Page 251 of 279 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 2787

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 251

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Congrats of getting the project almost done. Hope aches and pains improve.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Groceries acquired, including lovely striploin steaks for dinner. Weekend ritual.

The main grocery store I go to has the past half a year had frozen organic beef & pork from an Ontario source. I usually just get the ground pork, but the organic beef is pasture raised through supplemented with organic grains. Better than CAFO stuff. For some reason today, all of the stuff was labeled with crazy low prices, but not marked down. Mislabeled? Lower price? I dunno, but grabbed 4 pounds each of ground pork, ground beef and sirloin steaks. No idea what's up, but I may go back for more tomorrow while it lasts. I know for a fact this is about half of the price it's usually marked at. Strange, but I'll take it.

Was at Costco today and saw Nom Nom Paleo's Food for Humans cookbook for only $22. Had to get it. I was just looking at it (in person for the first time) at a bookstore yesterday, where I was impressed, but not going to pay $40 for it there. I've leafed through every page, and she has a ton of great stuff in there. I'm not bothered by the cartoon pics and captions, which seem to irk some people. Great photos. I'll be making more of her foodz soon.

We also have a new vaccuum. Less exciting than foodz, but required nevertheless. Our old one pretty much died. Got a Hoover bagless upright on sale, and it works awesomely well.

Hubby & I seem to have agreed upon a boozeless week ahead. Mon through Thurs, at least. A good idea for both of us. My new batch of kombucha is nearly ready to bottle, I've picked up lemongrass & ginger to add. And I have some old stuff still kicking around in the fridge, so should be good for the week.

Dry rubbed pork back ribs are in the oven, roasting low and slow. Smells heavenly. And I have last night's leftover steak for lunch tomorrow, so that means a happy Monday. Steak for lunch on Mondays always makes me happy.

Middle of the night, we heard a loud noise, and hubby went out to investigate. I fell back asleep, but apparently son #2 woke rather ill and didn't make it to the bathroom before vomiting all over the hallway, including spraying walls and son #1's door (he was still awake gaming). Boys and hubby cleaned and mopped the lot. I dealt with a pile of laundry tonight, as a full basket of folded laundry was in the path as well. Eewww. He stayed home today, but seems better tonight. Weird.

Planned on the gym today, but cramps and raging flow pretty much dictated I'd have to take a miss. Tomorrow should be better.

Eats:

black coffee
    bone broth with gelatin & 2 egg yolks
    L: steak, potato, mushrooms, asparagus
    toasted coconut
    D: small portion of spaghetti squash topped with ground beef/mushroom marinara & parmesan
    toasted coconut

We both did have one drink tonight. Hubby had one early and I had one late. Into a book tonight, but kind of tired, so a reasonable bedtime is in order. Been reading more about resistant starch as well.

bullymama is offline Senior Member
    I was tempted to order Michelle's Nom Nom Paleo Cookbook but haven't yet. Have you had a chance to try out any of her recipes yet? I do look at her blog quite often though and I did buy her "action figure"! Yes, she actually has her own Paleo action figure which I have sitting in my kitchen window sill, cheering me on as I cook and eat as Paleo as possible.

Anyways, just wanted to say HI and that i've enjoyed reading your journal and journey into the primal lifestyle

Hi, bullymama, thanks for stopping by. I've read your journal, will delurk and drop a note there. I haven't used the NomNom Paleo recipe book yet but have made some of the stuff from her blog. Her pressure cooker bone broth is the bomb. And bacon guacamole sammies are most awesome.

Feeling productive tonight. After work did 2 loads of laundry, made a fantastic pressure cooker grass fed beef pot roast with potato & carrots in 2 hours, bottled kombucha (lemongrass ginger) and put on a new batch of booch to brew.

On a not so pleasant note, MIL has breast cancer. She found out when I was in Brazil, has been undergoing further investigations the past few weeks. Today found out there is a mass in her chest (lung?...hubby spoke to her, not me), so they now are determining which is the source tumor. Looks like nowhere else at least, though she has another test (bone scan, it sounds like, or bone marrow biopsy perhaps) next week, then course of treatment will be determined. Likely both chemo plus radiation will be in the plan, and then surgery. She's 65, so not old, by any means, but did have an MI about 10 years ago, and it was her younger sister that had the stroke 2 years ago. Hubby's not talking too much, but I can see he's pretty concerned.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Positive thoughts for your family.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Am thinking good thoughts about no cancer and no vomiting!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Thanks for the well wishes for MIL. Am keeping fingers crossed that it isn't too extensive...

I've bought a share in a protein CSA for the summer! All local stuffs, grass fed beef, lamb, heritage pork, lake fish, free range chickens, bison, elk, eggs and who knows what else. I'm rather pleased. Started first week of July and goes for 15 weeks. Of course I had to pay the full total now, but it works out to $35 per week, with the amount weekly varying with what's in the box. I'm happy to pick out my produce from the farmers' market. I enjoyed the produce CSA I had a few summers ago, but found I can do better for myself picking out what I want and in the amounts I need at the market from local growers. So looking forward to the growing season.

Was planning on gym at the end of the workday, but a supposed 15 min meeting turned into an hour. Had to go as I had a hair appointment. Trim, some long layers added, and a new colour. Dark coppery toned red brown. I really like it. Now that it's done, I see that I could have gone brighter red, with a tad less dark, but I still like it. Was strongly reminded I should book for a root touchup in 6 weeks, as opposed to the 5-6 months between colourings that I've been doing for a while. Ah well. Will try to do that.

Booked a facial for next week to use the gift cards that son #2 & girlfriend gave me for Christmas. Was thinking of a massage, but it's been I don't know how long since I've had a facial, so that's the plan. Decided to try the "anti-aging" one, so will see what all the fuss is about. Something about a collagen mask or some such stuff.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The gym did happen today. 30 min on the elliptical with a steep incline, and 25 min on the treadmill. Had a bit of a headache, but felt better afterwards. As usual, when I actually do the workouts. Missing the heavy lifting 3 months post injury, yet leery about getting back to it. Granted, I don't have the go ahead from physio yet anyway. Still, trying to figure out how to get back into things. Reevaluating whether returning to crossfit is the best option. It might be, still thinking. Not yet ruled out. I was pretty pumped by that 105kg deadlift in Dec. That was pretty cool, and I'd like to repeat someday. Lots to think about.

Son #1 is still waiting to hear back about his acceptance (or not) into the military pilot program. He's been done university exams for a few weeks, and lollygagging about the house. Not making plans or commitments until he knows what's up. He might just need to start looking for a summer job, as if he's not off to basic training this summer, he'll need one. Hopefully some news soon.

The alcohol free week didn't quite work out as planned, but it was a much lesser amount. A start, anyway.