Page 210 of 278 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2780

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 210

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Ah, the crossfit place has space left for on ramp, so I start tomorrow. Holy crap! This box is maybe 2 miles from home, and even has a 10% discount for employees of the hospital I do casual shifts at.

Son #1's team lost their final game, thus placed a respectable 2nd place for the tournament. He came home to shower, and went back for the social after all. Has the tent, and is going to stay out there tonight. He decided some fun was more important than being rested for the work stuff tomorrow, which at least doesn't start till midday.

Lovely golden chicken bone broth is now in jars in the fridge, thank you pressure cooker. I love that thing.

Ate some coconut, pistachios and cherries in the afternoon. Dinner was a small grilled sirloin steak with mushrooms, and baked new potatoes with sour cream and scallions. It was delicious. Finished an open bottle of red that was opened a couple days ago.

Early day tomorrow, plus the evening workout. Better get to bed.

Good night sleep, 7 1/2 hours or so. And a decent day in the ER, not too busy, just steady. Now of course, I'm ready for a nap. But crossfit class #1 is in less than an hour...feeling both rather excited and intimidated! Ah well, we'll all be beginners, as that's the purpose of the on ramp classes. Wonder if it will be all young ones and I'll be the oldest there or if there's other 40+ somethings this crazy too. I'm thinking the VFFs will be appropriate. If they don't work well tonight, I can try the pace gloves next time.

Eats:
    coffee
    L: tin of wild salmon, cherry tomatoes, a plum
    after work a few bites of steak and one very small potato. Wanted something, but not too much before class.

I'll report back later on the class, if I'm not collapsed in a heap of sweaty exhaustion .

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Very interested to hear about the class! Tell us, tell us!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I didn't collapse, through I'm pretty sure I'm going to have trouble lifting my arms tomorrow morning. Good thing it's not a shampoo day, heehee. Legs are quite used up as well, but am feeling the most in my arms and chest.

There were 5 of us in the class, I was the only gal. One decently fit looking guy in late 20s, a late 20s/early 30s stay at hone dad, me, and 2 men in their mid to late 40s or so. So a decent group. Of course, we're all there to try this out and learn, but I was secretly pleased to land in the middle of the group during the stuff. The instructor spent 10 or so minutes talking to us about crossfit, and what we knew or had heard about it, followed by a light maybe 300m jog and warmup. Then a while showing us the basic movements, and having us demo and practice, including squats, rowing, situps, pullups, pushups. Finally we did a timed workout to finish - row 500m, 40 squats, 30 situps, 20 pushups, 10 pullups as "fast" as you can using proper form, and resting/breaking up sets as needed. I finished right in the middle (well, the one guy was 2 min ahead and the second guy and me were seconds apart). I did do knee pushups, and bands for the pullups/chinups, starting with one thinner band and adding a second partway through. 7:25. Holy crap, I'm spent!

I've showered, and grabbed a dose of son #1's glutamine to hopefully make recovery tomorrow a little easier. And I'm not really even hungry right now, but better make sure I have something before bedtime. I really can't imagine having much, however, and don't plan to be up late.

Must make a point more than I usually do to get up and move from my desk tomorrow when in the office. And walking or something at lunch.

I liked it, overall. I think the next class we'll be using some weights and bars. Looking forward to it.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Sounds intense! Hope you feel okay in the morning.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

I'm actually feeling surprisingly not bad at all this morning. I did haul out the foam roller before bed for a while, and had a small meal of a couple ounces of steak and 2 small baked potatoes topped with cheese. Slept well, 7.5 hours. Woke hungry, but coffee seems to be adequate for the time being, have bone broth for this morning, and may try to hold off a meal until after some lunchtime movement.

That last batch of chicken bone broth from the pressure cooker is amazingly tasty.

My pickles have finished fermenting, should have dealt with them last night, but after the workout it wasn't going to happen. Must get on that tonight.

I am a bit more sore this evening, but that could also be partly due to the 4.8 mile walk at lunch, which included 1.5 miles of slow running in the middle in the park. It was good. Upper body is fine, feeling it more in the hips/quads. Probably will take another glutamine dose and foam roll this evening.

I'm surprised I wasn't more hungry today. But I'm good with that. Had a vague thought about something sweet in the afternoon, but it was fleeting and easily ignored.

Had my formal first meeting with the new boss, was scheduled for 45-60 min, and we spoke for more like 90. I have worked with her before for a bit, when we were the same rank, as Captains, 6 years ago, and run into her as colleagues on a few conferences in the past few years, most recently the one in Chicago in May. I could actually see us as friends, but as the boss, it probably won't quite go that way. I think she's a couple years older than me, and single. Very petite stature, and athletic. Briefed her on my dept's activities, my subordinates, and personal/career goals. I'm quite sure she'll be a good boss.

I sat down after getting home and dozed off for about 45 min. Was definitely feeling the aftereffects of activity at that point. Got moving and made a frittata for dinner out of leftovers. An great fall back on dish to use stuff up. Watered the garden, picked a few grape tomatoes, and put my pickles in jars. Very garlicky. Almost too much so for son #2, but good for me. I have 3 one litre jars in the fridge full.

Eats:
    coffee
    bone broth
    L: bit of steak, mushrooms, small baked potato, a plum
    some pistachios, bit of coconut
    D: frittata with steak, mushrooms, tomatoes, scallions, fresh oregano & basil, goat cheese & fresh mozzarella

I've had a headache of varying intensities all day. Hopefully 8 hours of sleep will sort that out.

Had an odd phone call this evening. It was from the office of the gynecologist who recommended the hysteroscopy based on my ultrasound results, next appt is for pre-op stuff in early Oct as her OR schedule can't fit me in till Oct. I was told Dr A (I saw Dr H, but they are in the same practice) reviewed my ultrasound, and wants to see me in clinic next Tuesday. I can't figure out if perhaps they just share the patient load and he has space earlier in his schedule, or if there is more to the ultrasound than first thought, and there is a need to do something sooner. Concerning. And now I get to think about it for a week until I find out which one. I do know that my schedule for Sept is jam packed, with 3 separate week long trips (2 for work, one for holiday).

Trying to put it out of mind until next week, which I'm sure will not be so easy.

Crossfit class #2 in an hour...I am kind of sore today, but not horribly so. Might be different after tonight! Tired. Slept 7.5 hours last night. At least the headache is only a tiny niggle today.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    I'm caught up!

Wow. Sweden. Brazil. Vegas. Nice

Crossfit.

I feel positively lazy when I read your journal.
    And hungry. Your meals always sound so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Had an odd phone call this evening.

I can't figure out if perhaps they just share the patient load and he has space earlier in his schedule, or if there is more to the ultrasound than first thought, and there is a need to do something sooner. Concerning.
    I vote for an open space in his schedule, 'cause they know how busy you are.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    +1
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold