Page 229 of 277 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 2767

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 229

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    This week at work we can forgo the uniforms and wear civilian clothes for a charitable donation. Makes it nice for doing stuff on the way home. I braved the mall after work and did some more Christmas shopping. Very busy there, but managed to find most of what I was looking for. Realized I was a bit late there to make it to crossfit, so cancelled for tonight. Got home after 7 pm. Didn't mind too much, as I was rather tired and achy feeling sore muscles and hips today today. Need to do some joint mobility stuff daily.

I decided my sore shoulder should probably be looked at. Made an appointment with my doc at the base clinic, which of course, isn't until late January. I expected as much. It's not an issue enough to go into the daily sick call, and hopefully will feel better enough by the appt time that I can cancel, but figured it was wise to book in now. They're closed for 2 weeks over the holiday.

The Christmas tree is decorated, mostly thanks to hubby. I discovered that among it's many other stellar uses, coconut oil works very well to remove sticky evergreen sap from hands. Yet another use aside from makeup remover, face cleanser, moisturizer, body and foot lotion, deodorant and even personal lubricant. Yes, amazing stuff, that coconut oil.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    I still haven't got our tree up.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Reasonably busy at work. Picked up another holiday gift on the way home.

Crossfit was good. Worked on overhead squats, have only done those a few times, still feels sort of awkward. My shoulder decided that I keep the weight light. WOD was another asskicker. Kettlebells, wall balls, cleans and rowing. Had a new coach today, I've seen her a few times as a member, today was her first time coaching. She's my age or perhaps a bit more, and has strength and shape I aspire to. I've seen her doing weighted pullups and muscle ups. Her young adult daughter was in tonight's class. Hadn't realized the connection between the two.

Eats:

2 black coffee
    2 egg muffins with ham, mushroom, scallion & cheddar, a banana
    bone broth with gelatin
    meatballs on a baked potato with kimche
    D: sweet potato, half a pork chop, chicken thigh
    a few nuts, 1 chocolate (hubby put out some of the holiday treat things tonight)

Thinking of holiday stuff tonight, I recalled going to very small kids Christmas concerts many years ago. The ones that stand out (as most were very tacky and ho hum, as you can imagine) were when son #1 was perhaps in kindergarten, and son #2 was maybe age 4. #1's group came out singing something, and he was wearing a Christmas tree costume of a cardboard cutout with his face in the hole, which was decorated with real lights. He came centre stage and they actually plugged him in (cord for lights was dangling from the bottom of costume). He was the star of the show. And son #1 was even better. His group of maybe 5 tiny kids came onstage, singing "Here Comes Suzy Snowflake", all dressed in snowflake costumes. They were all very shy and quiet, my kid chose to lead the group and with a bellowing loud, nearly shouting voice, lead them all in the lyrics. Too funny.

Okay, that's my holiday nostalgia for today.

Hard to focus on getting stuff done at work. It's so obviously close to the holidays, very loud and animated people all around me in cubicle land. I resorted to clearing out emails for a long while as that doesn't take much thinking and needed to be done. Most people are taking the whole 2 weeks off (hubby included). I'm working Mon, Tues (will be a half day for Christmas Eve), and Fri. I'm covering duty call through next weekend, so no point taking any leave days while on call. I will have the 25th and 26th off as stat holidays. The following week off is all holiday given days, so am saving the remainder of my leave for hubby & I to grab a last minute discounted warm holiday probably in Feb.

Hubby & ran out after work to a grocery that had a major bonus airmiles coupon this week. And we do use those miles for flights, so it was a great bonus for stuff we'd be getting anyway. Stocked up on some staple items, and some stuff for Christmas feasting.

Eats:

2 black coffee
    2 HB eggs
    bone broth with gelatin
    decent deli turkey & roast beef wrapped around kerrygold cheddar, dill pickles, 2 mandarin oranges
    some not so good chocolate
    slow cooker roast beef, rice, broccoli

Been tired this week. Getting about 7-7.5 hours sleep nightly, perhaps tonight I'll drag my ass off to bed a bit sooner. It would certainly do me some good.

Work today ended with a 2 hr 45 min teleconference. Good grief, I thought it would never end! But good results in the end, so worthwhile in the end.

Did a Costco run after work, got a few more holiday things, and steaks for the weekend.

Weird evening. Son #1 had tickets to a formal event for another faculty at the university, and had a few friends over for the "pregame" - meaning drinks pre-event. They were rather silly, and I ended up in some oddly deep conversation with one of his gal friends. She was already a bit loaded, but seemed to need to chat with a mom type person. She's a nice kid, but I must admit it was a bit odd. The boys will be all looking out for her tonight, so I'm sure all is okay. They left here onto the bar at the restaurant where #1 works for food. He returned not long ago to pick up the event tickets, which he forgot. Good thing they're all using taxi.

As a result of the late kid, or shall I say "young adult" antics, I didn't get started on prep for tomorrow's work potluck until after 9. Made caesar salad, which of course meant cooking bacon, grating fresh parmesan, washing romaine, and making the dressing. It's very good. Packed and ready to take in tomorrow. Also wrapped stuff for the gift exchange. I'm bringing a non aerosol oil mister and some mini sized kitchen tools - a rubber spatula, baster and spreader. I'd like that as a gift.

Work tomorrow is festivities after about 11 am or so. Section potlucks or ordering in for some (hubby's gang is ordering Indian food), then games, and draws for a ton of donated prizes with proceeds to local charities. I have tickets, but never win anything. Maybe this will be my year. Yeah, right. Not likely . Have my eye on a keurig, a wine fridge or a new xbox.

Was rather tired yesterday, due to the late bedtime Thurs night. Totally nonproductive for the couple of hours at work before the holiday festivities started. At our potluck, I mostly ate my caesar salad. Otherwise 2 chicken wings, some potato cheesy casserole thing to be polite, coleslaw and half a glass of red wine. The rest was inedible from my perspective. No prizes won, but came home with a very promising looking South African red wine from our unit gift exchange. May open on the 25th.

Crossfit after work yesterday, worked on finding my 1 rep max on the main lifts. Overhead press improved, I failed at 35 kg, but managed 32.5, so that's still an improvement. Tried to squat 75 kg, and had to bail. Ponytail got caught on the bar as I was trying to drop it behind me, so I pretty much had to let it roll down my back and ended up on my ass being sort of pulled by my hair. Rather embarrassing, but no hair lost, and only pride slightly wounded. The big accomplishment was successfully deadlifting 105 kg (231 lb). Holy crap, that was heavy, I think I saw stars. But felt pretty damn awesome, regardless.

Steak dinner last night, and watched the first Hobbit movie, as hubby wanted to see the new one today. It was pretty okay, though I agree with some others that the final scene with Smaug dragged on longer than necessary.

Some more grocery stocking up today, and picked up the last of my gift shopping stuff. Just need to wrap. A gift for me from both boys has appeared under the tree. Of course, as is appropriate, I had to pick it up and have a feel/shake. It's in a fabric gift bag, and something soft. I'm intrigued. It's so obviously not one of the suggested things I stated when asked. I have no idea, and am very much looking forward to see what 2 sons who are both working and pooled their contributions have managed to come up with .

Just a few nibbles of odds and ends today, nuts, cheese & a pepperoni stick. Thawing some salmon fillets to have with a caesar salad shortly.

Hubby wants to dial in the foods after the holidays. This is a good thing. When he's onboard more seriously, it helps me. Especially with the minimizing alcohol. He even wants to drop eggs as he seems to be having some belly discomfort after eating them of late. Interesting. He plans on rereading the Paleo Solution and It Starts With Food over the holidays.

My right shoulder is really sore today. I was woken up with a nagging dull ache deep in the joint, which is persisting even with antiinflammatories. It's been bothering me on and off for a while now. I want to hit crossfit after work tomorrow, but may have to reconsider, depending on how things are feeling. Extremely annoying.

Very cold outside again, or still, I suppose I should say. Don't feel like going out anywhere when it's like this. Don't really need to be out today anyway, so having a take it easy home day. I make pumpkin muffins, mayo and larabars. Can't believe how simple they are to make in the food processor. Really, just a few minutes. They will be for holiday treats. I used dates, figs, coconut, almonds, walnuts and cocoa powder. Yummy. Laundry is on the go. I should be wrapping hubby's stocking presents, but he has all the paper and such in his workshop while he wraps the boys stuff at the moment. Guess I'll have to wait until he's done.

Kombucha is ready for bottling once again, but I'm not in the mood to deal with it today.

Wrapping done for hubby and son #2's girlfriend. Hubby got the boys stuff done already. All is good.

Shoulder is feeling slightly better this evening. Not particularly good, but less sore.

Shoulder is not so bad today, but still bothersome with particular movements. I had signed up for crossfit class, but decided that it's probably in my best interest to pass today and not aggravate whatever is going on. Work is only a half day tomorrow, I'll bring some gym clothes and aim for a light cardio type workout.

Today was obviously very quiet at work, most people are on vacation. I managed to get a good dent done in some larger projects I have on the go. And still damn cold. It was -34C when I left in the dark this morning. Ugh. Windchills below -40.

Ate pumpkin muffins, bone broth, leftover steak & potato, 3 tiny homemade larabar squares. Kombucha. Think a chicken broccoli stirfry for dinner.

I seem to be on the edge of a cold. A bit congested, sneezy, runny nose, gummy throat with a bit of a tickle. I loaded on Vit D this morning, will add some C this evening, and aim for a good long sleep. Hopefully that helps. And perhaps a toddy of sorts .

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Merry Christmas, Greensprout! You've had a great year and 2014 will be even better!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold