Page 199 of 263 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2622

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 199

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Beef feet? Where did you get them? Did you have to special order?

I'm laughing looking at your dinner. According to CW, you should have died within 2 minutes of consuming that! Duck fat is the best, isn't it?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Hahahaha! Dinner was great! I'm still full. And lipid panel in December has never been better!

Beef feet have been found of late in my regular chain grocery store (Superstore) in the section of the freezer case with "ethnic" and odd bits, like tripe, shank, chicken livers and such. A frozen package of I 1-2 lbs for around $5, horizontal slices with the skin, bones and all the cartilage/tendon type bits. A great addition to the regular bones. And they don't even look like feet (unlike the chicken feet I find in the same store, just frozen pale looking odd bits.

The last leg of hubby's trip was cancelled, so he made it home this evening rather than tomorrow night. Nice.

After all that talk about glutamine and sugar cravings, I succumbed to the siren call of reese pb cups today at work. TOM is imminent, so I squarely lay the blame there. Not the end of the world, and they gave me a belly ache. Should be a learning experience, when the call comes again. Not very hungry this evening, so I suppose that's a good thing.

Eats:
    coffee
    bone broth, 3 small slices bacon
    L: small beef/lamb burger topped with tzatziki, radishes, grape tomatoes, baby carrots, a plum
    crappy chocolate
    lemongrass kombucha
    bit of chicken breast with havarti and a slice of bacon, few bits of a local smoked beef sausage
    about to make a chocolate banana mug muffin thing to share with hubby.
    a glass of wine

Yay for Friday tomorrow, though my weekend is cut "short" due to traveling on Sunday. Will defer Mothers' Day till next week. Hubby has a busy travel schedule for the next 6 weeks, so I think I'll be doing the bulk of the remainder of yardwork prep for summer. That's okay, it's all good activity and I'll reap the benefits through the season.

I've been feeling rather unenthusiastic about working out this week. I lifted on Monday, and not since, but did go today. I wasn't convinced I wanted to go, but pushed myself at noon. Changed things up a bit, partly because I felt like it, and partly since I couldn't get onto the bench for presses.

band assisted pullups 8, 6, 6
    back extensions 15, 15
    deadlifts 95 x 8, 115 x 5, 135 x 5, 135 x 5, 135 x 5, 115 x 8
    OHP barbell 45 x 8, 65 x 5, 65 x 5, 60 x 5, 60 x 5, 55 x 5
    pulley woodchops with 20 lbs 15 each side
    one arm dumbbell rows 25 x 8, 35 x 5, 40 x 5, 40 x 5
    planks front x 100 sec

7% incline treadmill walk for 20 min.

Not bad. It looks like the hotel I'll be at next week has a decent gym, better than most hotel setups. Will have to make sure I get in there.

Son #2 was scheduled to work 9-5 both Sat and Sun, and wasn't impressed to find out this afternoon that instead of Sat, he's on tonight from 7pm-3am (closing). Ah well. Son #1 is shift leading tonight. #2 has gotten over his initial frustration, and seems to have a good attitude as he's heading out the door. He'll appreciate the pay, I'm sure. And he'll get free food tonight.

Son #1 has his official letter of acceptance from the university. And by the way, winencandy, it was a small envelope. Guess you never know. Granted he had already received the email notification earlier in the week.

All packed for Chicago. At least the flight isn't until just after noon, and direct, so in nice and early in the afternoon. The hotel is apparently within walking distance to the "Magnificent Mile", which is a shopping district. Nice. Plan to spend some time there.

Nothing outside of the usual stuff for eats the past few days, steaks last night and wings today. Some rum & hard ciders, not crazy. And only a small bit of chocolate yesterday.

It was crazy busy with traffic today when out doing errands. Who know that Mothers' Day weekend is the busiest of the year at Costco . Wouldn't have gone there today if I knew that!

winencandy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Son #1 has his official letter of acceptance from the university. And by the way, winencandy, it was a small envelope. Guess you never know. Granted he had already received the email notification earlier in the week.
    Congratulations on the official letter!
    Small envelope? Interesting...

All packed for Chicago. At least the flight isn't until just after noon, and direct, so in nice and early in the afternoon. The hotel is apparently within walking distance to the "Magnificent Mile", which is a shopping district. Nice. Plan to spend some time there.
    Have a great time in Chicago. Hopefully it warms up a bit.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Made it home late yesterday afternoon, after a good conference week. Lots of good lectures and panel discussions, and a great keynote speaker, one of the head flight surgeons on the Stratosphere space jump project. Did some productive networking with international colleagues, and of course got in some good shopping . Haven't spent that much on myself in a while, but I have the funds sitting in the bank, so why not? Some workout and travel fabric great stuff from Lucy, which isn't in Canada, and has great stuff. And a couple of great on sale Prana shirts. And some stuff for the boys.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Made it home late yesterday afternoon, after a good conference week. Lots of good lectures and panel discussions, and a great keynote speaker, one of the head flight surgeons on the Stratosphere space jump project. Did some productive networking with international colleagues, and of course got in some good shopping . Haven't spent that much on myself in a while, but I have the funds sitting in the bank, so why not? Some workout and travel fabric great stuff from Lucy, which isn't in Canada, and has great stuff. And a couple of great on sale Prana shirts. And some stuff for the boys.
    Shopping! No one needs an excuse for that! There was a question on a trivia thing on the plane the other day and it said that chicago is smaller in area than Lake Taupo in NZ. Lake Taupo is a big lake but not that big, so Chicago is obviously a little compact city. I've decided I would like to visit there!

winencandy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    Shopping! No one needs an excuse for that!
    I know I DON'T
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Yes, I'm very pleased with my shopping finds, no excuses needed . Spent a bit over $400 on myself, which was a definite splurge. All good quality stuff.

Chicago didn't seem much like a "small" city, ratherly densely compat, for sure. Aside from the ride to and from the airport I was just in the downtown, which is full of skyscrapers and very tall buildings. Huge plantings of tulips in bloom throughout the shopping area.

So it's a long weekend here, and been raining since Friday night, pretty much steady aside from yesterday morning. So much for yardwork. Hubby has started the pool opening, so it may be ready for use in a week or so once we get it clean, chlorine shocked and warmed up. Looking forward to that. My ultimate frisbee team has our second game tomorrow evening, they won the first game last Mon with only 5 players to the other team's 11 (have to play 5 on the field at all times). And the rain is continuing tomorrow all day. Ugh. Should make for a sodden, soggy field.

Food highlights since returning home have been Fri night small bacon wrapped beef tenderloins with baked potato, Saturday pan seared duck breast with a raspberry port reduction on sliced potato and a side salad of watermelon/feta/fresh mint/lime juice. Today I had guacamole deviled eggs, with a dinner of beef sirloin kebabs with chimichurri, garlic lemon shrimp kebabs, roasted peppers/mushrooms/asparagus. And 3 small brazilian cheese breads. Yum. Tried Siobhan's recipe link, it's much easier making in the blender than the previous version I've made.

My stomach has been a bit off all week, likely some of the foods away didn't agree with me. BMs have been reflecting the disturbance. Today I had kombucha, and took a probiotoc, things seem to be feeling better this evening. Getting back to the basics of good, home prepared primal foods will be no doubt the trick to fixing the issue. Hopefully will be all back to normal in the next couple of days.

Son #1 turns 18 tomorrow. Wow. I think we all decided to purchase him new summer tires. And going to see the new Star Trek movie in the afternoon, as he has plans with his buddies for the evening, apparently involving drinking, but hey, 18 is legal age here, and most of his friends have already had their birthdays. Taxis or a DD will be part of the plan, at least they're being somewhat responsible.