Page 206 of 270 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2694

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 206

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I want to say Nom Nom paleo tried lamb bone both and it was a fail, but I could be wrong.......
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    My last slow cooker batch was mostly lamb bones with a couple of random beef and bison bones. Made it the same method I use for beef, and it turned our nomalicious. Not concerned about that. But thanks for the input .

Got another chapter of the equipment manual to the publishers that we've been working on for ages, only 3 more chapters to edit to go. This project has been in the works for far too long. And picked up an 8 hour ER shift for Sunday.

Stuck to my plan and got in a good walk at lunch, 4 miles to the park and back. It was hot, windy and fabulous. Hit some muddy patches on the trails in the park due to the downpour of 2 nights ago, but the VFFs are hosed down and good to go for next time.

Eats:
    black coffee
    bone broth
    spicy mint green tea
    iced cold brewed coffee with cream, stevia & vanilla extract
    1/4 cup mix of coconut butter/almond butter/coconut oil
    5 pm: 1/2 a pepperoni stick
    7 pm: 3 fried eggs, 1 beef smoked sausage, 1 pepperoni stick
    2 glasses wine.

I've been using the Black Cohosh for maybe 3 months now. Hot flashes during the day are now rare, and the night sweats are hugely diminished. I still do wake most mornings overly hot anytime after 5 am, but not so bad, tolerable even. Tried Dong Quai for one bottle worth (4 capsules 3 times daily doesn't last long!), but was unconvinced of any benefit. I might try it again at some point. I have my followup for the gyne stuff in a week and half, but still haven't had the pelvic ultrasound. Spoke with the clinic last week, seems the requisition didn't get done, so they resent it with priority, we'll see if it can get booked for before the followup appt.

Nom Nom had bad bones! I've never made broth from lamb bones myself. I love it but it is so pricey and it is never on sale.

I've been taking Black Cohosh and Vitamin E for awhile now, and either one or both has helped a lot.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Haven't quite got to the pressure cooker for a trial run, but will do sometime this week.

Physio on Friday was pleased with my progress, still a bit of swelling in the knee, but good stability and decent strength. He gave me some more exercises to do, so improvement happening. It's been feeling good the past couple of days, so I can see that at some point I should be able to resume regular activities. Still annoying.

Today I took an 8 hour ER shift. Was not ready to be up at 6 am, heard the boys come in from work around 3 am (both working the closing shift at the restaurant), hubby was snoring loudly from 530-6...and I realized as I got up that I obviously had a bit more wine last night than I thought, as I felt a bit rough. Sorted itself out, however, and it was a decent day. Glad that I hadn't signed up for 12 hours.

Yesterday was a lot of errands, then pooltime and relaxing. I took advantage of my explosion of basil in the garden, and made a lovely pesto. The boys had pasta, ours was on zucchini "noodles" with grilled chicken thighs on the side. Extremely yummy. Must do again when the basil plants replenish themselves.

I'm tired tonight, not surprisingly. Both boys are heading of to work again tonight. I've got bison/lamb burgers on tap for dinner, along with goat cheese stuffed jalapenos. Mmmm.

A week left until hubby has to go away for up to 3 weeks. What a pain in the middle of summer. I'm going to aim to take advantage of the time to eat more strictly, but good stuff, and cut way back on the booze. Too easy to grab a cold something when he does. The boys are rarely home at suppertime, so as long as I have stuff made for them, I can pretty much do my own thing for mealtimes.

I've put grass fed beef bones with a couple of pork bones into the pressure cooker roughly following http://nomnompaleo.com/post/16004110328/quick-pressure-cooker-bone-broth. I'm cautiously optimistic it will turn out. My first time using a pressure cooker, I remember Mom sometimes used a stovetop one as I was growing up, and never had any issues with it.

Here's hoping I don't blow anything up!

Nothing blew up. Easy peasy, and not noisy either. No unnerving sputtering and rattling of the pressure release valve. I put it on "soup" setting for 55 min, released the pressure and opened it up. Smells great, but I think it could be richer. And I forgot to add the acv. So added the vinegar and put it on for another 30 min. Whatever comes out I'll keep.

Got to the gym at the end of work. Physio stuff: bosu ball squats (only to 65 degrees or so, nothing deep yet), some other leg work, single leg quad extensions and hamstring curls. Threw in a few sets of bench presses and OHPs. Knee felt okay, but tonight in the kitchen I inadvertently pivoted, felt a snapping in the knee, and now it's a bit tender. I'll really be surprised if it's not another meniscus tear. I hope not, as that surgery wasn't something I'd jump at to do again.

2 nights ago I got something in my eye. It was just after showering and using a face scrub, so I suspect a bit of scrubby grain stuff. It still felt horrid yesterday, so I brought a few sterile syringes prefilled with saline from the ER to flush it out with hubby's assistance. Still felt like something was in there, and still the same this morning. Tonight it's a bit better. I think it is lingering irritation, hopefully not a corneal abrasion, but a good thing that it's improving. Good grief, another silly thing to be dealing with .

Eats:
    coffee
    11 am: bison & lamb burger with kerrygold cheese, cucumbers, a plum and an apricot
    mint green tea
    4 pm: pepperoni stick, 8 pecan halves
    730 pm: BLT salad: romaine, tomato, avocado, goat cheese, scallions, few bits of chicken thigh and steak, 3 slices crumbled bacon, acv vinaigrette.
    wine

The fruit at lunch was a successful deliberate attempt at warding off the sweet cravings that have been striking at work for crappy chocolate. Win .

The bone broth was much lighter in colour that I usually get with beef bones, but it is rather tasty. A win, in my opinion. Less quantity than the slow cooker, but with that speed, I can do it weekly or even more often, as long as I have bones. Awesome discovery.

Did a 4 mile walk at noon today to the park. Knee was a bit dodgy, twinges of discomfort here and there, but the time outdoors was totally enjoyable. Very few other people out on my route, which seemed odd.

Briefly annoyed with hubby after work. While I was emptying the dishwasher, cleaning off the load of dishes and mess left from the boys () from the day, watering all the droopy garden plants, and making dinner, he went in the pool as soon as he got home, then lounged on the deck. Whatever. I'm over it. He has the post dinner cleanup.

Eats:
    coffee
    2 HB eggs
    bone broth
    L: bison/lamb burger pattie with kerrygold cheddar, strawberries
    iced decaf cold brewed coffee with heavy cream & stevia
    D: grilled chicken breast, baked sweet potato, steamed broccoli, bit of buttered rice
    rum & zevia

I love standing out in my summer backyard in my barefeet in the soft, thick grass. I make a point of walking barefoot out there daily. It just feels right. Even after dark, I'll go out there and spend a few minutes, on occasion even lying down in the grass. If anyone sees me out there, I'm sure they think I'm some sort of crazy person. No big deal, but I'm pretty sure nobody ever sees, as it seems my neighbours (several houses can see into our back yard, typical suburbia) are rarely outside. Strange, and sad at the same time.

And my irritated eye seems quite back to normal today. Whew.

Grass is the best! I love walking around in grass, I do it whenever I get the chance. Our library has a big and beautiful lawn - I like to go there and lay under a maple tree in the grass. Luckily lots of other people do this also, so I'm not pegged as the town crazy.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    There are days I wish we had a pool. We have the room, but the upkeep and no kids.......thinking about a lap pool and a hot tub.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html