Page 218 of 261 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 2609

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 218

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Made it home very late 2 nights ago, a 2 hr flight delay meant back to the house around 130am. The boys survived with house intact, and even had cleaned up after themselves. Nice to see them acting almost adult like. Yesterday was laundry and restocking foodstuffs.

Back to work today, lots to catch up on. Hit the gym at lunch for the first time in about a month. 3000m row (15 min), 4 sets of 25 kettlebell swings with a 25 lb bell, 2 sets of 10 band assisted pullups. Tonight my legs feel like logs. That's good, as I plan to sign up to return to crossfit next week.

The trip was awesome. Of course, I ate a lot...nuff said regarding amazing buffets. Stuck to primal with alcohol , but made a couple of conscious deviations, interestingly with no ill effects. Had a small amount of amazing bread at Gordon Ramsey Steak restaurant, and a berry filled crepe at a buffet at the Paris hotel, plus likely a few gluten doses in sauces and such. I expected a gluten hit distress, but that didn't happen. Other desserts I had were just sugar, no gluten, like creme brulee and macaroons.

More later, I'm in need of sleep, and there's work tomorrow. Updates on the weekend, will try to get some photos ready to post.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Welcome back!
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Over the weekend I wasn't in the posting mood. Got stuff done around home, including a bunch of yardwork, including pulling and cutting back plants to ready things for winter, which is coming soon, bah.

I was feeling that workout from Thursday all weekend. And just as things were feeling somewhat less DOMs-like today, I went back to do some rowing, including sprints, more kettlebell swings for 4 sets of 20, pushups, then a mile brisk walk. More log leg feeling tonight. I felt those KBs most in the hamstrings and adductor muscles. Probably a good thing.

Taking the plunge and restarting crossfit tomorrow. I'm signing up for twice a week classes, I figure I can always upgrade if I have the desire and funds, or add an additional day or two with some of the same stuff at the gym at work. I really ought to take some measurements tomorrow so I have a proper starting point to compare as the months go by. Definitely a bit spongier of late than I was some months ago. Up a couple of pounds from vacation, but not much, really, and it's starting to go. Not as quickly as I'd like, but then again, I'm not really working at it yet. Home for the next month or so, which should help get back into a routine and rhythm.

My kombucha is ready to bottle, the scoby has grown, which is awesome. Picked up some fresh cranberries, which I may smash and use to flavour. The first batch of ginger is reasonably tasty, though not particularly fizzy. Probably need to leave it out longer for the second ferment after bottling, which I didn't have time for last time. I got some plastic 500 ml bottles from the brewing store, so don't have to buy more store kombucha to have enough bottles. I must remember to pick up a narrow funnel, as bottling will be a bit of a potentially messy challenge without.

Been reading other journals, though not commenting. Trying to spend less time online, with mixed success.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Had a small amount of amazing bread
    I just cant help it, a small amount of AMAZING bread is totally worth it, and that's why we have the 80/20 rule.
    And wine is fruit so how bad can it be!

Yes, Suse, I've concluded that a tiny bit of amazing bread is well worth it, once in a blue moon. But only when it's AMAZING bread. Like next time we go back to France .

I'm now officially a crossfitter. Signed up for twice weekly for a year. So this tells me that I'm either a) dedicated; b) crazy; or c) one of the cool kids . Not sure which. Perhaps more than one. Today's first proper class kicked my ass, but in a good way. Hopefully I'll be able to raise my arms above elbow height tomorrow. I liked it.

Didn't get measurements this morning, as I got up a bit late and didn't even think about it. Perhaps tomorrow.

Kombucha still needs bottling, again likely tomorrow. Tonight's post workout was shower, 3 loads of laundry and food making.

Eats:

black coffee
    lamb bone broth with added gelatin
    oolong tea
    L: roasted chicken meat with half an avocado and squeeze of lime; a banana dipped in mix of almond butter/creamed coconut/coconut oil; an apple
    bottle of kombucha
    D: browned ground lamb & beef on top of rice & leftover random roasted veg (broccoli, cauli, brussel sprouts)
    bottle of homemade cider

Body is pretty much worn out tonight. I think after this last load of laundry is done, it's bedtime. Hubby is away for a couple of days, and both boys are at work till probably 11pm, at which time I should be snoring.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    I have decided that you are a, b and c.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Totally cool that you are a crossfitter!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    I have decided that you are a, b and c.
    Yeah, I figured the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Totally cool that you are a crossfitter!
    Heeheehee. Muchos gracias. Must remember "that which does not kill me makes me stronger"...or something like that. The place I'm going to has a t-shirt which says "I can lift more than your boyfriend", which cracks me up every time I see it.

Yes, DOMS is here today, but thankfully my arms worked this morning and I could put my hair properly up for work. Feeling it more in the legs than the upper body, to be honest. But I've had worse. Went for a 4 mile walk at lunch, beautiful fall day, sunny and full of crispy multicoloured leaves along the way. Way warmer than typical for this time of year here, so I took full advantage. Won't be many days like this till spring.

Thought I might take a bath tonight with epsom salts, but frankly, I was too lazy to do so. I did, however, bottle the kombucha, adding fresh cranberry (and a touch of coconut sugar, as it was rather tart, having sat for nearly 3 weeks), and put on a new batch to brew. Little scoby looks like a proper scoby now. I'm impressed. And another load of laundry of my dresses from vacation, and cleaned a bathroom. That's plenty, methinks.

Thanksgiving weekend coming up for we Canadians. I ordered my free range turkey for pickup on Friday. More yardwork in the plans. And Tuesday, rather than work is my gyne day surgery to get rid of that uterine polyp. Oh joy. Doc from the base has given me the rest of the week off for sick leave, which to be honest, I don't think I'll need. A day postop, sure, but more? I suppose I'll see how I feel. He says if I feel ready to return , just call or email him, but if I'm not so great, I don't have to bother with coming in for sick call and such. I suppose that makes sense. Regardless, hubby is home next week, and there should be plenty of Thanksgiving leftovers so cooking shouldn't be an issue. Bone broth will be on hand as well.

And yes, I realize I haven't posted much yet about Vegas, but have not forgotten. It will be along soon.

As I expected, DOMS is a hell of a lot more today. Quickly established as soon as I woke up and stretched before getting out of bed. Such is the price of a good workout, at least at the beginning once again. I'll live. Briefly considered crossfit for today, but traded that idea for a 3 mile walk in the exceptionally warm sunny fall weather at lunch. Of course, coming back to sitting on my ass at a keyboard for the afternoon seemed to stiffen me up even more. Boo. Will aim for crossfit after work tomorrow. Typically we get let go early on the Friday afternoon before a long weekend, but with the new HQ CO, he isn't as quick to do so, so the hope of the early class might not happen.

Fixed some supper on the fly with no particular plan in mind. What to do with 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts for 4 of us (me, boys plus #2's girlfriend)? Caramelized an onion, added sliced mushrooms, finely chopped broccoli, chicken bone broth. Browned chopped chicken in another pan, and added to the mix. Simmer. Add heavy cream, and a healthy dollop of sour cream. Serve over rice. Result? Boys gobbled, and #2 quickly claimed the leftovers for tomorrow's lunch. Ha. Major success.

Hubby's flight is delayed more than 2 hours, so he'll be home late.

Have to rethink my Thanksgiving plan. Normally I cook the turkey on Sunday, but one kid is working noon till 9, the other 2 till 11. May have to defer to Monday. I would have preferred Sunday, so I could cook the carcass for stock overnight in my giant pot, and make soup on Monday to have ready for postop Tues, but if we want a family sit down (which rarely happens these days), it will have to be Monday.

A soak in the hot tub helped the achy muscles. Still sore, but less so.

Hubby won't be home for more than an hour, don't think I'm waiting up for him. Boys will still be up to say hello. Son #1 is writing a history paper tonight, due tomorrow for a midterm mark, and was asking me how much he could pay me to do it for him. HAHAHAHAHA. I remember those days . Silly boy.