Page 197 of 279 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2786

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 197

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you enjoyed Florida.

How's Son #2 like his job?
    How's Son #1 like having Son #2 at his job?
    How's your knee?

Is it spring in Manitoba yet? Or do you still have snow?
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, Florida was pretty great! I don't often get work trips to such great locations. Not complaining. Looking forward to the conference in Chicago mid May, the hotel is right downtown, so hopefully some shopping is in my future.

Son #2 is mostly liking the job after 2 training shifts. I'm sure he'll like it even more once he receives his first paycheque! Tomorrow night is an 8 hour shift, so that will be the real test, 7pm till closing/3am or so. Son #1 seems quite fine with having his little brother there, though he says #2 needs to get faster. I'm sure he's doing just as well as #1 was doing after 7 hours on the job! He did buy #1 a meal with his comp (which he now has as a shift supervisor) on Tuesday, and says he will do the same tomorrow.

Spring is fickle in Manitoba so far. A few warm days last week, temp was 0 all day today, but supposed to be +20 on Monday. Weird. The longest wait for spring of the 7 years we've been here, plus the 5 years we lived here previously. Flooding is coming soon, as the Red River is cresting in Fargo ND, and heading this way. Not expected to be as bad as a few years ago. At least we're in a dry part of the city, so no personal worries. No idea when the yard will be ready for gardening.

Once again, was up later than planned last night, and was rudely awakened by my pager before 5 am. Several calls later, at 545, decided to put on the coffee and head in the shower before hubby, as it was pointless to try to sleep for less than another hour. Into work early, lots to do as a result of the urgent page. Thought I'd leave early, but it took till nearly the normal end of day to get all things sorted out. I was feeling pretty tired in the afternoon. No gym time, either.

Oddly, the knee felt pretty much fine all day, though later on started intermittently being uncomfortable. I'm feeling clicking in the knee with bending, and it seems to be "catching" on occasion, which is kind of painful. This is a lot like when I had the meniscus tear several years ago, which ended up with a partial meniscectomy surgery 4 years ago. If it's not resolved after the weekend, I think I really should go see my doc for a look.

Eats:
    black coffee
    mate tea with a bit of stevia
    bone broth
    tuna with mayo, olives, dill pickles
    few pecans
    a few small slices of leftover steak
    dinner will be wild salmon and scallops with a side of broccoli
    cider.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I would definitely eat all of your food today. Would love to tuck into some tuna and pickles. Alas, I am at work and there is no tuna here.

Hope your knee behaves. I have a little discomfort in my right knee, I have a feeling it is arthritis. I haven't done anything about it because I can't face the cost, either in time or in money. Especially because it is discomfort, not pain, and I have a feeling nothing can be done anyway. I don't want to spend $1500 for nothing. Everything is so expensive here.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Yes, I'm lucky that all my medical costs are covered by work, as the military does that on both sides of the boarder. I really hope it's not the meniscus, as I don't relish the idea of surgery again. Not to mention how that would hugely impact activity for a good while.

Ah, the foods. They were good, but forgot a few things. There was a plum with and toasted coconut flakes after lunch. And in the mid afternoon fatigue from the early morning, and the pressure of the work I was furiously doing, I gave in to the call of peanut butter cups. I wasn't even hungry, but thought I needed the sugar boost. It actually made my belly feel not so nice. Figures. Oh, and perhaps the sugar led to the tsp of local raw honey as well. I was still involved with on call stuff till nearly 7 pm, and was "needing" something before dinner.

With dinner, I whipped up a hollandaise sauce (from the PB sauces cookbook). Easy peasy, extremely tasty, and totally tied the salmon/scallops and broccoli together. Have some leftover, not sure how it will keep, but it's tucked away in the fridge for weekend eggs. I'd highly recommend making it.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 05-03-2013 at 09:25 PM.

A lovely day, 14C, probably the warmest we've had so far this barely starting spring. Did an hour of yardwork, but lots has to wait until things dry up a bit, which should happen this week.

I slept for nearly 10 hours last night! Obviously needed it.

Grocery restocking and errands.

Son #2 survived his first full shift, and son #1 said he did a decent job.

Eats:
    coffee
    few pecans, 2 pepperoni sticks, a plum, 2 large strawberries
    D: striploin steak, mushrooms, asparagus, peppers, baked potato with sour cream. Cider and wine.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 05-04-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Son #2 survived his first full shift, and son #1 said he did a decent job.
    Having boys, I know that's high praise indeed!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Having boys, I know that's high praise indeed!
    I figured as much .

Lovely day today, got in more yardwork. My growing beds need work, I'm working on a plan for veg (in boxes), herbs, and perennials. Lots to be done, there could be a huge amount if I was ready to spend as much cash as necessary, but I think this year will be a half way effort. Nice to see the beginnings of my chives sprouting. That's about it thus far. And the backyard is completely full of bunny droppings from the winter. I'm not impressed. Hubby and I were pondering whether putting one of the butchered bunnies from the freezer case in the grocery store on a stake in the yard would deter the cousins...

A trip to the bulk store and Walmart early in the day before gardening. Oh, what excitement.

Eats:
    coffee
    1 pm: leftover fatty steak bits with 3 soft boiled eggs and the last of the hollandaise
    a rum & zevia in the sunshine on the back deck
    D: 2 small grass fed beef/pastured lamb burgers topped with homemade tzatziki, roasted red peppers, feta, red onion, tomato
    wine

I do believe a fried banana is in my immediate future

Hubby is away all this upcoming week, the following week I'm away, then he's away for half the next week.

My plan for this week is no alcohol until Friday, or at least limited to only one, which will only be at the end of the evening if it seems right, so as to not lead to another. That has definitely been my major issue of late.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    My landlord worked tirelessly in the yard for two weeks, cleaning up the garden, putting in a new raised bed, and finally planting peas and some fine looking tomatoes that he started from seed months ago. I fear that he was much too soon with the tomatoes, as they look very, very sad this morning. I have heard - and generally seen it in practice - that anything frost-sensitive can't go out until May 30. It has been quite cold at night, at least for awhile and I am afraid the tomatoes are lost. This is really sad for me as I am welcome to help myself to the garden produce.

I've been limiting myself to one small glass of wine consumed with dinner, and that's working really well. For some reason my desire for it has waned and most of the time I'm not having any. Don't know why this happened, but I'm not arguing.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A decent workout midday

pullups (with bands)
    OHP 45 x 8, 55 x 5 for 2 sets, 60 x 5 for 2 sets, 55 x 8
    squats 45 x 10, 95 x 8 for 2 sets, 115 x 5 for 2 sets, 95 x 8
    bench press 45 x 10, 65 x 5, 75 x 5, 80 x 5 for 2 sets, 65 x 8
    planks front x 90 sec, sides x 40 sec

Finally a beautiful day, 25C and sunny. Back in the yard after work for over an hour worth of raking, got most of the front yard done before I pooped out. Just the part in the very front of the yard where there's a lot of sand piled up from the snowbanks left to do. 2 loads of laundry, vaccuuming, and I was done for the night. Told the boys to deal with the leftover burgers. I'll cook a proper dinner tomorrow.

Eats:
    coffee
    bone broth
    L: steak, mushrooms, a small baked potato, sauerkraut
    mate tea
    D: rather late. crispy pork belly slices and radishes.

I decided I earned a cold cider after the yardwork, it was mighty fine on the deck while all sweaty and sore. And I did have a glass of wine later on, but that's done for the night.

In fact...goodnight. I have that endometrial biopsy tomorrow. What fun. Not.