Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2687

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 209

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Wow! You were busy.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Wow! You were busy.
    Funny, even after all that, I felt like there were a few more things I "should have" done. Good grief.

Tonight was less productive. I slept about 7.5 hours, as usual wasn't ready to get up, but energy was fine until I got home close to 5 pm, when it took a dive. Managed 2 loads of laundry, including changing the duvet cover and bedding, plus outdoor watering.

Picked my 2nd ripe tomato tonight. Super meaty, and very sweet. Delicious. Here's to the rest ripening soon! There are a few grape tomatoes nearly ready to pick. The rest of the larger ones and the heirloom ones are a bit further behind.

Had a 4 mile walk over lunch. Felt good, and the knee has been fine for days now. My back, which was sore after the weeding yesterday was better by bedtime, but the hamstrings and glutes are feeling well worked today, as I was using them more to avoid as much deep squatting yesterday. No change with the walk.

Eats:
    coffee
    greek yogurt with a few blueberries & raspberries topped with berry sauce & coconut flakes
    L: leftover steak (maybe 4 oz) & mushrooms, 2 cups of borscht with sour cream
    D: 3 chicken legs, cucumber, the freshly picked tomato with evoo/basil/fresh mozzarella

Bed is calling soon. But first excuse me while I fry a banana in butter with cinnamon & a smidge of maple syrup, perhaps a touch of cream and walnuts as well. Mmmm.

Uneventful sort of day. Work was busy, so didn't get out to the gym. Sleep was close to 8 hours, but woke a number of times to the boys' activities in the house after I went to bed. One had a buddy come over late, the other worked till after 3 am, heard someone setting the security system when they went to bed after 5 am. I never used to hear this stuff when I was asleep, always was a heavy sleeper, but have been hearing them a lot more the past few months. At least I nearly always get back to sleep quickly. Not totally rested when getting up, but energy levels reasonable through the day.

Eats:
    coffee
    half cup of greek yogurt with berry sauce, coconut flakes and a bit of hemp seeds
    chai tea with stevia
    L: 3 small chicken legs and 2 cups of borscht with sour cream
    D: bacon wrapped pork tenderloin with broccoli & mushrooms roasted in the meat juices/rendered bacon fat. Mmmmm.

Aiming for a good night's sleep.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I used to sleep like I was in a coma, but then I turned fifty...and hit menopause...I miss those days!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Close to 8 hours of sleep, somewhat rested, but tired again after work. Busy work day, so once again no gym time. Thought about walking after work, but the blahs set in as TOM is making its presence known a few days early. Bah. Did a run to Costco instead to pick up some stuff.

I did water the garden, cleaned a bathroom plus another toilet, plus have a load of laundry on the go. Cooking was not needed today, both boys are working, I wasn't too hungry, and there was stuff in the fridge. I ate a bunch of coconut after getting home from Costco - yes, the stuff I try not to get too often.

Eats:
    coffee
    L: 2 cups of borscht with sour cream, bacon wrapped pork tenderloin slices, 4 small squares of 85% dark chocolate with a spoonful of macadamia nut butter
    pb cups. chalk that one up to TOM. felt more blah afterwards
    bowl of borscht with sour cream, 1 chunk of bacon wrapped pork. Maybe some cheese on rice crackers in a bit. glass of wine.

Early sleep is needed, once again. In bed by 10 for sure.

Again, close to 8 hours of sleep, but not in bed by 10. Son #1 came home from work chatty when I was getting sorted out for bed, so we spent some time. I haven't seen him much this week, as he's been working late and often gone by the time I get home from work. Still sluggish getting up, but okay through the day.

Grilled some lovely local lamb shoulder chops for dinner. Seasoned simply with salt, pepper & garlic. Fatty and delicious.

Should find out tomorrow if the work trip to Sweden in a month is a go, and things seem to be progressing nicely for the probably work trip to Brazil in November. How awesome for me if both end up happening. Haha, the new boss may not let me do anything this exciting again next year, but you never know. I should at least be able to go to the annual conference I went to Chicago for this spring again, next year it's in San Diego. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Kind of bloaty today, TOM has arrived a few days early. Ha, at least that means all will be done and over when hubby gets home next weekend.

Long weekend ahead, which often means being let go early on Friday. If so, planning on stopping by the mall on the way home for some personal shopping, since we can wear civvie clothes tomorrow. Hopefully I can get some home stuff done over the weekend, son #2 is working, #1 is in a local rugby tournament. And I'm working 8 hours in the ER on holiday Monday, so time and a half wages. Mentioned that to hubby, his response was "oh, is that your dehydrator?" Perhaps another Amazon order will be forthcoming in the near future.

Yesterday didn't start off well. Son #1 brought a couple buddies home after work, they sat outside on the deck chatting and woke me up probably 6 times between 3 and 5 am. Not happy about that. My bedroom is right above the deck and the bathroom window was open for fresh air. At least we got let out from work at noon, so popped by the mall for a few things on the way home. Had eaten milk chocolate at work in the morning, then the last of the borscht and a lamb chop and cucumber with tzatziki after getting home, and took an hour and a smidge nap. Not very hungry later, so had goat cheese & kerrygold dubliner cheddar on rice crackers for dinner.

Today was up at a decent time to head to the farmers' market. Super busy once again. My haul: cucumbers, multicoloured cherry tomatoes, onions, scallions, carrots, green beans, red peppers, new potatoes, and some smoked rainbow trout. Grocery store restock followed. I was pleased to see my Superstore now carries frozen organic allegedly grass fed beef and pastured pork in the frozen section. Did get some ground pork. Nice score. And at the market, there's a lady who brings her goats along with her selection of goat milk soaps and other natural care products, including alpaca wool. Today she had a variety of different types of fowl, with a pile of the different sized and coloured eggs from each. I asked her if she sells her duck eggs. Says she can't sell them legally at the market, but every Sunday her farm has an open house, and she does sell eggs there, including the duck eggs. I might take a drive there tomorrow, it's only a couple of miles past where the farmers' market is. She also does classes in soap making, cheese making, and other stuff. Very interesting.

Finally got in a good walk today too. 5 miles in the sun, close to an hours and a half. It felt really good. Surprising though, I saw so few people out and about, even in the park. Like just over a dozen. It is a long weekend, and lots of people are out of town at cabins and such, but still such a nice day and nobody outside in the park.

Between urban foraging and the walk, I ate a smidge of turkey cold cuts, slice of jack cheese, some pistachios and cherries. Later some dried coconut. Made primal hot wings so son #2 could eat before work, I'll have some a bit later on. Chilling with a cider now, and in need of a good shower. Relaxing night at home tonight. Planning on another walk and then a pedicure for tomorrow. And my pickles are close to done, might be ready to be put into jars tomorrow. Bone broth needs making as well. Great job for the pressure cooker. Hubby managed to connect with an old friend in Ottawa, going with his family to their cabin for the long weekend. Nice.

Son #1 is playing in a rugby tournament in town this weekend. He took the tent and planned on camping out tonight at the field, along with many others. He surprised me by coming home around 7pm, exhausted. Played 4 games today, is somewhat sunburned, took a hard hit in the last game that whacked his head (is quite okay, fortunately), and the usual bruises and scrapes. He says he didn't sleep well last night, and was up and out early today, so figured that sleeping in a tent with all the partying going on was not a great idea. Smart kid. Drank a bunch of water, ate wings, took ibuprofen and glutamine, and is planning on an early bed. Back out for 9 am tomorrow. He and one of his best buddies were asked by the provincial team to come with them in 2 days to play in BC...great to be recognized for great playing, but neither can get the time off work with next to no notice. Too bad.

The wings were rather spicy, due to cayenne pepper, and heartily devoured. I remembered I had one gluten free beer in the fridge that I'd bought a few weeks ago, and then never had the urge to try, as it's been well over a year since I bothered with beer. It was really good, and went fabulous with the wings. It's an american brand, Bard. Made with sorghum. Previous gluten free beers I've tried have been very ho hum. This would be worth having again.

A small dilemma in the works. I received an email from the crossfit place I wanted to try the on ramp month with in July, that is until my knee buggered up, so had to pass. Their Aug on ramp starts Monday night, is Mon and Wed nights for an hour for 4 weeks, and has space left. And I'll be home over the next 4 weeks exactly. And the knee is feeling rather decent. No significant issues for the last couple of weeks. Sept is out for sure, due to work travel and the Vegas holiday. So...is the knee good enough to give it a go? Should I just go for it, and moderate as tolerated? Guess I have tomorrow to decide...

Up early after a decent 9 hours of sleep. Son #1 was just crawling out of bed, terribly sore from yesterday. He wanted nothing more than to just chill and game all day, as did his buddy who also played, but off he went at 9 for another day. I just heard that his team won their semi-final game, so he'll be playing another this afternoon. That will be at least 3 games for today! And once again, smart kid decided already he's not staying for the social tonight with drinking, as he has a work training session mid day tomorrow. Hopefully he'll get home this evening with nothing worse than sore muscles.

I went out walking for an hour after coffee, glad I went then in the sun as it's now clouded over and threatening thundershowers. Just got home from a good pedicure too, so a decent day thus far. Should toss some bones in to cook for broth.

I was deliberating all morning about the crossfit on ramp that starts tomorrow. I decided to just do it, I'm sure stuff can be scaled if the knee starts to protest. I emailed them that I was interested, hopefully will hear back this evening that they still have space left. Definitely means I need a good sleep tonight, with the early ER shift and then potential cross fit class at 730pm. Ack! Hope I don't regret this!!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Well, as you've already decided, I was going to vote a big YES on the crossfit. Maybe it will even be beneficial for the knee somehow. (Although I know that knees don't work like that)

I've heard very good things about the sorghum beers but I haven't tried them for the obvious reasons. Good to know they are worthwhile, though.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold