Page 214 of 265 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 2647

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 214

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I haven't examined it closely or actually tested it, but it seems that wine really impacts my sleep. I need to experiment and see if drinking a glass earlier in the day will have lesser effect. Of course, who drinks wine early in the day?

Sorry about the shoulder. I have the same problem - every time I ramp things up exercise-wise something gives - back, knee, hip, feet. Ouch.
    oh yeah, wine and sleep... not a good combo. I've recently discovered low alcohol wine which is great and doesnt impact on my sleep at all. And it still tastes like wine so thats good.

Wine early in the day, just makes you want to have a nap earlier

oooh dear no AC and a heatwave.... you're lucky you have a pool.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    The house is ridiculously hot tonight. If one believes 2 separate temp monitors (one on the fridge, one on the furnace thermostat), it's currently 31C inside. Cooler outdoors, but alas, the air is still. A bit of a damn breeze would be appreciated, thank you very much.

The last crossfit on ramp was good. Did some gentle stuff, then repeated the "baseline" workout of day one. 500m row, 40 squats, 30 situps, 20 pushups (knees for me), and 10 pullups (with bands). They wanted us to use the same level as the first time. Afterwards, we were asked how we were feeling, compared to day one. Today I felt physically worn, but in a good way, and a victorious sort of powerfulness. The first time was just plain spent. Interesting to see the times. On day one, I did all that in 7min 12 sec. Today it was 5 min 47. And felt easier. I like this feeling. Both objective and subjective signs of positive progress. The other 5 in my group all signed on for memberships, I do plan to do so, but in a month. I'm out of town for 3 of the next 5 weeks. Pretty sure I'll miss it in the meantime. Shoulder felt good today, and the knee is actually feeling better than a month ago.

Hubby's staying home to wait for the a/c guy in the morning. HOPEFULLY he can fix tomorrow. Egads, this is warm. Granted, with a cool shower post workout, I'm finding it not intolerable at the moment. Not good, but I'm likening it to when I was deployed in Haiti 3 years back. Gotta deal with it.

Today's eats:
    coffee (thought about tea, but coffee seemed needed)
    bone broth
    L: half a pork sirloin chop with tzatziki, cucumber, apple with almond/coconut butter
    after work: pecans, a peach, pepperoni stick.
    a cider. probably a grass fed beef burger pattie shortly. Takes me a while to be hungry after these workouts.

The temp in the house is now down to 29 from 31...a slight move in the right direction.

Only good thing about this is that my baby scoby to be seems to like it. He's growing.

BJDMINN is offline Member
    Ugh! Hope the a/c got fixed. We must be getting your weather. In the Twin Cities, it's ranged betwen 100-107 f for the heat index the last several days. Stifling. I shouldn't complain as it wil be plenty cold in no time.

Ah, yes, sweet, cool air. Hubby stayed home to wait for the repair guy, who came early afternoon. Half an hour, a replaced capacitor, and all good. And just over $300, which is not bad, considering we were worried that maybe the whole unit might need replacing, as it's 11 years old. House is totally comfortable again, and should make for a decent sleep.

BJD, yes, no doubt the same weather system. I do love the heat, and yes, it will be short lived, but damnit, I want some respite in my house!

Feeling totally good physically after the last crossfit class. Not stiff or sore. Cool.

A very busy morning at work, then off (late) to a farewell function for a coworker. A nice relaxing afternoon in their backyard. By the time I got there, the catered sandwiches and wraps were pretty much gone, no loss there, but had some nibbles. And I came home with a bag of apples that I picked off their trees. I still didn't get a chance to review that presentation I have to do next week.

Eats:
    coffee
    B: 2 scrambled eggs with a burger pattie & slice of havarti
    some milk chocolate
    afternoon: some nuts, cheese, fruit, pickles
    pepperoni stick, glass of wine.

Was not hungry at all when I got home, so told the guys to fend for themselves. Heehee. I decided to go out for some retail therapy. Found a great sale at a Mexx outlet and came home with a blazer (which was the main goal), 2 blouses and a scarf for a decent price. They will be accompanying me on the Sweden trip.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Was not hungry at all when I got home, so told the guys to fend for themselves. Heehee. I decided to go out for some retail therapy.
    My guys will fend for themselves post-surgery for maybe 2 week. I can't wait for retail therapy post-surgery!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

I'm all packed for Sweden. The new suitcase is good. Made an effort to pack light, aside from the required uniforms, and I seem to have plenty of room to spare.

It will be a very long day. Leave the house by 1030, fly via Chicago to Frankfurt then on to Sweden, for about 14 hours of travel, including 8 hours for the transatlantic leg. Supposed to be picked up by the people from the working group at the airport, hopefully my room will be ready so I can unpack and have a good snooze before the evening icebreaker event. The event goes all day Tues through Thurs, and Fri morning. Flight home isn't until Sat am, so have a night to do something, hopefully. I'm excited. Spoke with my colleague in Belgium yesterday (who used to be Canadian, and married a Belgian after she retired from the military), with whom I'm presenting this week. I have a bunch of stuff to review on the plane, but I think I'll be good to go for the presentation.

Have some books on the e-reader, power outlet converters packed, larabars and nuts for the carry on bag. Hopeful that the airline meal might just be edible...probably wishful thinking. Regardless, I won't starve. There's supposedly wifi in the hotel, so that would be good to stay in touch with home. I think I'll have a busy week. Hoping for some good seafood, which that city is apparently known for. Should be able to exchange some cash for local currency at the airport in the morning.

Best be off to bed, though I'll have plenty of time for snoozing along the way. With a little luck, there won't be either a cranky small child nearby on the flights, nor a grabby, pokey adult behind my seat.

Catch you all later...home late next Sat night.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    You will have a great time! Sweden is low carb heaven! I understand they are really into the no-grains thing. Can't wait to hear about your trip!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

have a great trip. Sweden would be an interesting place to visit.