Page 198 of 263 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 2625

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 198

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I had one of those a few years back. The only good thing I have to say about it is that it was over very quickly. And so shall yours be.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Sending positive thoughts.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Me too
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Having your cervix pinched with some sort of grabber and the lining of your uterus scraped x 3 (for adequate sample amount) is not my recommendation for a reason to leave work early on a lovely sunny day . Yes, I survived, but it was a highly unpleasant experience. At least there was not excessive lining, which is a good thing, I'm told. Will be booked for a pelvic ultrasound just to be thorough, and followup visit in 5 weeks, which really means in reality, my appointment is in 11 weeks, which was the first available. Typical. She was wanting to discuss prescribing hormones if I felt my perimenopausal symptoms were bothersome enough, but was content with my wanting to research alternative methods for now. A lot of cramping during the procedure, a bit following, but not too bad, and of course, spotting from my traumatized internal lady bits. Glad I thought to take some ibuprofen before the appointment.

As for the knee, I went to the base clinic to have it looked at this morning. She said it's quite stable, so wasn't concerned that an MRI or further investigations are needed, unless it gets worse. Agreed that all the standing and beach walking probably started this up, as the standing for prolonged periods can give a huge axial load on the meniscus. I do have a physio referral to check things out, booked for right after I get back from Chicago in 2 weeks.

As a result of the afternoon's physical insult, I wasn't up for yardwork tonight. And it's rather warm too, 25C. I may get to that tomorrow when it's cooler. Other stuff needs my attention, like ordering son #1's grad photos, and filling out the forms for the grad dinner and safe grad night, as well as ordering flowers to send for mom and MIL for Mothers' Day. Told hubby I'll take my flowers after I get home, since I leave that morning, or I'll find myself some I really like .

Speaking of son #1, he is accepted to the university here, which is where he had decided to go. So will be living at home, can continue his job, and stay with his buddies. And it's only 10-15 min from our house. He's happy.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Ouch! Doesn't sound like fun at all

Thanks for the Grad Photo reminder, I totally forgot about that!

Congrats on Son#1's university acceptance!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Wow, makes the whole breast MRI thing sound fun!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Wow, makes the whole breast MRI thing sound fun!
    Ha, having had one mammogram, I'm not sure I'd say that!! Noninvasive yes, but nasty regardless.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    All the girly tests are total crap. They just are. But it beats the alternative.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Total crap, indeed.

This past week I've been using son #1's glutamine nightly, mixed in with my Natural Calm. My purpose was for minimizing muscle soreness after workouts, which it's very good for. Interestingly, I've noticed a definate decrease in sweet cravings. I've read about using glutamine specifically for this purpose (is even noted as one of the uses on the container), but never thought about it too much. "Food" for thought.

Don't recall what I ate for lunch yesterday, but the day included bone broth, something very primal for lunch, and then 2 pepperoni sticks and a chunk of havarti after the gyne experience. As a result I wasn't interested in dinner. I grilled some chicken breasts for the boys, and nibbled on maybe the amount of 2 tenders. Later less than 1/4 of a beef/lamb burger with tzatziki, and another slice of havarti. And a large glass of wine. The cramps demanded it.

Left work early for car servicing today, dropped the car off and walked the mile home, then walked back when it was ready. Managed to clean the kitchen, so laundry, clean a bathroom and sort some mail in the meantime. Was planning on getting started packing/prepping for next week's trip, but wasn't in the mood. There's always tomorrow . Hmm, didn't Annie sing that??

My beef bone broth that finished last night is my best ever. Grass fed bones with some meaty bits, a package of beef feet, onions, carrot, celery, black peppercorns, thyme and rosemary. Yummy.

Today's eats:
    coffee
    bone broth
    L: (eaten at 1030 as I was hungry) radishes, grape tomatoes and grilled chicken breast dipped in tzatziki
    pepperoni stick, few pecans
    D: 2 fried eggs, bacon, leftover baked potatoes fried in duck fat, half a small avocado.
    glass of wine.