Page 196 of 269 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2682

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 196

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    How's Son #1's ankle?

Florida? Nice!

I'm going to check out that MobilityWOD blog.

I would have loved to learn from Gokhale's daughters!

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I'm longing for spring.
    Then don't look at the photos I just posted

Food conversations with sons are worth staying up late
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    So, are you going to Mexico?
    We're hoping to. Going to factor it in to our next year budget and work holiday time. Think you can convince your Farmer??

How's Son #1's ankle?
    Still swollen, but better. Very little bruising, which surprised me, so not so bad.

Then don't look at the photos I just posted
    Ah, you made me look! Lovely to discover all the new things in your new yard! Now I'm jealous!!

Agreed. Actually, it started out about psychology, as he is studying that, and evolved into a bunch of other stuff. And #2 is pretty sociable with us as well recently, I think his girlfriend has helped his mood. And of course, the upcoming new job.

Funny, since Tues morning, the scale was down 3 lbs today. Of course, it was up a bit, but is a smidge below last week. I've been heavy on portion sizes lately, snacking (and chocolate) had snuck in, and of course, a few drinks here and there add up. While away, it was all good foods, just a lot of them! Anyway, I'm on the right track.

No gym again today, but that's okay. I'm still jumping on the pullup bar when I go by it.

More laundry on the go this evening, and a good start on packing for next week. I think the boss will let me go by noon tomorrow, so time to finish up and have a nice evening with hubby, as I'll need an earlyish bed for the early flight. The boys are off school tomorrow, so think they're both headed out for the evening, so peace and quiet for a reasonable bedtime for me. Hubby will be home mid morning, then heading into work for the rest of the day.

Eats:
    black coffee
    matcha tea
    bone broth
    L: lamb liver pate & cream cheese on celery
    more matcha tea
    D: pork chop and roasted brussel sprouts
    glass of wine

I had a chocolate/sweet craving after lunch, but had tea instead with stevia. There was a chocolaty flavour to the tea, which helped. I have been wanting a chocolate banana mug cake the past few days, but have been too full in the evenings to bother. Dinner was not large and was early today, so I will make it today .

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    HA! Typo, that was supposed to say GOOD conversations

Think you can convince your Farmer??
    idk, it would be awesome! Any idea of the dates?

Funny, since Tues morning, the scale was down 3 lbs today.
    Congrats on the 3 lbs!

I have been wanting a chocolate banana mug cake the past few days, but have been too full in the evenings to bother. Dinner was not large and was early today, so I will make it today .
    I make mine as morning muffins! As soon as I get up I mix them up, throw them in the oven (I like them better that way) they bake while I shower and get dressed. They are ready when I'm ready to leave. I take them in the car and eat them on the way to work (when I have a job)
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Hi, waving as you go past Orlando!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

The boss let me go at noon today to sort things out before my trip. Did a few errands and picked up stuff I needed, left the week's groceries for hubby to deal with . All packed and ready to go for a 440 am cab pickup. Ugh.

Eats:
    coffee
    bone broth
    3 pm: few macadamia nuts, slice of pork chop
    D: ribeye steak, mushrooms, peppers, baked potato, wine

Looking very much forward to the upcoming week. Not just for the location, but will be great from the work perspective too.

Arrived home on Saturday in time for supper. Yesterday was relaxing and regrouping, and took today off to get sorted out. Groceries, laundry, errands, etc, the usual stuff. And I've made mayo and have 2 chickens in the pot to start bone broth and have the meat shredded for the next few days of lunches and such. Hubby's finally interested in the idea of bone broth, despite his turning his nose up at it over the past year that I've been making it fairly regularly. That's good, but means I'll have to make more!

The trip was rather busy. Unbelievably, I had a beachfront room in the hotel. Florida's Emerald Coast, miles and miles of powdery white sand beaches, and not particularly crowded at all the early. Extremely enjoyable. Most of the activities for the exercise we were observing were late afternoon into late evening, which makes sense as these were mostly special forces types. That left time to sleep in and get a long beach walk, barefoot of course, before meeting up mid to late afternoon to "start" our day. Back to the hotel late, after 1 am a couple of days. This also meant supper was something either fast food when we had the chance, or packed snacks that didn't need refrigeration. I did end up eating chocolate and some potato chips late at night with a glass of wine in my room when it was too late to grab anything else. Overall, no weight change either way. I'm good with that. Only 3 nights did we get a chance for a proper supper, where I indulged in the fresh seafood. Cobia, grouper twice, and gulf shrimp. Very good.

It finally started warming up at home last week, so the snow is gone, aside from places where it was piled or drifted up. Far too early to start yardwork since the ground is super wet. Within another week or so, if the weather continues to be good. Hubby joined me for a 4+ mile walk yesterday afternoon, first of the season for here. Sunny, mid teens (low 60s?) and very windy.

I've ordered some grass fed beef and pastured pork, which I'll be picking up late this afternoon. I've had stuff from this farm before, and it's very good. Been a while since I've stocked up on the good stuff.

Nice to be home, and see spring finally starting.

As for spring, I seem to have spoken too soon. Rain and snow mix today. Ugh.

Busy catch up day at work, lots of emails requiring attention, reports, and so on. The usual. Hit the gym to lift properly for the first time since PrimalCon. Went a bit lighter on the weights, but more reps per set. I'm feeling it, particularly from the squats.
    I saw a guy using bands for pullups for the first time today, I never could figure out how to use them, perhaps I'll give that a go instead of the assisted pullup machine next time. Kelly Starett at PrimalCon said to stay away from that machine, as it really doesn't do a good job for what the movement should properly be.

Assisted pullups & chinups for 3 sets of 5
    OHP dumbbells 15 x 8, 20 x 8 for 3 sets
    squats 45 x 12, 95 x 8 for 3 sets, 65 x 12. Adjusted form based on what I learned in California, it felt good.
    benchpress 45 x 5, 65 x 8 for 3 sets, 75 x 5 for 2 sets
    plank front x 2 min, sides x 45 sec

Received an email notice that I'm on a team for the rec ultimate frisbee league on Monday nights. Supposed to start next week, but may be delayed, due to the wet (barely melted and half frozen) fields. Should be fun, though a bit intimidating. I have no idea who the other people on the team are, and am thinking they might all be a lot younger than I. But that's okay.

Son#2 is working his first shift today, after a 3 hour orientation shift last week. Son #1 is also working tonight, and will be training his brother. They're both cool with that. Younger son did the online learning for new employees, including safe food handling and so on, and seemed eager to hear his brother's tips on what he needs to be doing with hints on doing it well. Nice to see. They're both working Friday night for 8 hours as well.

Eats:
    coffee
    green tea
    bone broth
    L: chicken salad with homemade chipotle mayo, a raw green bell pepper
    chocolate coconut butter
    herbal tea
    8 pecan halves
    D: browned grass fed ground beef/pastured pork with mushrooms on half a sweet potato, half a cup of buttered rice
    glass of wine

Working at staying away from crappy sweets this week, since they crept back in while away. Curbed the craving last night with a chocolate banana mug cake (topped with mascarpone & fresh berries) and today with the coconut butter. So far so good.

I also need to sort out my sleep pattern again. Last week's late working nights with sleep ins has left me out of sync. Up late since getting home, and of course, today I'm tired. Earlier tonight for sure.

As for hot flashes, they come and go. One night while away I awoke sweating like a rabid animal. Fortunately only the once. Several lesser night episodes. Odd ones during the day randomly but not too long. One hit just as I was changing for my workout today, which was not particularly pleasant. I'm going to ask the gynecologist next week when I have that biopsy done about the herbal stuff.

Ahh, decent DOMS in the legs from yesterday's squats. And knee pain. While away, I started having a lot of stiffness in my right knee, which I attributed to lots of standing plus walks on the beach right on the water's edge, so sloping surface. It was a bit better, but tonight, after sitting down for a while with legs up on an ottoman, I started having a lot of pain behind the knee. Did some googling, no real conclusions, but some self massage and mobility work has eased it up a bit. Rather annoying. If it doesn't improve in a few days, it's enough discomfort to get it looked at.

Ultimate spring league start has been delayed by a week due to field conditions. Of course, I'm out of town in 2 weeks for the first expected game, in Chicago for a conference. Ah, well. More time for the knee to sort itself out, I hope.

Foods:
    black coffee
    green tea
    bone broth with butter (oh yeah, tasty with butter)
    L: jellied pork hocks, dill pickles, green olives
    coconut butter with cocoa powder - ooh, good idea
    pecans
    D: small salad of romaine, green pepper, red onion, balsamic vinaigrette with grilled sirloin
    couple glasses of wine

The knee is still sore on and off, but not constant, and doesn't seem to be related to activity. Or rather, it is worse with sitting, or holding the knee in one position for a long time. Hmm. At times I'm limping when I walk, other times is fine, just a tad stiff. Decided to go ahead with the gym, and had a very good workout. No real issues with the knee at the gym, but tonight it's stiff and sore again. Decided to take some naproxen.

Tried using the bands for pullups. The thickest one made it too easy, so I chose the medium one. Able to keep proper form with legs long and no kipping type movements. I'll use this from now on when at the gym at work.

Assisted pullups (band) 3 sets of 8
    deadlifts 95 x 8, 115 x 5 for 2 sets, 135 x 5 for 2 sets
    OHP barbell 45 x 8, 55 x 5 for 2 sets, 60 x 5 for 2 sets, 55 x 8
    bench press 45 x 10, 65 x 5, 75 x 5 for 2 sets, 80 x 5 for 2 sets, 65 x 8
    planks front x 105 sec, sides x 45 sec
    Incline treadmill walk - incline of 7 and 8 - for 15 min with a 5 min cool down

Had a major sweet craving mid afternoon, but managed to keep it at bay with tea. Actually, I haven't had chocolate since returning from my trip, aside from some good cocoa powder, which is totally fine. Not doing as well with avoiding the wine, however.

Eats:
    black coffee
    green tea
    bone broth with a bit of butter
    L: jellied pork hocks with dill pickles and green olives
    white tea
    6 pecan halves
    D: 3 egg omelet with steak, mushroom, arugula, red onion & goat cheese topped with half a small avocado
    banana fried in butter with cinnamon, a splash of maple syrup and a few walnuts topped with mascarpone. OMNOMNOMNOM.
    rum & zevia.