he got to play around with a flight simulator. Was overall kind of fun. Met with hubby at the mess for lunch.

Eats:
    B: coffee with HWC, one HB egg with mayo
    L: salad with bottled dressing, cheese
    D: free range baked chicken thigh and wing, roasted brussel sprouts and cauliflower, one square G&B dark mint chocolate.

I'm not pleased (but altogether not surprised) to be up a few pounds...over the past couple of weeks, it's just been too many calories, more wine that can possibly be justified in the 20%, and a number of mainly primal but less ideal food choices. That, plus the start of monthly bloat and nonspecific food cravings. Better sort this out in short order if I want to be where I'm more comfortable before heading to Vegas for a week at the end of the month.

oh that photo is just so itsy bitsy I can barely see you. you need to get your technology sorted out... just dont ask me how

Ah whats a few pounds. You know how to lose them easy enough.

Vegas.... oooh cant wait to hear about that. I am going next year for my partners 50th. I think we might stay at the Bellagio.

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    oh that photo is just so itsy bitsy I can barely see you. you need to get your technology sorted out... just dont ask me how
    Hey, at least it's there this time!! We need somebody to do a tutorial on effective photo attachments!

This has been a good exercise in procrastination, something I'm pretty good at already. Doing homework, am plodding through some readings on doctrine...'nuff said there.

agree!

TAWFUNGUY is offline Senior Member
    Procrastination?...... I will look into that tomorrow LOLOL

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Quote Originally Posted by TAWFUNGUY View Post
    Procrastination?...... I will look into that tomorrow LOLOL
    Aha...it's TAWFUNNYGUY...

The typical busy day, more sleep would be a good idea. Might get there in a few days, given my schedule through till at least Monday.

Eats:
    B: coffee with HWC
    L: was going to IF, ended up finding the last of the nuts and blueberry chocolate in my desk from last week.
    S: turkey pepperoni stick & babybel cheese
    D: made taco beef for the boys, I had leftover porkchop warmed in bacon fat plus spinach sauteed in the same pan. Also ate the bit of skin left from the chicken bits also warmed in the pan...I have to say that crispy chicken skin fried in bacon fat is quite heavenly. Too bad there was only a little bit.

Got new winter tires installed today...so let it snow...no, just kidding, I'm not interested in winter this year. At least the car is ready for when it does, which could literally be any time, and could last well into April.

Tonight has to be heavy duty homework...gotta go!