Page 213 of 273 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2729

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 213

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My little scoby to be seems to be growing a bit in it's sweet tea bath. Or at least, the blobby thing floating on top seems to be somewhat larger and more formed than when it went in there. I rubbed the glass and sent more nourshing sentiments inward.

Browsed some more luggage today, but still no purchase. Brought a somewhat reluctant hubby along, but he is easily distracted by shiny things, and came back with several new good travel shirts on sale. I, on the other hand, returned empty handed. Might try the other mall tomorrow morning. I'm torn between the new lightweight hard side suitcases and the soft sided ones, and will go for the 4 wheel spinning type. Everything is on sale, but I don't want to pay a fortune, but want a quality bag that will hold up. In the next month, I have 3 trips with 10 flight legs, plus 2 more in Nov for 8 legs. Durability is a must. And a nice colour is a bonus.

Hubby made more goat cheese stuffed bacon wrapped jalapenos this afternoon, several were a good heat, and the last one was once again uber hot. My mouth was burning for about 10 minutes after finishing. I lapped the drips of bacon grease off the plate in hopes of respite, but it didn't help much. Mmmm, bacon grease.

Another hubby cooking request, he wants to make a mushroom risotto tonight, so I'll be putting grass fed beef shanks into the pressure cooker to go alongside. Local baby carrots will accompany. He makes the risotto maybe once or twice a year, and it's so tasty. Well worth the carb load.

Hit the mall for another luggage pursuit. Spent far too long comparing things, and eventually left nearly 3 hours later with 2 nice bags at 65% discount. Happy with my purchases. I'll be packing in a week for Sweden. Still surprised and pleased that this work trip fell into my lap unexpectedly. Must review that presentation I have to do next week. At least it's short...

Thought I'd hit the grocery stores today, but by the time I was done at the mall, which was rapidly filling up with moms and preteen/teen back to school shoppers, I was done. Had not eaten before heading out, as last night's meal was rather heavy (and oh, so good), so figured an IF was appropriate. Broke the fast between 3 and 4pm with a cider, few bites of smoked rainbow trout, and a small bit of garlic sausage.

Tonight's meal will be lighter, salmon fillets on top of salad. I've managed to perfect the technique of panfrying with crispy browned skin, and love it like that. It's even convinced hubby that fish skin is in fact edible. And tasty. I'm thinking there should be lots of decent fresh local seafood on the menu for Sweden, looking forward to that. The city I'll be in is coastal, so even more so, perhaps.

Feeling kind of blah that there's only 2 more days off work, but should try to shift that thought to "hey, I have 2 more days off and the weather is fabulous". Working on that. Haven't got nearly as much done around home as I had planned, but that shouldn't be too surprising. I just need a day of motivation and I can get a lot done in a short span. Anyone seen any misdirected motivation around somewhere?? Send it my way.

I tweaked my right shoulder a tad last crossfit class on the overhead lifts. Annoying. Hopefully it's feeling a bit better by Monday. And the knee is still a bit tight, probably overdid it a bit on the deep squatting. Hard for me to set my own limits sometimes, when I want to keep up with the rest of the group and not be that middle aged gal who can't keep up. I want to kick ass! I do see a bit of increased upper body definition since starting this onramp 3 weeks ago, in the shoulders and upper arms. I like that. Weight holding pretty much steady, but seems firmer around the middle as well.

Found out that my knee MRI is booked for 4 1/2 months from now. Sad. And not impressed with the timing: Saturday Dec 28th at 9 pm. Seriously?? I will take it, as that's what it is, but really? Ah well. Probably will be a couple of months past that for the ortho surgeon consult. Egads.

BJDMINN is offline Member
    Hey GS - I'd say you are kicking ass! You've motivated me to at least think about trying cross fit. I fell and fractured my tib/fib about a month ago. Had surgery the next day and got weight bearing a few days ago. Hoping to get moving good soon. Having to rely on others for basically everything isn't easy. Hubby has however, prepared all paleo foods and he's a pretty good cook!

Have fun in Sweden. We spent a little time in Gothenburg some years ago and really enjoyed it.

I can't believe the wait for an MRI! Some think with the changes being made to our healthcare system, we'll be waiting longer for procedures. Wishing you safe travels!

I

Thanks for the vote of confidence in ass kicking! Ouch about your leg, that really sucks. Great that hubby's on board with primal cooking while you recuperate. I hope it heals soon for you. And yes, waiting this long for an MRI is pretty normal here, and can be even a good bit longer. Sigh.

Yesterday was farmers' market foraging, groceries, and pool time before a storm moved in for the evening. Was super hot and humid, same as today. A late dinner for hubby and I of rib steaks with the usual fixings, wine, and catching up on Game of Thrones, now a couple of episodes into season 3.

Feeling sluggish today. Not so much this morning, but definitely now. Have a pot of creamy potato soup on for the boys, as son #2 has been requesting it for ages, and it's been a long time since I did it last. Planning on a BBQ rotisseried chicken this afternoon with one of the giant birds. Tons of garden tomatoes and cukes are ready, so likely just a salad along with that.

Back to work tomorrow, and away from the higher carb eating, treats, and booze of the week off. Way more wine, cider and cocktails have been consumed than is a good thing. And that's been impacting sleep quality, I think. Will probably have something while on the deck after pool time, but time for both of us to settle back into a regular and cleaner routine. I'm going to have a very busy week at work, then next Sunday leave for the work trip.

My right shoulder still has a nagging, unpleasant ache. It's more uncomfortable than the knee by a long shot. Why is it that whenever I get going on a good workout routine something buggers up? I refuse to blame age. Not there yet, not by far.

Alright, soup needs finishing in the pot, and the pool beckons invitingly...

Suse is offline Senior Member
    That is a loooong wait for an MRI. Thank goodness I have med insurance here and I can get that done straight away if need be. And I am of course feeling for you with the shoulder. I really hope that it settles down and doesnt morph into a frozen shoulder

I'm unconvinced cross fit (and for that matter exercise generally) is good for you

Here, having insurance above the universal health care doesn't mean you get to jump the queue. Or at least for most of us. There's always a two tiered system, though it doesn't exist officially.

The pool was great, as were the ciders on the deck, and the chicken turned out splendidly. Served alongside a few more goat cheese stuffed bacon wrapped hot peppers a la hubby, cucumber and tomato.

Ah, back to reality tomorrow. So long vacation mode. But I suppose the return of structure will be good for me. At least I think so. We'll see.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I haven't examined it closely or actually tested it, but it seems that wine really impacts my sleep. I need to experiment and see if drinking a glass earlier in the day will have lesser effect. Of course, who drinks wine early in the day?

Sorry about the shoulder. I have the same problem - every time I ramp things up exercise-wise something gives - back, knee, hip, feet. Ouch.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

At yesterday's crossfit, we had the same coach as last class. I told him about the shoulder pain, he was convinced it was due to not spot on form on the overhead lefts, which makes sense. I used weights a bit lighter on some stuff, and it felt mostly fine. He watched my for, and made a few corrections on how to hold the shoulders at the high point of the lifts. Oly lifts were the focus. We warmed up with a 400m run, mobility stuff, kettle bells, walking lunges with the kettlebell (25 lbs). Then onto power cleans and power snatch. I felt powerful, which is kind of cool. It was crazy hot, 32C (91F). Not too hungry afterwards, either, so had a small snack for dinner late of chicken, smoked fish and a bit of sweet potato.

Interestingly, today the shoulder feels better. Not totally perfect, but better than yesterday.

Today it was even hotter. Went for a 4 mile walk in the heat at lunch, kind of slow, but moving and enjoyable, particularly on the paths in the woods beside the river in the park. Hubby & I both hopped in the pool to cool off after work, the last week for this for the season, I'm sure. Tonight, I'm feeling drained. Generalized moderate soreness all over from lifting, and probably sapped from the walk in the heat. Plus TOM is here, bringing today a huge amount of bloating and crampiness that naproxen isn't really touching much. Or maybe it is, and it would be a hell of a lot worse without. Not even that hungry. Will have a small nibble later on. I grilled pork sirloin chops, so there's that. Having a rum & zevia instead for now, self medicating.

Slept horribly on Sunday night before returning to work. Hot, weird disturbing dreams that woke me up with heart pounding, and had to pee 3 times, along with night sweats like I haven't had since starting the black cohosh. Last night was better, but still hot. I can see an early bed today, despite the a/c not keeping up very well today with the late summer heat. Might need a cool shower before bed.

Today's eats:
    mate tea (in place of coffee, which is new for me)
    3 HB eggs, a larabar
    L: tin of wild salmon with half a small avocado, lots of cucumber
    bone broth (when I was craving chocolate, it worked)
    a few pecans, tiny bit of havarti, couple nibbles of pork chop.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It seems that not only was the central a/c not keeping up with the heat, it actually stopped working sometime last evening. No bloody wonder it was as hot in the house this morning as it was last night. Of course, another 34C day today. Nothing with an obvious fix, and the repair guy can't come till tomorrow sometime. Ugh. Nobody slept great, though I think hubby & son #2 felt it the worst.

The power went out at work mid afternoon, so after close to an hour of waiting, the boss sent us home. Home to an overheated house. So what's a gal to do? Pooltime, of course. Now I'm all hot again, and crossfit is in an hour. Last class of the on ramp. Feeling less stiff today than last evening. Still bloated, but this too shall pass. Sucks in the meantime.