Page 27 of 272 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 27

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Attempting to kick myself in the backside to get motivated.

B: coffee with HWC, 2 eggs fried in bacon fat. A thick slice of raw milk emmenthal cheese.

Just made the pumpkin muffins from the PB cookbook...holy crap are they good. I've already eaten 3 (they are kinda small, but good grief) loaded with butter. Now I'm stuffed to the brim and I want more. Not a good idea.

I'm sitting here doing laundry, thinking about homework but not inspired to do any, looking around at a rather untidy house, and wanting a nap. ???? The sun is shining, temps a bit cool but not cold. Trying to talk myself into a long walk, which should be a no brainer...what's my problem, anyway?

So my butt kicking was reasonably successful, and I went out walking in the sunshine for just over an hour. Feeling overfull from the pumpkin muffins the whole time. Glad I went.

Cooked a lovely spatchcocked chicken (free range, from a local Hudderite farm) in the oven. That bird was massive, probably over 6 lbs, and I was feeling optimistic when I put it in the oven a bit frozen in the middle. As a result, it of course took far longer to cook through than expected. In the end, it was amazingly tasty. Still haven't managed to figure out how to insert images where I want them, so will attempt to add my dinner. Side was red cabbage and spinach sauteed in bacon fahttp://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/images/attach/jpg.gift & butter. No plated photo, as the veg was done long before the chicken. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...attach/jpg.gif

Aside from the long cooking time, I was also beaten by the bird when cleaning up...I was pouring the lovely chicken fat from the roaster pan into a jar, tipped it too far and the rack fell out, toppling over the jar of newly collected fat all over the countertop and wood cutting board. Bah, humbug.

Here's some other recent food pics, that I forgot to download:

grassfed beef tenderloin with spicy stir fry veg http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...attach/jpg.gif

2 salads with bacon wrapped wild caught scallops, mine with goat cheese & roasted red pepper, http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...attach/jpg.gif his with blue cheese, craisens and walnuts http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...attach/jpg.gif
    Attached Images Attached Images

Off work today, was intended to use productively for homework and so on, but I'm procrastinating nicely on that. Got the kids out the door, and headed out to peruse some organic markets. Found a few odds & ends.

A strange eating day thus far:
    B: coffee with HWC, one pumpkin muffin with butter
    S: few macadamia nuts & almonds
    L: a few oz of chicken thigh with skin, and my first tin of sardines in olive oil...rather nice with grainy dijon mustard...sort of like tinned tuna or salmon...not an every day thing, but it is doable once in a while. Then I made the celeriac root soup from Saturday's blog post, which is really good, topped with a smidge of grated aged cheddar and I'm stuffed. Of course, that was 2 bowls of the stuff. Don't think I'll need a proper supper today.

Some housecleaning is also in order, and plan on making the bison chili recipe from the PB cookbook later on for tomorrow, using grassfed beef. I may not be studying, but seem to be in a flurry of domesticity. What's up with that?

Suse is offline Senior Member
    oooh your meals look so pretty!!!!!! I like food that looks colourful! those pumpkin muffins sound good. I'm undecided about the primal cookbook, I'm wondering if it might be too americanised for me....

Thanks Suse. As for the cookbook, I'm not sure what too americanized would be...though I can say that a lot of the recipes are beyond my norm...so maybe not??

No real dinner today, though I did cook the pot of chili for tomorrow, and then ate 8 (yes, 8) slices of bacon and 2 more pumpkin muffins to finish off the batch, making it a total of 4 for the day. Damn yummy. Can't really be too bad, it's pumpkin, lots of egg, a little coconut flour and coconut oil, plus spices. Oh, and I used less than 1/3 cup maple syrup for the dozen.

I think last week's nights out with the desserts is what got me on the strange eating thing. Maybe some sugar got me on a carb craving event. Not so bad, but I do believe a good IF is in order for tomorrow.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    You food pics very very good!

Thanks for sharing.

216, thanks. Not quite up to the standard set by your own photos however! I should take more of these pics, I like having fun with my food!!

Lots to catch up on at work today after being away for 4 days. Being busy always helps when fasting. Managed an 18 hour IF, with 2 cups black coffee in the morning and then a variety of cups of green, yerba mate and herbal teas.

D: Mark's bison chili with grass fed beef. I picked up some chipotle chili powder plus smoked paprika yesterday, which I used instead of the regular. Holy crap, that was far spicier than expected, I've never used either of those particular spices before. Topped with a bit of aged cheddar, avocado, scallion and creme fraiche. Awesome. The boys found it exceedingly spicy, but loved the smoky flavour. Will make again, but cut down on the heat. Cleared the hell out of my sinuses, which weren't even clogged to begin with, plus sent me into a sneezing fit for a while while eating. I roasted some cauliflower & tiny brussel sprouts with evoo, salt & pepper, put the chili on top of the cauli, but the sprouts were so caramelized and tasty that I ate them like candy right off the pan. I also had a square of 85% chocolate after dinner, was a good finish to the spicy meal.

Forgot to take a food pic, thought of that when I was nearly done.

Once again, I should be studying, but have become caught up in an episode of "the biggest loser". What a trainwreck. I don't watch much TV at all anymore, aside from food shows, I can't believe I used to like watching this crap. But, like a trainwreck, it's hard to look away...so perhaps I'll just go to bed earlyish tonight (maybe 6 hours last night of sleep) and be ready to jump back into work tomorrow. I have an assignment due that I already have an extension on due to last week's travel. Don't think I can focus enough tonight to give it any good effort. <<shh, don't tell this to son #1, who is late on submitting an essay that he's having trouble writing>>
    Last edited by Greensprout; 10-26-2010 at 06:33 PM. Reason: forgot the chocolate and the veggies

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Your food photos are awesome!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    honestly I dont know how you manage all these IF's. There is no way I could do one when at work... for some reason, being at work makes me ravenous! Usually for lollies though

I've been having terrible mid morning hunger lately, i think its that mouth hunger thing, just wanting to put something in my mouth and chew... certainly a protein shake doesnt cut the mustard.