Page 29 of 269 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 29

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    When I was at the market this weekend, I noticed someone selling "ooh ahh" free range eggs... giant eggs that apparently the chicken says ooh,ahh as they are laying... 1 dozen was $12 NZ which I thought seemed pretty outrageous.

Sometimes it is good to have a non productive day... afternoon naps are the bomb!
    That does sound outrageous! The jumbo ones I get are $7.50 Cdn for a flat of 20. For any so called free range organic eggs at the regular stores, they go for at least $5 and normally closer to $7, and are much smaller than these ones.

Feeling more human today...that nap yesterday was truly needed in order to function. Good grief. Feeling like that fortunately only happens very rarely.

Today up early for son's soccer game, first of the indoor season. A loss, but he played well. Then onto a full day of homework interrupted by a trip to the grocery store, and managed to finally submit my assignment before making dinner. This week I'll have to complete an online exam by Sunday night...and of course another busy week ahead. Off to Ottawa tomorrow morning to receive an award being presented by the Governor General, should be pretty cool. Get to bring hubby along, we'll be meeting some old friends for a late dinner, and I was able to get them invitations to the ceremony as well. Then home Tues evening, so we don't have to leave the kids on their own for too long. And for the weekend, I have to 'work'...is time for two days on the weapons range to do the annual weapons qualification. Is always sort of fun, but likely to be rather cold. Hopefully no snow...we did have flurries Friday evening, but the measly 1 cm melted by morning.

Today's eats:
    B: coffee with HWC, later 3 eggs with bacon
    S: some almonds
    D: caesar salad, nice juicy pork chop. Might nibble on one more in a little while. Made extras for the boys to eat on Monday.
    Later: some G&B 70% mint chocolate (who needs milk choc halloween crap?) and some wine

One kid out tonight 'hanging out' with buddies for Halloween, the other on his last night of the month long grounding, grudgingly answering the door for the little trick or treaters. Better him than me, I told the rest of the family I wasn't doing it this year as I had stuff to do. Usually they all desert me to have no choice but to spend several hours hanging out beside the door. Not really my thing...
    Last edited by Greensprout; 10-31-2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: added the chocolate and wine O_O

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Off to Ottawa tomorrow morning to receive an award being presented by the Governor General, should be pretty cool. Get to bring hubby along, we'll be meeting some old friends for a late dinner, and I was able to get them invitations to the ceremony as well.
    EXCELLENT!!! Congratulations!!! and Very Cool
    What's the award???
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    EXCELLENT!!! Congratulations!!! and Very Cool
    What's the award???
    Thanks

It's a decoration for the work I did when deployed to Haiti after the earthquake last winter. If you're interested, it's on the GG website, look under press releases and I'm the last one on the list, alphabetically. It really is an honour, particularly when I felt I was just doing my job...

Suse is offline Senior Member
    great stuff... and clearly very well deserved. does this mean we can call you connie now?

PS assume you have put the fear of god into children being left home alone....

oh yeah and another ps... make sure you get a photo of you being presented and put it up on here!

goes to GG site...

is it the "Meritorious Service Medal (Military Division)" ?

It is an honour. And it's awesome
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Yep, should have been more specific. And thanks again! It was most definitely an experience...

great stuff... and clearly very well deserved. does this mean we can call you connie now?
    You can if you like.

PS assume you have put the fear of god into children being left home alone....
    Yep. It hasn't always worked out successfully in the past, other times it has been okay. At least it's just for a Monday night...

oh yeah and another ps... make sure you get a photo of you being presented and put it up on here!
    Actually, they don't allow photos to be taken during the ceremony, we get an official photo sent sometime later. But my mom has been bugging me to have a photo done of both hubby and I in uniform together, you know, "if you don't, one day it will be done, and then you'll wish you had one..." so what better place to do that then at the GG's residence? Will get our friend to take one.

and thanks

How was the ceremony at the GG's?
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy