Page 220 of 279 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2787

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 220

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Definitely had absolutely no energy today. Even with about 9 hours of sleep. Still in my jammies .

Some cramping, along with a bit of unsettled belly. I took a gravol before bed, but not today. Minimal appetite, but fit in tea, turkey bone broth with an added egg yolk, half a bottle of my cranberry kombucha mixed with club soda, one pepperoni stick with a slice of cheese, touch of coconut. Around 4pm got around to the soup, which has just finished. Carrot/celery/onion/cabbage sauteed in ghee, turkey broth, turkey meat, shredded kale and some green peas for colour. Salt, pepper, sweet paprika, turmeric, bit of medium curry powder. Lovely golden hue. I think a touch of sriricha would be nice in the bowl, but didn't want to make the whole pot spicy. I'll probably have a small bowl in a bit.

Still a ton of turkey meat left, plus a good 10L of bone broth. Freezer is well stocked.

I think I'll take one more day off. Will decide tomorrow evening about Friday. Maybe I can aim for a walk in the afternoon. Cool, but lovely sunny fall weather this week.

Still feeling blah. Slept for 10 hours, but don't feel particularly rested. Mild cramping and some low grade belly upset that isn't quite nausea. A bit hungry, but don't feel like eating yet. I've had one coffee and now on a second cup of tea. Lots of bone broth available, and maybe some soft boiled eggs when I feel like something. Some weird dreams last night, I think I woke myself up trying to shout out something (one of those dream states when you're trying to call out but no voice is coming, so you try harder and it eventually makes some noise). I think it woke hubby too, as he sat up and looked around. But maybe I dreamed that too? Regardless, I was hot and sweaty at the time. I did self medicate with 2 glasses of wine last night, not ideal, but it seemed to help at the time.

Will decide later about a walk. For now, the goal is to shower at some point. Feeling very draggy and lazy. And bloated and fat. I think I'm retaining a lot of fluid. There's actually been a slow but steady gain on the scale the past week. Then again, period is due, plus hormonal disruption from the surgery. Nothing like having your insides scraped around to screw things up.

I suppose I should consider what to make everyone else for supper, they will be expecting something. More turkey ideas? Or perhaps I should just freeze the lot left and find something new.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Turkey and veggie frittata. Turkey, potato, chili scrambled with egg.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Frittata it was. Odds and ends from the fridge. Bacon, mushrooms, potato, spinach, turkey, tomato, scallions, a dozen eggs, plus cheese. I still wasn't particularly hungry, but had a bit. For the day it was the one coffee, 2 tea, bone broth with added gelatin, half a bottle of kombucha with club soda. Belly was oddly growly and noisy all day, though not from hunger. Weird. Might have some rice crackers with cheese. I was thinking about bread like comfort foods today. Considered some primal baking, but not that energetic.

I decided to take the last sick leave day after all. Still crampy. I suppose I could make do at work, but would probably be feeling cruddy. And I already have the day. Why do I feel I need to justify that to myself? Hopefully another day to rest will sort things out, then I'll be feeling up for a workout on the weekend, and back to work on Monday.

Still feeling not quite normal, but perhaps a bit better. At least that fluid seems to be going away. More cramping and unsettled belly. Food didn't sound appetizing. Had a pepperoni stick & slice of cheese, bone broth, tsp of raw honey, now some kombucha. Will probably be in for a small steak later on with hubby.

Felt more human after a shower. Did some needed housecleaning (not a lot, but the main areas, anyway). Then, due to boredom, I read through some of those recent off the rails now locked threads. Good grief. People actually take time out of their day to argue in circles and insult each other?? I was surprised at how many were so engaged. No wonder some decide to disappear. Ah well. Others seemed genuinely entertained. I do look at these odd threads here and there, but rarely if ever find it necessary to comment.

Was up way too late last night, hubby and I had a long chat with son #1 about his career options. He's getting a lot more serious about his future since starting university last month. He has several excellent options ahead of him. Ah, to be 18 again, with unlimited possibilities .

Almost human today, though I'm still crampy and waiting for TOM to start, or wondering if it will be a miss after the surgery. Bah. Put on makeup and left the house for the first time all week to get groceries, and a new larger jar for kombucha. My gallon jar doesn't seem to fit the whole recipe, and I'll want to start a new batch as soon as I bottle the current one. Haven't tasted it yet, but it might just be ready.

My body temp has been up all week. Hormones is my best guess. During weekdays, the thermostat is set to keep the house cooler during the day. Normally, if I'm home, I'll need to put it up to evening temps because I'm just too chilly, even with a sweater. This week, even though at times my feet and arms are cool, my core has been even too warm, so no added heating needed. Kind of annoying, as it is at times uncomfortable, and I never know how to be dressed to feel just right.

I've confirmed that though I missed crossfit this past week, I can go extra the next couple of weeks to make up my total number of paid sessions for the month. Will see if I'm ready to give it a go tomorrow (but only classes at 10 and 11 am, I'd prefer later on a weekend), but more likely will start back on Monday. And be prepared for a whole lotta muscle soreness once again due to the extended break. Really need to do those measurements and make some notes for future reference.

Just a pepperoni stick and coffee so far today. Dinner will be wild salmon fillets with roasted sweet potato cubes and steamed broccoli. With butter, of course.

Today I chose to do stuff rather than just sit around, despite still an unsettled belly and cramping. Still not sure if TOM is coming or not. Whatever.

Couple loads of laundry, some cleaning and sorting, make primal pumpkin muffins which I haven't done in a very long time but have been thinking about for a while now. Bottled kombucha, this batch is lemon ginger. Scoby is looking marvelous, now I think it's finally a properly fully grown scoby. The first batch he was pretty much a baby, the second sort of an adolescent, and now all grown up. Maybe another batch or two till it makes a baby scoby. New brew is on, this time with all black tea rather than a mix of black and green like the previous ones. My new big jar is an improvement on the old one. Made taco salad for dinner.

Cold outside. Even some random attempts at snow flurries on and off. I'm so not ready for winter. Even with my inner heater on full blast. I kept the house cool today, dressed in only workout capris and a tshirt just to stay reasonably comfortable, even though my feet and arms were chilly. Last night while relaxing, I even had to pull up my shirt to leave my torso bare just to feel okay. Seriously, this is not pleasant. Really. Maybe I need to get back on the dong quai. It wasn't this bad before I stopped it early last week.

Eats:
    one black coffee, normally I'd have 2, but it seemed enough, which is unusual.
    2 soft boiled eggs, bone broth with gelatin, a pepperoni stick
    small taco salad: ground beef, bit of rice, lettuce, tomato, guacamole, cheddar
    2 glasses of wine
    one pumpkin muffin with butter

Back to work tomorrow. Aiming for crossfit after work. Hopefully by jumping back into it all, I'll feel more back to normal.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    RE: Hot flashes/temp problems - no one ever told me that I would spend half my time roasting and the other half freezing! This fall I have been wearing a zip-up fleece around the house a lot, I can zip/unzip/zip/unzip. But the Vitamin E is helping me, the flashing is not nearly so bad as it was a few months ago.

Hope your first day back at work goes well and you have lots of energy.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I restarted the dong quai today, and didn't have nearly the heat issue of the past week. Coincidence? Perhaps, the office building is usually on the chilly side for me. I'll finish the current bottle (a few more days) and then see where I'm at. Might research the Vit E idea.

Only about 6 hours of sleep, so was not particularly energetic today, but fared okay. Still feeling sub par, but decided to do crossfit anyway. I decided if I felt like vomiting or something, I'd just slow it down or stop. Turned out to be really good, strength wasn't quite optimal, but the WOD was good, and by the end, I felt better than when I went in. Yay. Of course now I'm physically worn out, but that's fine. Earlier bedtime and a good sleep will be great for recovery. I'm hoping to make at least 3 classes this week to make up for the missed days last week.

Enjoying the Underground Wellness Real Food podcasts. Managed to fit in all of today's ones, plus yesterday.

The fluid weight from last week seems to be gone. At one point, I was actually up between 7 to 10 lbs, which is insane! But it's gone. I remain feeling soft and flabby, but this too shall pass. Must remember that back to the workouts means more fluid retained in the spent muscle tissues, so don't pay too much attention on the scale. I did take measurements yesterday, so have a place to get more quantifiable data from.

Eats:

2 black coffee
    2 HB eggs, a banana
    tin of mackeral in olive oil over shredded romaine and a bit of guacamole (first time I finally tried these fishes that have been sitting in my pantry untouched for a while, purchased as it sounded like a good idea. Better than tinned tuna, actually)
    2 primal pumpkin muffins with a smidge of butter, 1/2 cup raspberries
    bone broth with a tsp of coconut oil
    2 roasted chicken thighs with buttered, steamed carrots
    a hard cider

I'm full.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Close to 7 1/2 hours of sleep, though I found myself slow to get up today. Have to be in early for a morning briefing tomorrow, so seriously am aiming to be in bed before 10. Really.

Didn't feel particularly sore after crossfit yesterday, so I went again today. Belly still feeling a bit off at times, but tolerable. Not sure if this is post op related or something else. Tonight's workout was good. Might have issues raising arms in the morning, time will tell. Must remember to sneak some of son #1's glutamine with my Natural Calm tonight .

No hot flashes today. This is very good.

Caught the Real Food Con podcast on the need to eat organ meats while commuting home. I need to make more lamb liver pate. I recently bought a couple of packages of ground "organ meat", which is apparently bison heart/liver and maybe something else that I can't remember. Kidney maybe? Potentially I can slip them into some other ground meat, though a frozen package of one pound presents some challenges. May need to plan a large batch of chili or meatballs or something like that.

Eats:

one coffee
    mate tea
    4 scrambled eggs with a bit of havarti
    bone broth with gelatin
    2 chicken thighs, 2 pumpkin muffins, apple
    pepperoni stick, pumpkin egg pancakes.

I made the pancakes with 1/2 cup pumpkin puree and 2 eggs, cinnamon and nutmeg, fried in coconut oil. Flavour was kind of meh. It needs something. I topped them with a smidge of butter and a drizzle of maple syrup, which was decent. I will try these again, but it needs maybe some coconut flour, vanilla, and a touch of sweetener of some sort. Made a reasonable post crossfit meal in the end.