Page 222 of 250 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 2493

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 222

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Mwahahahahaha. Success with the meatballs. Hubby and kids only noticed the deliciousness. I'm keeping quiet on the organ meats. Heehee. I thought they were pretty tasty, though I could detect a subtle liver tone, which was fine with me. Made a mushroom onion sauce to go on top, which was also good.

Made the muffins. And the macaroons. They're pretty good, but could cut back on the 1/4 cup oh honey. The others like them too. Thoroughly cleaned one bathroom. Men. Can't they just pee in the damn toilet rather than splattering everything else in the room?? Thought I'd get to my own bathroom, but done for today. Mayo also awaits, might get there or maybe not.

Eats:

one coffee, one mate tea
    4 slices of bacon
    half a bottle of cranberry kombucha
    pumpkin muffin with butter
    meatballs with mushroom onion sauce on cauli rice, broccoli, half a cup of rice
    one macaroon
    a rum & zevia

Aiming for back to crossfit tomorrow. Hopefully 3 classes this week again and then I'll be on track for the missed days for the month. Once I go to twice weekly, I can do lifting at the work gym on other days to complement.

Tasted the brewing kombucha batch. Still a touch sweet after 7 days, a couple more days and it should be done. Scoby continues to grow in the new larger jar. He needs a name. Still pondering that.

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Not only do they splatter, they don't even SEE it. How can they not? I ask you.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Imagine 4 boys and DH! My bathroom off my bedroom was off limits to the boys and DH had to sit.
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Close to 8 hours of sleep, sluggish to rise once again in the morning. Reasonable workday.

Crossfit after work, another great workout. Worked on squats, then another killer WOD. Row 1000m, then 3 rounds of 12 kettlebell swings and 12 goblet squats with the KB. I used a 35 lb KB. Under 9 minutes. Spent afterwards. Today's coach was new to me, she had a baby in Aug, and looks amazing. And a great coach as well.

All the meatballs are gone, all 79 of them (yes, I counted while making). Rave reviews by all. I've kept the organ meat addition a secret. Maybe when I've made them a few more times I'll consider telling hubby, or maybe not . I had to bargain with son #1 to save 3 for me.

Eats:

one black coffee
    mate tea
    2 HB eggs with mayo (yes, I did get around to making it last night)
    one pumpkin muffin
    bone broth
    L: leftover steak and a med baked potato with mushrooms, one macaroon
    white tea
    half bottle of kombucha
    D: 3 meatballs, bit of pulled pork, kimchi, mushrooms and asparagus, but of purple sweet potato
    glass of wine

Remember that knee issue I was having through the spring and summer? I had a referral to the ortho surgeon who did my arthroscopy nearly 5 years ago sent in Aug. Found out it's booked for this week. Had xrays taken today to bring on CD to the appt. MRI isn't until late Dec. It hasn't been flaring up much at all lately, I really think the strength training is helping. Funny, after the surgery last time, I asked the surgeon in follow up when I could get back to doing squats and such, as I had been lifting beforehand. He said that he didn't think squats, especially deep squats, to be a good idea for anyone. Really?? Will be interesting to see what he says this time.

Crossfit after work, working on OHP today. Then a WOD with jump rope and jerks. And pullup s (with band) beforehand. A good day. I really didn't feel much like going, but as usual, felt much better after the workout.

Eats:

one black coffee
    mate tea
    2 HB eggs with half a small avocado
    bone broth
    tin of wild salmon on shredded cabbage with a bit of lime & mayo, one pumpkin muffin, one macaroon
    mate tea
    D: slow cooker roast beef with a bit of purple sweet potato covered in the meat juices
    glass of wine

Hubby's reminding me that it's now 2 weeks post gyne surgery, which was the off limits for sex. Hmm, wonder what's on his mind .

7 1/2 hours of sleep. Needing more. Especially after a hard workout. Ah, I'll get there one of these days.

Hit the gym at work at lunch for the first time in maybe a month or so. Light workout. 500 m row, 3 sets of 5 pullups with bands, 3 sets of 15 kb swings of 30 lbs, 1.5 mile walk on the treadmill. Should have stretched and foam rolled after, like I do after crossfit, kinda stiff this evening.

I should have bottled my kombucha tonight, but after a Walmart trip and making dinner, I wasn't in the mood for productivity. It tastes pretty good, and is ready to bottle. Lovely, healthy looking scoby keeps growing. Son #1 was impressed by the growth when I showed it off while sampling. Of course, he thinks it's a little creepy, heehee.

Made a quick curry for dinner. Stirfried a bag of frozen "oriental" vegetables, added a pound of mini scallops and pound of shrimp (from frozen), can of coconut milk, red curry paste, turmeric, fish sauce. Would have added sriricha, but son #2's girlfriend can't tolerate spicy, and she was here for dinner. Had ours on cauli rice, the kids on regular rice. Very tasty.

Eats:

2 black coffees
    2 HB eggs, 2 pumpkin muffins
    L: bone broth, cold roast beef & kerrygold cheddar, a fuji apple
    bottle of kombucha
    D: aforementioned seafood curry on cauliflower rice.
    a rum & zevia

Feeling the body tighten up with the last couple of weeks of workouts. Scale is doing its usual, wavering a few lbs but staying basically around the same place, yet I feel like there's some changes going on with composition. Will do some proper measurements on the weekend, 2 weeks from the last set. I have no doubt there's some muscle building going on, which is a very good thing. I like being strong.

The ortho surgeon didn't have too much to say. The xrays looked fine, and the knee is stable, though he did feel a decent bit of patellar clicking on ROM, as did I of course. He'll see me back after the MRI is done and then we'll see. Can't tell if it is meniscus until the scan is done, so still could be meniscus, or just PFS along with IT band tightness. Said to stick to not high impact activities (his examples were swim and bike), didn't specifically mention lifting, nor did I specifically mention crossfit, so I'll keep on doing what I'm doing as tolerated. Scan is late Dec, appt back to see surgeon is not until late Jan.

I was planning on crossfit today, but I'm all crampy and the belly is a tad off. Feels like TOM is about to start, which is kind of odd 2 weeks after the surgery. The postop instructions say there should be a regular cycle 4-6 weeks post. Did have a bit of spotting this morning, but not really since. Need a naproxyn. Took one this morning too. So instead, I'm relegated to handing out candy to strangers at my door. Ugh. I never really got into that. Was more fun taking my own kids out when they were small than being on handout duty. And hubby has retreated to his workshop, one kid is at work and the other is studying, so I'm it. Between making dinner and bottling my kombucha, that is. It's very ready and rather tart.

We had about 50 kids at the door tonight. Probably less than last year.

Got my kombucha bottled, another batch of lemon ginger, and the nest on the go. I think young scoby is starting to grow a baby. How cool is that? I'm impressed.

Cramps and belly settled with a kombucha and a naproxyn. Wasn't particularly hungry, though I grilled some lovely grass bed beef/pastured lamb burgers. Maybe because I ate some stupid crappy mini chocolate treats today?

Eats:

one black coffee
    mate tea
    greek yogurt with mixed berries, walnuts and coconut flakes
    L: 2 pepperoni sticks, kerrygold cheddar, dill pickles, bone broth, a banana
    some crappy chocolate
    a hard cider
    late D: lamb/beef burger with kimchi, pepperoni stick

Holy fluid retention, or some such nonsense. Up nearly 3 lbs from yesterday. O_o. No more cramping or spotting, who the hell knows what's up with all that. Did have a rumbly belly for a while this morning, however, resulting in a rather hurried trip for a rather unpleasant evacuation. Yes, TMI. Whatever. Seems to have sorted itself out. Had some leftover almond joy mini bars. Was looking at crossfit for today, but 530 is the last class on Fridays. Had to stop for a couple of things on the way home, so I suppose I could have made it if I immediately changed and headed off as soon as I got home, but apparently I wasn't quite that motivated. I may catch a class on the weekend, though there are only morning ones on Sat and Sun. I like my lazy weekend mornings with catching up on sleep. Incorrect outlook perhaps, but that's where I'm at currently.

Having the usual Friday steak night. Weather is mild (which means above freezing!), so pleasant for grilling outside. Of course, I grill when it's -30 as well, but that's not as nice.

Ah, end of the weekend already. Some accomplishments. Found a really nice pair of jeans at the thrift store for $7. And a ceramic heavy weight fry pan normally $179 for $59. And a silicone spatula. Yesterday made bacon wrapped chicken breasts with parsnip fries. Today lamb liver pate, lamb potato soup (lamb bones, bit of lamb meat, onion, celery, carrot, cauliflower, potato, cabbage, peas, rosemary & thyme), and a slow roasted eye of beef round.

No crossfit over the weekend, too early for me. Back at it tomorrow. I appreciated the extra hour of sleep time from the end of daylight savings time. Don't think it will be a late night today, am tired already.