Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2697

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 204

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ibuprofen high dose.....
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Using naprosyn 500 mg bid or tid, have the enteric coated stuff. Could change to ibuprofen 800 mg, that is in the cupboard too... think it's either or...

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Yup one or the other works as an anti-inflammatory. Hope it's better soon.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Keeping on with the antiinflammatories. Today, I wore the compression sleeve again, tonight the swelling is still there, but less. And more mobility with less stiffness. Guess time, rest, and meds are the key. Not that I didn't know that, just didn't want to have to do it.

A good downpour with thunderstorms this evening, glad I didn't bother to water after work. Should be good for the garden.

Hubby gets home tomorrow morning. Nice. We have a sports thing in the morning at work as a farewell day for those posted out this summer, then a BBQ at lunch and will be able to go home early. Even nicer. I've been training my new gal this week, which has been good. I knew her previously, she's very keen and motivated, it will lighten my workload considerably to have her take over one of the two jobs I've been doing for months, plus I can delegate a good bit of project work as well, so I'm very pleased. And I won't have to be on call all the time, as that will be primarily her job, but I will back up and relieve regularly, as it should be. All is good there.

Eats:
    coffee
    bone broth
    citrus mate tea
    L: slices of leftover crispy pork belly, greek yogurt with rhubarb berry sauce, coconut & a few walnuts.
    a pb cup. Meh.
    D: local pastured slow cooked pulled pork over a small sweet potato.
    glass of red.

More laundry and tidying around the house done. Sleep is calling...

Hubby has been in a bit of an off mood since returning on Friday, apparently some minor little thing I said put him off. Whatever. He's slowly returning to normal. And seems to have picked up a cold from his travels as well.

Fri night I tried out a local grass fed hanger steak, a cut I had to google to figure out what to do with it. Sort of like a flank steak, but not quite, and required some trimming up to prepare. Very tasty, regardless. Yesterday I made the most amazing double lamb chops on the grill. Got 2 frenched racks on sale, cut into double chops, rubbed with a touch of evoo & garlic, then simply salted and peppered. Grilled to a perfect medium rare. Melt in the mouth delectable goodness. Must remember the technique and repeat as often as I can pick up expensive lamb!

Graduation week is looming for son #1. Still can't believe we're there already. Was able to get a few days off work for the convocation and volunteering for the safe grad party, so only Mon and Fri at work this week. And Sat off with hubby for a long drive to visit my Mom for the long weekend. Last summer I did the 12 hour drive on my own, having company will be much nicer.

Heading out to get a pedicure, will be needed for this week for the grad dressing up. Thunderstorms coming again this afternoon, so aiming for some inside organization/cleaning and kitchen stuff for the remainder of the day.

I was incredibly lazy today. Yes, my feet are smoothly groomed with a lovely purple polish on the toes, but that's about it. It was stormy all afternoon, so kinda fits. Had no motivation to do anything productive, as was planned. Poked about a lot online, with diversions to numerous time wasting sites. Ah well. And I ate peanut butter cups. Didn't sit too well afterwards. Didn't I learn that last week, or whenever it was??

I've been thinking lately about many foods I want to be making and eating. Just not time to have them all. Weird.

My knee is slowly recovering, but still not back to normal. Not pleased about that. My ultimate team has a "playoff" game tomorrow, but I'm thinking that would be a very bad idea for me. I'm still a bit concerned it might be a meniscus issue, though physio didn't think so. Might ask them more about it on my next appt next Friday.

Managed to grill dinner between rainshowers. Sweet potatoes, a pile of veg in ghee - mushrooms, sweet bell peppers, eggplant, red onion, and pork loin chops. Yum. Plenty of random leftovers in the fridge, so told hubby tomorrow is leftover night and I'm not cooking. Why do I always get a face when I say that? Makes total sense to me. Both boys have been working over dinner the last 2 nights, so their share is leftover as well. At the end of work shift, they usually bring home food from the restaurant, so stuff sometimes piles up. I hate having to toss good food if it's left too long.

Had a less then ideally restful sleep, about 7 hours, but woke at times very hot, and then early in the morning with what felt like maybe bladder spasms?? Not really sure what that was. And all day I've felt bloated and thick. Not gassy, though I feel like I should be. Bah. Just a few bits tonight rather than an actual supper, which works well with just poking at leftover stuffs. Hopefully this will pass by tomorrow. Should have spent the evening pulling weeds, which have proliferated in the garden with all the rain, but it wasn't in me today. Too bloaty feeling. Plus the knee is still not right, posing challenges for squatting/kneeling down. I haven't even gone for a walk since the ultimate game a week ago that tweaked my knee, it's just not been comfortable enough to do that. Not really swollen anymore, but little things are still causing pain.

Ok, that's plenty enough whining for a Monday. Tomorrow is son #1's convocation. I remember taking him for the first day of kindergarten, hubby and I both went. Funny, it was hubby who got teary eyed watching him line up and go into the school with his new backpack. I think maybe since I worked only part time those days, that I had spent more time with him at home and was ready to let him go onto new adventures, plus a bonus of having just one at home for the daytime.

Eats:
    coffee
    bone broth
    green mint tea
    a larabar
    L: bit of pulled pork, a small pork chop, leftover grilled veggies
    couple of pecans, 3 squares of dark chocolate
    the last double lamb chop, slice of jack cheese.

I was thinking of a banana mug muffin, but that would be too much for tonight. Light on the eats might be helpful for the next day. Wednesday is the grad dinner, son thoughtfully ordered us gluten free meals, though I have no idea what's on the menu. A hotel catered thing. Will hope for the best. Either that, or eat before going. And pack a snack for the long night volunteering at the safe grad nightclub party.

Further ponderings:

Hubby has a man cold. Probably enough said there.

In true dork fashion, I managed to majorly poke myself in the eye with a hairbrush this morning. How? Good question. Distraction, I suppose. I spent a good 15 min with profusely watering eye, running mascara everywhere, wondering if I'd managed to create a self administered corneal abrasion the day before my kid's graduation. It turned out not so bad, but the eye is still a tad sore this evening. Good grief. I never claimed to be graceful or coordinated, but this is going a bit far...
    Last edited by Greensprout; 06-24-2013 at 08:30 PM.

I am now officially the mom of a kid with a high school diploma!

The convocation ceremony was lovely. He's now off across the neighbourhood for pool and drinks (yes, lovely combination, I realize...) at a buddy's house. I also know the parents are home, we're sitting with them at the dinner tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the dinner/dance and safe grad party, so the formal dress up festivities. Then as a volunteer for the parent safe grad committee, I could be there till 4 am...O_o.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Hi!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    In true dork fashion, I managed to majorly poke myself in the eye with a hairbrush this morning. How? Good question. Distraction, I suppose. I spent a good 15 min with profusely watering eye, running mascara everywhere, wondering if I'd managed to create a self administered corneal abrasion the day before my kid's graduation. It turned out not so bad, but the eye is still a tad sore this evening. Good grief. I never claimed to be graceful or coordinated, but this is going a bit far...
    You're not the only one. I did something similar the other day trying to repot a spiky plant...it was a long 15 minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I am now officially the mom of a kid with a high school diploma!

The convocation ceremony was lovely. He's now off across the neighbourhood for pool and drinks (yes, lovely combination, I realize...) at a buddy's house. I also know the parents are home, we're sitting with them at the dinner tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the dinner/dance and safe grad party, so the formal dress up festivities. Then as a volunteer for the parent safe grad committee, I could be there till 4 am...O_o.
    Congrats! Daughter is officially done high school too, but they have their commencement in October (Thanksgiving weekend) Her prom is Saturday. I'm volunteering. She tried to convince us to have the After Prom Party here! No Way! Right now we are working on her OSAP application.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I did something similar the other day trying to repot a spiky plant...it was a long 15 minutes...
    Ooooh, spiky plant sounds worse than boar bristle hairbrush, at least I think...aren't we a pair?

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Congrats! Daughter is officially done high school too, but they have their commencement in October (Thanksgiving weekend) Her prom is Saturday. I'm volunteering. She tried to convince us to have the After Prom Party here! No Way! Right now we are working on her OSAP application.
    I'd forgotten that a lot of Ontario schools don't do commencement till fall. Never quite figured out the why of that. Ha, don't blame you about declining having the after party...who needs that responsibility??? Good grief!

Safe grad night was decent, though I crawled into bed close to 530 this morning...with sun up and birds chirping.