Page 224 of 274 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 2737

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 224

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yesterday I made lovely ribs for dinner. Dry rub, slow roasted for hours, then coated with a decent enough ingredient gluten/soy free non GMO BBQ sauce. A big hit for all. Side of an arugula salad with fresh raspberry walnut oil vinaigrette, perhaps the flavours didn't match, but I liked it. Later a roasted fresh fig topped with stilton, a walnut half, and honey. Okay, but nothing spectacular.

Remembrance Day services this morning. There were a few music tribute videos playing before the actual service, which got me a bit teary. Still brings me back to the ramp ceremonies in Kandahar. I can feel the heat, the wind, and the overwhelming sadness of saluting and watching those coffins be carried by in front of the lined up troops. As a colleage who was there with me for his second time said "every time you come here, you leave a piece of yourself behind...". Nuff said there.

Crossfit late afternoon. Another killer workout. After a bunch of other stuff, 18 minutes of basically HIIT of snatches, thrusters, burpees and pullups. Whew. Hadn't eaten much beforehand, just smoked salmon with cream cheese on cucumber, and a small banana plus cup of bone broth.

Dinner was an improvised pressure cooker stew. Elk stew meat, onion, garlic, carrot, celery, parsnip, potato, mushrooms, tin of diced tomato, cumin, coriander, salt & pepper. Bit of tapioca starch to thicken at the end. Very tasty. Hubby found the elk a bit gamey, but the boys quite liked it. I didn't find too much difference from grass fed beef, a bit, but not much.

A bit of an ache in the shoulder today after yesterday's snatches, but not as much as it had been. Decided to leave crossfit until tomorrow. Not quite 7 hours of sleep, not surprising at the end of a long weekend, so sluggish in the morning. It got better.

I took some good sea salt dark chocolate to have at my desk for when those thoughts turn to something sweet. I had 3 squares today, which was more than plenty to satisfy the urge.

I was sort of hungry when I got home from work. By the time I got dinner cooking, and had nibbles while cooking, I filled up. Not really interested in a plate of dinner by the time it was ready. Made bacon, sunchokes fried in duck fat (forgot I had picked them up at the farmers' market, had to be used before they went bad), sauteed chanterelle mushrooms, had intended on eggs and avocado. Nibbled on bacon ends and sunchokes, a few mushrooms, and I was pretty much done.

I need an early night. Have a bit of a headache too. Tired.

No signs of TOM, it's been 4 weeks since the surgery. Not quite sure when to expect it at this point. Normally, I'm either right on 28 days or earlier, not later. They did say it could be 4-6 weeks to have a regular period postop.

Eats:

2 black coffee
    greek yogurt with berries, walnuts & coconut
    bone broth
    3 squares of 70% sea salt dark chocolate
    small serving of elk stew, 2 mandarins
    bits of sunchoke fried in duck fat, bacon ends, couple of chanterelles

In bed before 10 last night, which is very damn good for me. A good 8 hours of sleep. I could have used more. Energy level reasonable through the day. Crossfit after work, a deload week for the lifts. Squats, then the WOD was tough, but not crazy intense.

I have dry flaky skin at the corners of my mouth and around the nose the last couple of days, plus feeling somewhat red and inflamed around the midface. No idea what's up with that. Slathering on the coconut oil, with some jojoba in between with slight relief. Hopefully it sorts itself out soon.

Eats:

2 black coffee
    3 HB eggs, half an avocado, bacon ends, squeeze of lime. Felt totally stuffed for the next 5 hours
    bone broth with gelatin
    cucumber with cream cheese & smoked salmon, 2 mandarin oranges
    2 squares of salted dark chocolate
    half bottle of kombucha
    chicken breast, sweet potato, broccoli, chanterelles.
    glass of wine

Belly was feeling off much of the day, lower gut issues, feeling like stuff needed to move out, but nothing moving. A bit gassy, perhaps due to yesterday's sunchokes. Debated the crossfit due to this, but went , did fine, and better afterwards.

I think another reasonably early night is in order today. That would be very soon...

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    When I was reading that you had sunchokes, I was thinking, "I'd blow up like a balloon!" and then in your next post you mention gas! I never did learn how to digest those chokes. Ah well, it always passes.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Yes, the sunchoke gas has passed. Literally.

Thought I'd get to the gym at work today, since I knew I wouldn't be able to make it to crossfit, but didn't happen. Stuff going on. And I had to leave early to take son #1 to his eye exam, he was having pupils dilated, so needed a driver.

Hair salon visit. Last was sometime in July. Greys and roots covered, highlights, and the general colour is a lovely red tone. I went more blondish over summer after a long while of very dark, but it was time for a change. I like it.

Haven't had dinner yet, and it's 930. Felt like I ate a lot at work today, no doubt I'll have something in a bit and won't starve. I'm a bit peckish, but not ravenous or anything of the sort. Yet a rum and zevia has appeared nearby.

Eats:

2 black coffee
    procuitto wrapped kerrygold cheddar, 2 mandarin oranges
    bone broth
    tin of wild salmon with half an avocado and squeeze of lime, apple dipped in almond/coconut butter
    2 squares of dark chocolate

Hubby fried up the grass fed ground beef and pastured pork I left out, might have some of that with half a sweet potato.

Reading about your food has made me hungry! Might be a pork roast in my future. I used to make pork tenderloin all the time, I don't know why I haven't lately.

Your salon visit reminds me that I am way overdue for a trim. I haven't had it done since May!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Busy work day, stuff going on, plus prepping for my working group away next week.

Crossift definitely kicked my ass tonight. A workout known as the "filthy 50". For time, 50 reps each of the following: box jumps, jumping pullups, kettlebell swings 35 lb, walking lunges, knees to elbows, push press 20 kg, spidermans (back extensions), wall balls 14 lbs, burpees and double unders. Oh. my. god. Talk about HIIT. But I did it. 30 min 35 seconds. Last in the group to finish, but had encouragement from the rest for the last round. It's a dive into son #1's glutamine stash sort of night.

At least the night finished with steak, baked potato, peppers & mushrooms, with a bottle of cab sauv. Lovely indeed.

Legs feeling like logs tonight.

That is some workout! Good on you! I can't quite imagine it - even in my really fit days that would have been a killer.

Ah, killer it was. I impressed myself. While the group was on this workout, there was another guy there doing his own workout, as can be done on Fridays. He was alternating handstand pushups with ring muscle ups. And was shirtless at one point. Yowza. Of course, he was probably late 20, but nice eye candy.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    There was a guy like that at the pool the other day - older, probably 40s, very nice looking, great body. I am not ashamed to say I stared unabashedly. It is easy to do that when you are wearing swim goggles and are 'resting.' I get very little opportunity to enjoy this type of sight, so I just enjoy it when I do!