Page 207 of 272 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2713

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 207

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The upkeep of a salt water pool isn't very much at all. No daily or even weekly messing with chemicals, and much nicer on the skin and hair. Just more expense upfront for the salt chlorine generator. Worth it. Our friends who retired out east last year have a salt water system on their hot tub, wish we had that on ours.

Short gym session today for the requisite physio strengthening leg stuff, plus OHP and bench press.

Son #2 registered today for his university classes. A general first year, with focus on classes to get into the business school next year. Nice.

Eats:
    black coffee
    2 HB eggs
    mint green tea
    L: tin of wild salmon, dill pickles, nectarine
    6 small squares of dark chocolate with dark cherries & almonds
    crispy crunch chocolate bar
    pepperoni stick
    D: 1/4 of a 7 egg fritatta with sweet peppers, mushrooms, bit of ham and chicken, tomato, sprinkle of cheddar and parmesan.
    wine.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Will keep the salt water in mind.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I've always wanted an endless pool. Think that would be so relaxing. You can really enter a flow state! But I seriously doubt I will ever get one.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Suse is offline Senior Member
    I smiled reading about you walking/lying on the grass. I cant do that sort of thing, I'd be worried about dog poo or wees

I'm interested in the pressure cooker. Must go and research that... I like the idea of a slow cooked result quickly?? Mind you, where the hell I'd put such a thing in my small kitchen is beyond me....

No pets in my backyard, so no worries about stuff left behind .

As for the pressure cooker, it's presently sitting on the floor in a corner of the kitchen. Beside the slowcooker. And a bucket of fermenting wine.

Feeling very tired tonight. Was up a bit late, then hubby and I started chatting, which led to a big discussion with differing points of view, then a heated argument. It was getting very late, and going in circles. I tried valiantly to end the discussion, which led to more going in circles. WTF?? Had another glass of wine (yes, here's my oh so helpful coping mechanism here) and went to bed angry, a bit after he went to bed angry. I expected nothing but ignoring and grunts this morning, but he was pleasant, and even kissed me goodby, which we only remember or make a point to do once in a while. Some stuff he said pissed me off outright, some because there was truth in it about me which hurt because it's pretty much true. Yet I feel he still didn't get some of what I was saying. I don't want to bring it up with him now, as he's acting normal, or even working at being caring, and the conversation was about something that totally doesn't matter anyway. Sigh. This sort of thing repeats it self every few months, about different topics, but the way it goes is always the same. That's what I was trying to get across by the end.

Sat alone in a conference room for 5 hours this afternoon on a video teleconference call filled with technical difficulties. Some great content, but holy crap, that was a long afternoon, and I left work over 45 min late. Son #2 met me in the garage the second I got back so he could drive his girlfriend home before heading straight to work.

Eats:
    black coffee
    11 am: 1 1/2 slices of leftover frittata, a nectarine, 1/4 cup of mixed coconut butter/coconut oil/almond butter/vanilla
    green tea
    530: pepperoni stick, couple of pecans
    7pm: crumbled grass fed ground beef sauteed with mushrooms on buttered rice, raw kohlrabi.

Yes, there was wine tonight. I'm still a bit put of by the whole explosion thing last night. Trying to let it go. And will work on the elements that rang true to hubby's comments.

All is well with hubby & I. One of those weird blips. At least I think that's all it was. He leaves tomorrow afternoon for that 3 week work thing. Boys are both working closing shift tonight, so we have the house to ourselves. He just may well get a happy send off

Yesterday I caved to peanut butter cups. Twice. Gave me a headache, too. The usual Friday night dinner of steaks, mushrooms, peppers, wine. Hubby went outside for a cigar, and I think he poured a bit heavy on the scotch, because when he came in, he was completely toasted. Ha. I got up early (for a Saturday for me, before 9) and left him sleeping for likely quite a while!

The farmers' market is nearly in full summer glory, and it was super busy early in the day. Had to restrain myself to not buy more stuff than I'll get through in a week, especially with just me and the boys. They'll eat veggies if they're prepped at mealtime and they're home, but if it's leftovers for them, the veggies get overlooked. Bought eggs, carrots, green beans, garlic, strawberries, dino kale, cucumbers, lamb. Unfortunately as it's early for tomatoes, there was only a small amount there, and I was too late. But I did pick the first red one from one of my heirloom plants today! A quick grocery store shop on the way back from the market, then off to the hair salon. A good trim, and colour/highlight. Went bolder on the blond highlights, I've been dark for a couple of years now, time for a change. I like it, but will take a few days to get used to. Warm reddish brown as the base, with warm blond tone highlights. Greys all covered. Stopped to renew car registration and drivers license on the way home (good day for license photo after hair salon ).

Eats for today have thus far been black coffee, a pepperoni stick after the hair salon at 4 pm, and a cider. Dinner will be butter sauteed salmon, fresh green beans and a caprese salad.

My knee isn't doing well today. Didn't do anything more to it, but it's feeling less than stable at times, and sometimes painful. Gee, only 3 1/2 weeks till the doc appt to get an MRI ordered, which will only take many months to actually happen. Continues to be very frustrating. It's great weather to do long walks, but yesterday and today, it's too uncomfortable. Boo.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Sorry about the knee. Jealous of farmers market!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Suse is offline Senior Member
    oh yeah ouch, having the truth hit you in the face is always painful. Would be interesting if he sometimes looks at what you argue about and realises there are truths in what you say about him as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Jealous of farmers market!
    You must have farmers markets around your place? I think your local produce is probably months ahead of here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    oh yeah ouch, having the truth hit you in the face is always painful. Would be interesting if he sometimes looks at what you argue about and realizes there are truths in what you say about him as well!
    I wonder if that is the case, since he was all nice the next day. Not that he'd likely admit it if so.

Strangely enough, the knee is feeling better today. I have no idea what's giving it the bad days at this point, as I'm not overstressing it at all.

Hubby left after dinner for his 3 weeks away. Still not impressed about timing this in the middle of summer. Ah well, saves some vacation days for trips away later in the year.

Did a few things around the kitchen today. A great rotisserie hudderite chicken (probably close to 7 lbs or so) on the BBQ, roasted to crispy golden amazingness. After both boys, hubby and #2's girlfriend were done, I had a bit (plus nibbles when carving it up), there's just some thigh meat left. The carcass along with some chicken feet went into the pressure cooker, and I have over 2L of deep yellow bone broth, colour no doubt helped by the turmeric and smoked paprika on the chicken. Also made rhubarb strawberry sauce.

Aiming for more sleep and cutting way back on the alcohol while hubby's away. Funny, he mentioned the same thing, he'll be in a hotel the whole time. His indulgences of late have left a softer belly, so he's planning on at least 5 lbs to be gone by the time he gets home. If he stays on plan, it will likely be more. I'm aiming at something similar. Already, the shorts I'm wearing today are less snug than they were 3 weeks ago. I've been back in the 150s for a while now, which is not where I should be.

Eats:
    coffee
    2 pepperoni sticks
    few pecans
    cherries, strawberries
    chicken plus crispy skin, 2 small baked potatoes with butter
    a couple small almond macaroons (gluten free baker from the farmers' market)
    wine

Finally had that pelvic ultrasound today, tomorrow is back to the gyne clinic, hopefully results will have been read, plus will get the results from the endometrial biopsy. Hopefully nothing significant going on aside from perimenopause hormone stuff.

My knee was feeling fine all day until just before leaving work. I sat down in my office chair to put my water bottle in my bag, and likely pivoted at the same time. Felt a sharp pain. Was not so bad when I got home, but then in the garden staking up hubby's hot peppers, I was pretty much squatting, another no-no. Damn painful since then, sore to walk on, discomfort even at rest. Think I'll ice it and take antiiflammatories tonight. I was looking forward to doing a good walk this evening, but obviously not going to happen.

Not much in the mood for cooking, there's odds and ends in the fridge, son #1 is going out for food and drinks (it seems like I've agreed to taxi him to the patio at his work after he gets back from the gym in an hour). Son #2 and girlfriend can find stuff. The pork chops I had out can wait until tomorrow. I'm not terribly hungry either, certainly not in need of a full meal.

I need to put a huge pile of my laundry away, do more laundry, and the floors need a good clean, but the latter can wait until the knee is less tender.

Eats:
    coffee
    bone broth
    leftover steak (maybe 4 oz?) & mushrooms
    cucumber and a plum
    a larabar - didn't need it, but wanted it (and somewhat better than pb cups). Mint green tea
    iced peppermint & lemon balm tea made yesterday from herbs in my garden, plus a couple of stevia leaves. Tasty.
    a few pecans
    large chicken thigh with skin, all that's left from the big bird of yesterday

Might make a sweet potato egg pancake to top with my berry sauce before the boys eat it all. It's awesome. Thought about caprese salad, but that too can wait for tomorrow.

Damn knee.