Page 232 of 277 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2763

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 232

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh my God it's cold today. Forecast showing extreme windchill warnings in the -40s through Monday afternoon. I ventured out to replenish my Natural Calm supply, and the streets, while plowed, are horribly icy. Sliding when gently using brakes at intersections at 30 km/h. A few light standards down from collisions. Lots of icy ruts on the streets tossing me around too. And a huge load of snow from yesterday. Hubby shoveled the driveway 3 times.

Knee still feeling about the same. Still doing the odd pullup when going into the basement (the bar is at the bottom of the stairs). Will return to crossfit on Monday, whether it feels any better or not.

Did a bit of sorting in my bedroom today. I have a lot of shit to sort through. Baby steps, it'll get done eventually.

Catching up on some of the free till Sunday night Real Food Con podcast replay. Real Food Con Event | Real Food Con . Worth a listen if you have time time. Easy to pop on the iPhone with headphones while doing household chores.

Eats so far today include 2 slices of bacon, the last tiny bit of squash soup, pistachios. Thawing giant scallops for dinner, to go along with a salad.

One more day off, then back to work, sigh. Granted, I've been lazy, so perhaps routine is a good thing.

Up late watching more Mad Men, but a decent sleep in this morning. And reasonable productivity today. Pork sirloin chops are in the slow cooker with carnita seasoning. Guacamole still needs making, but that's quick, and I could remind hubby that he volunteered to make it this time if I provide coaching. Bone broth is simmering in the pressure cooker. Laundry in the works, including bed linens and duvet cover. Kombucha has finally been bottled, this batch was super tart, as I left it for nearly 4 weeks. The scoby is massive and impressive. Pureed some frozen thawed cherries and added a bit more sugar to flavour the batch. New booch is on, black tea only this time. Usually I do variable mix of black and green tea. Planning on making some mayo in a bit.

Listening to more of the Real Food Con podcasts again today. I shared the link with hubby, he enjoyed a few of them while he did some cleaning. Might still catch one or two more this evening.

My knee still hurts a good bit today. Damn thing. Stairs are an issue, up is fine, but down is quite uncomfortable. Going to crossfit tomorrow, regardless, will scale as needed.

Oh, and ladytime is finally trying to make an appearance, after 40 days or so. Good grief.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Happy New Year!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Hey W&C, come back a bit more often! We miss you.

Back to work. Stupidly cold. -33C with windchill of -47 on the drive to work. Nobody should have to deal with this crap.

Not particularly productive today, which seemed to be the general mood in the office. I did have a few German chocolates which had arrived in a package from one in our unit who is currently deployed there. Very sweet. Milk chocolate, of course.

Knee was a tad better today. Got to crossfit. Push presses & pullups, I've moved to a lighter band for assists. Progress is good. Then a killer workout of thrusters and burpees. My knee is a bit sore, but not like last time. Spoke to the coach, who recommended of course icing tonight, which I did, plus focus on less weight but strict form for now, if tolerated. I'll aim for that. Probably going again tomorrow, as I have a few classes to make up.

Eats:

one black coffee, mate tea
    bone broth with gelatin and an egg yolk, a banana
    L: tinned mackerel on lettuce with acv & cilantro, a mandarin orange, couple of homemade lara bar bits (a touch less than a regular bar worth)
    4 tiny milk chocolates, green tea
    D: pork carnita on lettuce with salsa, guacamole, sour cream & cilantro, 2 small sweet potato wedges
    a rum & zevia. Cutting back here, today was more of a "taper" .

Feeling tired and well worked. Bed is calling. Ladytime is in full flow, a tad over the top, though no cramps. Surprised it didn't end up in a leakage situation during the workout. Weird.

Blasted cramps hit today, along with mild upset stomach, loose bowels, and more crazy heavy flow. Ugh. I had signed up for crossfit for after work, but no go. It would not have been good. Instead, I'm planning on an early bed.

On a better note, though my quads are fatigued today, the knee is a touch better feeling. Hopefully all good to go for the gym tomorrow. Hopefully things will be slowed down by then.

Clarkie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Hey W&C, come back a bit more often! We miss you.

Back to work. Stupidly cold. -33C with windchill of -47 on the drive to work. Nobody should have to deal with this crap.

Not particularly productive today, which seemed to be the general mood in the office. I did have a few German chocolates which had arrived in a package from one in our unit who is currently deployed there. Very sweet. Milk chocolate, of course.

Knee was a tad better today. Got to crossfit. Push presses & pullups, I've moved to a lighter band for assists. Progress is good. Then a killer workout of thrusters and burpees. My knee is a bit sore, but not like last time. Spoke to the coach, who recommended of course icing tonight, which I did, plus focus on less weight but strict form for now, if tolerated. I'll aim for that. Probably going again tomorrow, as I have a few classes to make up.

Eats:

one black coffee, mate tea
    bone broth with gelatin and an egg yolk, a banana
    L: tinned mackerel on lettuce with acv & cilantro, a mandarin orange, couple of homemade lara bar bits (a touch less than a regular bar worth)
    4 tiny milk chocolates, green tea
    D: pork carnita on lettuce with salsa, guacamole, sour cream & cilantro, 2 small sweet potato wedges
    a rum & zevia. Cutting back here, today was more of a "taper" .

Feeling tired and well worked. Bed is calling. Ladytime is in full flow, a tad over the top, though no cramps. Surprised it didn't end up in a leakage situation during the workout. Weird.
    I am sooooo with you on this weather BS. Minus 41 with the windchill here today. Gosh we Canucks are a hardy lot aren't we? lol! Just popping in to say "hi"
    Hope your knee and the "ladytime" issues resolve soon. Stay warm!

Yeah, Clarkie, this winter sucks heartily. Supposed to get a break here after one more day of frigid. Though this afternoon didn't feel quite so bad as windchills were only in the -30s. Truly sad when that feels "not so bad". We're definitely going to retire somewhere a hell of a lot warmer. West coast/Vancouver Island is high in the running. Or south Okanagan.

Ladytime shit is subsiding. Bedtime soon. And I've already booked crossfit class for after work.

We've booked a week away for next month. We have lots of points saved up from our time share, so are heading to a resort property in Galveston, Texas. That and using airmiles for the flight, the cost is very reasonable. Just a quiet week getaway for the 2 of us. Should be fun. I see lots of fresh seafood coming up, and of course, must look for some Texas BBQ. The resort has fully equipped kitchen as well, and we'll have a rental car, so can always do some of our own meals as well. Pedidoc says it's kind of cool there this time of year, but 50s-60s F sounds downright fantastic compared to here!

Eats:

2 black coffees
    bone broth with an egg yolk & gelatin
    an apple, tea
    L: carnita meat on lettuce with guacamole, a mandarin orange, mini homemade larabar bites
    4 small german milk chocolates (think they're all gone now at work)
    D: roasted butternut squash, small roasted chicken breast, broccoli

No rum or wine tonight, just having a small cognac as a nightcap, then bed. Had to try out my new crystal stemware. Very nice.

edit: oh, I also had a chunk of kerrygold gouda well after dinner. Needed a nibble of something. It satisfied nicely.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 01-07-2014 at 09:28 PM.

The ladytime nonsense seems to be coming to an abrupt end. Feeling much better.

Crossfit today was great. I feel strong and powerful. Most excellent. The knee is holding out, but I'm icing at the moment just for good measure, as it does feel tired out. Not more sore, which is good.

I had the TV on as I was prepping beef for the slowcooker for tomorrow. TLC's "my strange addiction". There was a 45 year old lady, mom of 4, who has had over 30 plastic surgeries, and still doesn't feel like she has the "perfect body" yet. Many breast augmentations, several brazilian butt lifts, lip implants, and an implanted corset. She looks freakish. Her current plan is to increase breast size by double, from a LLL to a QQQ. O_o. I was quite disturbed. This is just sad beyond belief. Talk about body image issues. Her young adult son was pleading for her to not go ahead with the next procedure, which at least one plastic surgeon turned down as he felt it was too high risk. She's found someone who will do it. Truly bizarre.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Just stopping in to catch up and say hi.

Cramps and loose bowels in one day? I don't think I'd have even made it in to work let alone crossfit afterwards. LOL
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Clarkie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yay for the Crossfit! How long have you been doing it?
    I want to give it a whirl in the spring. We have a place in town that offers a beginner's 2 or 3 week session. Not sure if they all do that but I thought it was a cool way to try it out without committing to some year long membership thingie.
    That poor plastic surgery addict does sound pretty sad. Did you see the woman who eats mattresses? WTF? She must have a cast iron digestive system