Page 225 of 263 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 2626

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 225

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    After we both get home from our respective work trips (yes, hubby's away next week too), on Fri night we're going to the "Commander's Gala", a formal event hosted by the General, with expectations that we attend. Took in my mess dress uniform (basically, like a tux with a long skirt) to the dry cleaner. Haven't worn it in 2 years, and it's the one I had made in 1990 (seriously!) and have never had the size altered. At times it's been too small, at times quite loose. Unfortunately, today the skirt is a decent bit more snug that I was expecting. Granted, I have put on a bit over the last several months...in fact, my thighs even seem to be slightly larger since starting crossfit. Ack!. Definitely building muscle, but am quite certain that's not the entire story there. Ah well, this week I shall have to cut back and hopefully the skirt will be a tad less snug on Friday.

At least this trip, there are no rooms on base available, so we're staying in hotel, and on full meal allowance rather than having to eat at the mess. Better likelihood of getting better options. Think I'll aim for lower carb since I won't be crossfitting. Potato hack would be a little tricky to pull off, since I'm traveling with another guy from the office. Probably wouldn't hurt to throw in a bit of cardio at the little hotel gym, too.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    The dress I got online for my son's wedding was snug. I went out and bought a spanx slip. Then I worked hard in the weeks before the date and only needed a pair of bike shorts-like spanks. So, you might consider something similar.

Hmmm. Not wanting to go that route, but I suppose it is an option. Will see how things are fitting when I get home and try it on after retrieving from the cleaners on Friday morning.

Feeling weary tonight, and not surprisingly somewhat sore from yesterday's workout. Got my groceries and errands mostly done, stocking up on stuff the boys wanted for the week. I'll precook a bunch of burgers tomorrow for them to have through the week.

Think I'm aiming for an early bed (early for weekend, anyway), hubby will be up early as he leaves at 830, so will likely wake me when he's getting ready. Planning for tomorrow for cleaning, packing, laundry.

Started listening to Loren Cordain's talk on the Gluten Summit, but not all the way through. Not really in the mood for podcasts today, too bad, as today's speakers all looked good. Don't think I'll get there tonight, either.

Ended up not eating much at all until supper, not planned, just happened that way.

couple bites of steak
    bottle of kombucha
    pork chop, delicata squash, roasted brussel sprouts and a few carrots and cauliflower.
    a rum & zevia.
    pepperoni stick

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Yes, all the speakers are terrific today, which is kind of unfortunate as I would like to listen to all of them twice and I will be lucky to get in one listen. If I had any doubts about giving up grains (which I didn't) I would be totally sold now. Grains are the product of Satan.

I hate to sound like a shill of the fashion industry, but Spanx aren't too bad. They make everything hang nicely even if you aren't looking for a bit less snugness. And they are comfortable.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Winter has struck. Had to shovel the driveway this morning before I could get out to Costco.

Laundry, housecleaning, and packing are on the list for today. The boys asked if I can precook a bunch of bacon as well to add onto their burgers, heehee. Might just pack some with me in a baggie for travel snacks .

Legs were stiffer this morning than yesterday, the calves in particular. Methinks an epsom salt bath tonight would be a great idea, once all the day's work is done.

Cleaning done, bathrooms, floors, laundry, kitchen. Burgers grilled (yes, in the snow, temps just below freezing so no big deal, and no dishes to wash), bacon baked, fridge cleaned out of bits that won't last the week and that I know the boys won't eat. Packed, aside from the last morning bits. Taxi around 1030, so time for all those last bits in the morning. Garbage out, and an second shovel of the driveway where it blew in through the day in order to get the bins out. And the boys can park in the driveway when home from work tonigh instead of the street until we get home. Can't believe we are now a 4 car family. Good grief. Bath completed, along with a lovely cab merlot. And I managed to get in all 4 of the gluten summit presentations today. Tons of good information.

Remembered that Walking Dead was on tonight, but can't watch it without hubby. Grrr. Now on the PVR. Must remind son #1 to not delete after he watches. He's working late tonight.

Eats:

2 black coffee
    bone broth with an egg yolk and gelatin
    kombucha. First of the Halloween bottled batch, mmmmm. Very fizzy. And lemony. And gingery.
    late dinner of the other half of my huge steak from Friday, mushrooms, last few brussel sprouts.
    cab merlot.

I have bacon stashed in a baggie to take with me tomorrow. Heheheheh. As long as I remember to grab it...

Got home late Thursday night, after a successful working group. Kept the foods decent, mornings were black coffee with a couple of strips of packed bacon, small lunch, reasonable primal friendly dinners. Had sashimi (with a bit of rice) with Tom Yum soup twice, a lovely roasted chicken meal with local veggies, butter chicken over rice made by a friend. Bit of wine, but not too much. Down a pound for the week.

Took yesterday off to regroup. Last night was the big formal gala, the skirt was still on the snug side, but a good bit less so than when I tried it on last week. The menu was lovely, the company great, music fantastic, and much wine was consumed. Stayed overnight in a hotel downtown, a block from the venue, very comfortable bed. Today, my toes are sore from dancing in rather high heels (closed toe pumps). There was a headache in the morning, but long gone now.

Tonight we're going to a holiday thing at one of hubby's colleagues, half an hour outside the city. Will make dinner to have before we go, as this is just snacks and drinks. Hubby's driving.

It got COLD at home this week. -20C when I got home. Boo. But my plug in seat warmer is now back in the car (no heated seats ), and was feeling grand as I was out doing errands today. Will be not so bad the week ahead, only in the minus single digits. I can live with that.

Last night's "festivus" activities were fun. Nearly got lost as their new subdivision wasn't registering on the car GPS, but google maps saved the day. Or night. Lovely new house, lots of good conversation, and the host was quick to point out which of the snacks were gluten free, as she knows from hubby how we eat. Nice. Some great homemade wine as well. Stayed out of the cosmopolitans, which in her house is made by the pitcher and referred to as "pink juice" by she and her 2 young adult daughters.

Out urban foraging today. Came home with local eggs, steaks, a great 4 lb pork shoulder (I see carnitas in my near future), organic gelatin, sea snacks, kelp powder (might work in bone broth?), a bar of free trade organic 85% dark chocolate, and a few other odds and ends.

The pressure cooker is full of grass fed beef bones with a few slices of beef feet, and has just turned off. Hooray for fresh bone broth. Kombucha is bottled. This batch brewed for 2 weeks, and is rather tart. Added meyer lemon juice plus zest, fresh ginger, and 2 T of maple syrup for the 6 bottles. New brew is on. Scoby continues to impress me with it's robust growth. Hubby still finds it a little creepy and shudders when I show it off to him. I now have plenty of booch that needs consumption: 5 bottles of the halloween bottled brew, and 6 of the Remembrance day ones, plus the 6 from today. I can "afford" a bottle daily for the next while. I think perhaps the next batch should be flavoured with mandarin orange. Orange ginger perhaps? That might be fantastic.

I don't think I've eaten yet today. No particular reason, just didn't get there, and hunger is not a pressing issue. A rum & zevia managed to pour itself while I was puttering in the kitchen. Steaks for dinner, that's usually a Fri or Sat thing here, but it wasn't doable this weekend, so Sunday it is. Not grass fed, but lovely good quality ones from the butcher.

Yesterday's dinner was very tasty. Cubed chicken breast sauteed in avocado oil, mixed with mushrooms, broccoli, onion, chicken broth and sour cream served over rice. Saucy and lovely.

Planning on getting back to crossfit tomorrow after a week away. No doubt an ass kicking is coming my way. That's a good thing.

A 12 ounce striploin, mushrooms, baked potato with butter, sour cream & scallions, sauteed peppers. And wine. I'm stuffed. And the belly is rumbling like mad. But not in a bad way. Just noisy.

Watched last week's and tonight's episodes of The Walking Dead. Oh my.