Page 216 of 250 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2491

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 216

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    True to form for any delivery or service call, the missing luggage arrived at my door at 250 pm. At least it's here.

Supper turned out fantastic. Tender pressure cooked beef, juices reduced and blended in the carrot/celery/onion and thickened with a touch of xanthan gum for a gravy, lovely cauli mash, mashed tatos for the boys, steamed local carrots. Yum.

Feeling rather exhausted. Not looking forward to returning to work in the am, and I know it will be a very busy day of catch up. Ah well. 4 days in the office then off again on Sunday to Ontario for the week until Fri night. I should unpack the bag and do laundry, but will reserve that until tomorrow. Don't feel like dealing with that today. I had planned on making mayo today, but think I'll defer that as well. Don't really need it for tomorrow, anyway.

With some luck and hopeful thinking, maybe today's addition of the dong quai and some melatonin soon will give a good night's sleep without hot flashes.

7 1/2 hours of decent sleep, but was pretty hot at wake up time. More periods of heat through the day. Sporadic fatigue, but not as bad as yesterday, so moving in the right direction. Very busy catching up at work. Didn't make it to the gym as planned, and was too tired at the end of the day.

Hunger went in odd cycles today. Probably fatigue related. I did tuck into an individual sized chocolate almond butter packet (found at O'Hare airport - can't find that here) in lieu of crap chocolate from the canteen, not too bad of a choice. Not very hungry for dinner, so had a small portion.

Eats:
    coffee
    2 HB eggs, 1/3 of an avocado, a plum
    macadamia nuts
    small slice of meatza, cucumbers (lots)
    chocolate almond butter
    pepperoni stick
    half a grilled chicken breast with grilled broccoli & mushrooms
    a cider

Tonight has been tidying, laundry, and now chill out time.

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    I would start the kombucha. At worst it will be too vinegary - not dangerous but maybe a bit too tart. Or it might be perfect. It's a bit cooler these days and 10 days might be just right.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Hmm. I decided to go ahead with the kombucha. As I was assembling, I realized little scoby probably wasn't as big as I thought, or as much as it should be. Tasted the brew it was growing in, which was definitely now tart and vinegary, so obviously things have been happening in there. I already had the brewed sweet tea ready, so decided to forge ahead and throw in the perhaps not quite ready scoby anyway. At best, booch may occur. At worst, I've wasted 8 tea bags (5 black, 3 green) and a cup of sugar, and will destroy the infant scoby. In the middle, maybe it will just grow the scoby more into something more viable. I also drank a cup of the vinegary brew diluted with water, and filled one bottle to see what happens in a couple of days at room temperature.

7 1/2 hours of sleep, perhaps a smidge more. Decent quality. Still somewhat fatigued today, but better. Busy at work. My new glasses are in, hopefully I'll have a chance to pick them up tomorrow, if not, it will have to wait until after my next trip. Bah. I'm tired of the current frames.

Felt like a weird eating day, though it really wasn't. Not hungry for dinner, and tonight was everyone fend for themselves on leftovers anyway. Had a nibble, and might do a bit more later. Or not. A bit gassy late in the day, can't pinpoint a cause, whatever.

Eats:

coffee
    bone broth, raw cashews, a plum
    beef roast, cauli mash, broccoli & mushrooms with "gravy"
    few squares of 87% dark chocolate
    a cider
    pepperoni stick

Hubby is playing some sort of weird jazz type music upstairs, which of course permeates the whole house. Rather annoying music. I'll give him a little longer before requesting a change of style. Maybe more demanding than requesting . He's pretty compliant if I give him some time with whatever genre he's exploring. Ah, the dangers of music downloads...

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Hubby is playing some sort of weird jazz type music upstairs, which of course permeates the whole house. Rather annoying music. I'll give him a little longer before requesting a change of style. Maybe more demanding than requesting . He's pretty compliant if I give him some time with whatever genre he's exploring. Ah, the dangers of music downloads...
    I'm thinking its better than KISS all the time!
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    I'm thinking its better than KISS all the time!
    HAHAHAHAHA

Agreed.

It's actually moved onto something else, something old, can't quite place it...silly man.

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Better than what I'm dealing with - the neighbor is blasting rock! I mean with explosives! Aaaiiiiiyyyyy!

I'm sure your kombucha will be fine - sounds like it is coming along just as it should.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Interestingly, the baby scoby looks larger today! I might be on track after all. I will be leaving it alone to bottle on 21/9, after getting back from next week's trip, as it will allow 2 days to carbonate after bottling before we leave for Vegas. Whatever I get, I get. Hopefully it will be good!

Busy again at work, still trying to catch up on stuff from being away last week. I have a few things due tomorrow, and today included a staff meeting and an afternoon EKG training session at the clinic.

That last pressure cooked lamb bone broth turned out very well. It's pale in colour, but gelled nicely, and is rather tasty.

Eats:
    coffee
    3 HB eggs with 1/3 of an avocado & squeeze of lime
    bone broth, raw cashews, a plum
    some less than ideal chocolate at the training session
    a few pecans, 2 strawberries
    fresh picked tomato slices, spicy ground pork (small portion) with mushrooms on 1/2 cup of rice
    a rum & zevia

Sleep seems to be settling. Another 7 1/2 hours of sleep. I can probably stop the melatonin, might do a half dose tonight. Hot flashes and overnight overheating seems to be improving quite a lot. This is very good.

I did get my new glasses today, and like them a lot. Basic small style, black plastic frames with some subtle accent white stripes on the edges, wide arms.

edit: tonight's music a la hubby is more tolerable, 80's stuff, The Cars. Reminded me about when I was 16 and in my first car, I lost control on a gravel road weirdly banked corner and trashed it...the radio was playing The Cars: Drive.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 09-12-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Very busy at work again yesterday, still playing catchup from the week away. Thought I might sneak out early, but wasn't in the cards. Finished off the night with a lovely steak dinner and wine with hubby, catching up on MasterChef episodes.

Got drenched in pouring rain at the farmers' market this morning, but we did need eggs. Groceries and other errands done. Now some laundry on so I can pack in the morning for next week's trip. Flight isn't until 230pm, then home Fri night. Bringing just a few larabars and some good locally made beef jerky to supplement the dining hall. It's always pretty much "meh".

Today, have had some kombucha, jerky, a pepperoni stick, ground cherries. Inspired by today's MDA recipe, I have a pork belly braising, but am not chilling overnight. Will slice and fry up later. That and stuffed hot peppers and caprese salad will be dinner.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    You're off to vegas! so jealous.