Page 249 of 264 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 2635

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 249

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    More curliness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A good day at the Institute for Aerospace Medicine. Our hosts were amazing. I had mentioned at dinner last night I was looking forward to some authentic pao de queijo (Brasilian cheese bread) so she had her staff bring in some fresh ones for coffee break. Most cool and delicious. She may even get me her mothers recipie.

Dinner at a churrascaria, ate a lot of fantastic meats. Am a happy gal.

Tomorrow is at a helicopter aeromedical evac unit, so one of my areas to learn and ask questions, and make a presentation to their personnel.

Sitting on my balcony watching the waves crash on Copacabana beach, while listening to a garbage truck empty dumpsters on the street below, with a glass of Malbec.

Days like this, my job is pretty damn great .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    More curliness
    Now that's the Greensprout I met!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    You look gorgeous!!!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I can't believe how excited I am looking at these pics! I'm so glad you are having a great time. You look great!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Am home. Day off today to regroup. Lots to get done, and physio at noon. It was a great week, though busy and tiring, not complaining , but pretty worn out nevertheless. More pics later.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I thought you were probably super busy. At least the weather probably improved at home while you were away? Can't wait to see the pics!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

A lot of snow melting did happen at home while I as gone, and more in the past couple of days. Finally! Still a good bit to go, but positive progress. Despite the forecast of 5-10 cm of wet snow on Saturday .

Lots to catch up on at work. It seems a colleague at the next higher HQ has gone on sick leave, so a bunch of stuff she was working on has been diverted to me. Lovely. On top of my regular stuff, and still doing my Lt's duties for another month till she's back from post deployment leave. And performance evaluations to finish.

Went to the gym at lunch for the first time since the hand fracture in January. Walked 3.5 miles briskly on the treadmill. Need to be doing more of that on a regular basis. Soon I'll even be able to get back outside again. Might try some lower body machine weights stuff tomorrow. Barbells are still out for a while, with the hand and shoulder issues.

Will get to some more Brazil photos on the weekend. I did manage a bit of bikini tan lines . Ate lots while gone, and higher carb for sure. Included breakfast buffets had about a dozen types of tropical fruits, some of which I'd never seen before and am not entirely sure what they were, but it was appropriate to try them all. We all ate a lot of great food. As of today, am close to 3 lbs above my pre trip weight, which will likely decrease in the next few days.

Will start logging foods again for now, lately things had been edging upwards.

Eats:

2 mugs black coffee
    bone broth with gelatin & 2 egg yolks
    L: 2 hb eggs, ham, pickles, a banana
    4 squares 85% chocolate
    bite of ham, bites of ground beef/pork while cooking. Not too much in the mood for dinner, so am going with that for now. Likely will have a bit of something in a bit. A rum & zevia.

Still here, just kind of busy with work stuff and home stuff as well. And a new book that I started while away, haven't read a novel in ages and am enjoying Fall of Giants (book 1 of the century trilogy) by Ken Follett. Catching up on journals, but haven't been posting.

Eats mostly on track, but need to cut out the evening libations. Soon. A couple of crappy candy bars on Friday, and two small locally bakery made gluten free butter tarts on Saturday (seriously good, I tell ya). Otherwise good. Made some spectacular red wine braised lamb shanks on the weekend. Last of the leftovers for tomorrow's lunch.

Still cold. Bah. Will spring ever arrive?? Apparently at the end of the weekend we'll hit +10C and warmer. Lots of snow left to melt. I want to start walking outside, but it's still far too cold for bare feet in VFFs, which is how I like to walk.

Went to the gym at lunch. A bunch of bodyweight ass to grass squats, 50 or so walking lunges, plus a few sets of leg extensions and standing hamstring curls on machines. I typically avoid the machines, but for now, lifting stuff or even holding much weight is out due to the hand and shoulder injuries. A couple of miles walking on the treadmill as well.

4 day Easter long weekend coming up, hooray. Hubby has a work dinner Thurs night, so I'll have the evening to myself to catch up on food network stuff saved on the PVR.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    My goodness you have a lot going on!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140