Page 221 of 264 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 2638

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 221

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Bed last night was about 1030, so I'm good with that. Over 7 hours of sleep, and no issues getting up early for the briefing. In the office at 715. Reasonable energy levels through the day. And not particularly sore from yesterday's workout. Felt it a bit, but quite tolerable.

Very good podcasts on the Real Food site today on autoimmune disease and diet, and constipation, which included lots of tips for gut health even if you aren't having issues. I'll probably check out the websites of the speakers in the future.

Otherwise, an uneventful day. Son #2 purchased a car this week, so it seems my car is finally my own again. With several scratches and some small body work needed. I had him take it to the carwash tonight, the sort that does a full interior clean. It had turned into a teenager car on the inside. Much better now.

Eats:

one coffee
    mate tea
    B: 3 soft boiled eggs, 2 pumpkin muffins
    white tea
    L: sardines on a bed of lettuce with lime & hot sauce, dill pickle, kerrygold cheddar and a few rice crackers
    one Belgian chocolate
    D: small portion of pastured beef/pork with mushrooms on roasted squash topped with sauteed garlicky kale/spinach
    glass of wine

Expecting a reasonable bedtime tonight. Probably crossfit tomorrow.

7 1/2 hours of sleep. Could have used more, as usual.

A killer crossfit workout tonight, I'm totally spent now. A crazy WOD, plus deadlifts. Yowza. I'm practically falling asleep getting through the last Real Food presentations from today, but the last of Paul Chek will have to wait until morning.

Eats:

one coffee
    mate tea
    bone broth with gelatin
    L: squash, ground beef/pork & mushrooms, kale/spinach, slice of kerrygold cheddar, dill pickles
    dark mint chocolate
    D: squash, broccoli, slow cooked pastured pulled pork. Yum.
    a cider

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Really like the presentations so far! Chek's presentation has so much to think about it, I've listened to it twice.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I tried my latest kombucha today. Lemon ginger. The brew was a mix of green and black tea. Secondary ferment after bottling for 4 days.

I love it. Fizzy, tart, delicious. Better than many of the commercial ones I've tried. I have to flavour the next batch the same way, it's just that good. Will be a touch different, as that batch is all black tea, but I'm sure it will be amazing as well.

Happy Greensprout

About 8 hours of sleep last night. Still slow to roll out of bed after several alarms. A solid sleep. Energy level reasonable through the day, though a dull background headache until about 5pm.

I wasn't particularly hungry when I got up, so decided to forgo foods until later. Intake minimal until dinnertime. I thought I'd be pretty sore from crossfit last night, but I was good. Muscles felt worked, but not sore. I seem to be adapting well to the workload. This is good.

Tomorrow is the last farmers' market of the season. Plan to stock up on eggs, raw honey and root veggies. Maybe some goat milk soap and bath stuff. And beef/pork/lamb.

Eats:

one black coffee
    mate tea
    lots of bone broth with gelatin
    bit of creamed coconut with coconut oil
    kombucha
    another mate tea
    4 herbed goat cheese stuffed bacon wrapped jalapenos
    D: half a large striploin steak, mushrooms, purple sweet potato, asparagus, peppers
    cider, malbec.

A major stocking up at the farmers' market. It was cold! 2C with a breeze.

5 lbs carrots, 10 lbs onions, 15 lbs of assorted winter squash, dino kale, savoy cabbage, 3 kg of raw local clover honey, 50 lbs of potatoes, lamb shanks/ground/liver/leg roast, grass fed beef sirloin/blade roast/ground. I wanted pork too, but they haven't yet butchered the hogs. I'm on their email list, so will be notified when they're doing a delivery into the city within the next month. Fresh pastured pork coming soon. Wish I had room for half a pig in my freezer!

Excellent dinner of butter sauteed wild salmon, creamed kale and rice. Eats before that today were simply 2 black coffees, and a bottle of cranberry kombucha.
    Couple glasses of wine.

Thinking about a snack of pistachios.

I'm feeling like there may be some flurry of activity in the kitchen tomorrow. Would be a great thing to start the week with lots of good stuff ready on hand.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Am trying your lemon ginger flavor. Sounds great.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Am trying your lemon ginger flavor. Sounds great.
    I divided the juice squeezed from half a large lemon into the bottles, and added a few slices of fresh ginger. Delish. Today I saw fresh lemongrass in the grocery, wonder how that would be? Ah, the limitless possibilities...

On the start of a roll for the day. Pulled out the food processor and shredded a cabbage and riced cauliflower. Just takes seconds once prepped. I should use this handy, dandy appliance more often.

Planning on making pumpkin muffins, and will probably try the no bake chocolate pumpkin pecan macaroons (from today's encore cooking demo on Real Food Con). And a ton of meatballs. Shhh...I'm planning to slip in with the grass fed beef a package of bison ground organs. And not telling any of my guys. Probably will keep quiet even after they eat them, hopefully they will not notice anything aside from meaty deliciousness. Mayo is also on the agenda.

Must listen to the repeat Real Food podcasts too. I'm glad to see the ones on thyroid health and autoimmunity and food. I was hoping Nora Gedgaudas would be back on, I didn't get the chance to listen to it all yesterday. Started while in the grocery store, but it was getting too in depth to pay attention and read labels, plan my foods, and so on, and then never was ready to sit down and really focus on it the rest of the day. Ah well. I've read her "Primal Body, Primal Mind", and should go poke about her webpage. Should be able to listen to the rest while doing the food stuff, and some housecleaning, which doesn't take any brain power.