Page 223 of 272 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 2711

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 223

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If I couldn't have some lazy mornings catching up on sleep I'd never make it!

I have three silicone spatulas of different sizes that are among my most favorite cooking utensils right now. They are perfect. I've tossed all my other spatulas.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    A decent sleep last night, less sluggish getting up than expected on a Monday. A great crossfit class tonight, I'm feeling it already. 2 more classes to get in this week to make my monthly quota. It will happen. The coach tonight was wearing her 2 month old daughter in a sling. Now that's hardcore . I looked at the workout online before going, and though holy crap, I can't possible do that. But I did, and it feels good. Only 20 kg on my barbell for the thrusters, hang cleans and deadlifts, but this was all after doing heavy deadlifts already.

Succumbed to 3 halloween sized candy bars this morning. Wanted more in the afternoon, but didn't give in to it.

Son #1 has a big day tomorrow. Over the past few months, he's decided he wants to apply to be a military fighter pilot. The preliminary screenings are done, and tomorrow is his initial medical exam, aptitude testing, and interview. Go kid! He's very prepared, and has his good suit all ready for morning.

Eats included a burger pattie with avocado, lamb pate with cream cheese on cucumber & celery, mandarin oranges, late dinner of leftover steak, mushrooms & potato with asparagus. Glass of wine.

Not sore today. Felt the workout, but it was quite fine overall.

After eating all my food brought to work by 1pm, I was still hungry. Tucked into some coconut flakes and cashew butter that were stashed at my desk. That and a cup of tea helped subdue the thoughts of chocolate.

Another good crossfit session tonight. Did presses, refined the technique. And worked on snatches (that sounds rude!) during the WOD. Pistol squats (assisted), snatch and wall balls. Had some really good coaching on the snatch, and it got much better by the end. Feels good to make progress. Pretty much done in now.

Eats:

2 black coffee
    mate tea
    bowl of lamb potato soup, 2 mandarin oranges
    lamb liver pate on celery and cucumber
    bit of flaked coconut & a packet of cashew butter
    medium banana
    3 poached eggs on a bed of sauteed cabbage, 5 small sausage links
    a hard cider

I was on track for 8 hours of sleep, but woke a bit early and a dull ache in my shoulder kept me just in semi-doze land for the last hour and a half or so before it was time to get up. Reasonable energy levels through the day, and no further issues with the shoulder. My knee was a bit tender after last night's workout, a tad stiff today, but not so bad, and better through the day.

Gym at lunchtime, a bit if rowing, band assisted pullups, and 2.5 miles walking on the treadmill, followed by a good bit of stretching. Good to get out of the cubicle and off my ass.

I've been cutting back on the dong quai. I had stopped it for a week post surgery, but was having wicked hot flashes. Restarted as per usual dosage, which resolved things. I ended up missing some doses, and felt fine, so have been reducing the amount, and am having minimal flashes, none at all many days. Keeping on with the black cohosh, which I'm thinking is really what's working the most. Will keep at the low dose until the current bottle runs out, then try black cohosh only and see what happens.

Eats:

one black coffee
    mate tea
    2 HB eggs, bowl of lamb potato soup
    lamb liver pate with cream cheese on cucumber & celery (this stuff is so good!), 2 mandarin oranges
    kombucha
    salmon fillet & pickerel fried in ghee, bit of rice, carrots with dill

Wavered on going to crossfit today, but I made it. Another great workout. I think I'm going to get callouses on my palms, eek! I'm a soft hands and lots of lotion type of gal. But this may be necessary for lots of lifting. Ah well. The hazards of working on fitness. It was funny tonight, after the warmup, the coach added an extra: the fireman carry. Most of the girls were all "oh, I don't think I can do that". I've had to do that in the military with gear on, including helmet and carrying a rifle, plus the rifle of the person you're carrying on your back. Easy peasy, when it's not after a 13K march with a fully loaded pack, as was one of our previous fitness tests. Ha. One time, I ended up ridiculously bruised all up my arms from having to hold both rifles during the carry, and had a formal dinner for hubby's work a couple of days later. I had tons of fun making all sorts of stories up about the nature of the bruises to hubby's senior officer colleagues and their wives . This was shortly before I deployed.

Eats:

one black coffee
    mate tea
    2 HB eggs, 2 mandarin oranges, bone broth
    sliced roast beef wrapped around kerrygold cheddar, pickles, raspberries
    non approved chocolate bar
    half bottle of kombucha
    ground local beef & pork sauteed with half a baked potato and handful of spinach

My shoulder is aching today. Hopefully that goes away, like it did last time. Annoying.

A not so nice rain snow mix for the drive home. Stopped at the butcher (don't have that many grass fed steaks in the freezer to make for 5 without totally depleting my supply of random cuts, at least for CW, these are rather good quality), few bits at the grocery, and Costco on the way home. Figured correctly that it would be less busy in there now than it would be over the weekend.

Hooray for a long weekend. Well, mostly. Monday we as usual are required to attend Remembrance Day services, but it's not early and the rest of the day is free. I'll take it. Most stores are open after 1 pm if I feel like shopping, lots to do around home, and crossfit is open. And then only a 4 day work week. The following week I'm away, nothing exciting this time, but a working group at the base a couple of hours north of Toronto. Traveling with one of the others from the office, so he can do the driving. And no quarters available on base, so hotel this time. Will be nicer. Hopefully we get meal allowance rather than having to eat at the mess as well.

Kept eats on the scanty side today, in anticipation of tonight's steak dinner. Had that damn chocolate craving mid afternoon, but got past it. Had 2 breakfast sausages and a bowl of lamb soup for the day, but did pick up and snack on a larabar in between stops on the way home. Now I feel over sugared, as if it was a candy bar. A better selection, but still weird. Looking forward to my bacon wrapped tenderloin in a while, even though I have to grill it in the rain/snow. At least it's light, and not sticking. Yet there is supposed to be 5 cm on the ground by tomorrow night. Last year on Nov 10 we got hit with 25 cm, which made it tricky getting to the Remembrance Day service. Roads don't get plowed early on holiday mornings.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    How did Son #1 do on his interview? That is a serious commitment! Supercool.

I'm so jealous of your crossfit adventures, sounds like so much fun!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Son #1 rocked the interview, says he was over prepared. Aptitude test put him above average. Now he has to get bloodwork done and an eye cycloplegic exam (booked for next week), and then as long as all is ok, he'll be scheduled to go to Ontario for Aircrew Selection testing. That will be the big thing, as the testing screens out a lot of candidates. Stuff to do with spatial orientation, problem solving, performing under stress, plus a range of higher level physical exams. He should be good to go here, but we'll see. He bought a flight simulator game to practice the aspects that one can potentially prepare for. I'm excited for him. If all goes well, he could be off to school in Toronto next fall in an aviation technology degree program.

Up later than planned last night, ended up having a difference of opinion with hubby about son #1. He wants to drop a class that he's not doing so well in, to not lower his GPA, and may take it again in summer. I see that as cutting his losses as he adjusts to this phase of life. Hubby sees it as making excuses, and taking the easy way out. He's very black and white. He left the discussion and went off to bed when I pointed out that he was saying the same thing ten times over. Since then, although he hasn't admitted it, he has conceded a bit. Compromised with son #1 that if he drops and retakes the course, it's at his expense, not ours. He's willing to accept that. Hopefully he'll learn from that. I think he's starting to feel a bit pressured by the school/work/social life balance. As we all did at that age.

Woke earlier than I wanted with an aching shoulder. Annoying. Dull ache all day. Decided to hit it with ibuprofen.

Errands and restocking foodstuffs done.

Eats rather minimal. Black coffee, last bit of steak from last night, half bottle of kombucha, a mandarin orange. Have hot wings ready to have momentarily. A no veg day, which today, suits me just fine.

Latest batch of kombucha. Ginger & Meyer lemon with lemon zest and a touch of sugar. Thanks for that, Siobhan!

New brew started, lovely looking scoby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk