Page 195 of 274 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 2740

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 195

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    PRIMALCON!!! (I was so excited I had to retype it three times.) I can't wait to hear all the details, nothing is too small or insignificant to mention! Have a GREAT time!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    This morning we were rudely awakened by the house security alarm going off at 515 am. The kids left the back door unlocked and it sits a little loose, so the wind might have rattled it enough to seem "open". Not fun. Of course, once it was all settled, I was DAMN HOT, and couldn't get back to sleep. Radiating heat in the middle, yet my arms were chilly out of the duvet with the ceiling fan on. Then raging heat again on the drive to work, and a couple of times through the day. And again on the way home. Had the fan on cold and all windows open with outside temps of -1C. Completely uncalled for. If this was going to start up, why the hell not when it was -40 and it would have been useful???

Regardless, I'm tired this evening. And Siobhan, what you hypothesized in your journal about bedtime fun leading to no night heat? Not so much here. Miserable fail.

Wasn't up for gym today, plus lots going on at work, with taking a few days off, then only 4 work days next week and I'm off for a week's work trip (but to Florida, so not so bad ).

Eats:
    coffee
    green tea
    bone broth, carnitas undressed, coconut yogurt with berries & toasted coconut flakes, mini carrots
    a small chocolate bar
    pepperoni stick
    2 chicken thighs
    cider

Tonight will be packing toiletries for the trip, plus laundry. And prepping a few things for the boys. Took son #2 to buy work pants and shoes, then a Walmart run for other household stuffs.

Definitely bed earlier tonight. Too tired to imagine otherwise.

2 more sleeps!!
    Last edited by Greensprout; 04-09-2013 at 07:51 PM. Reason: seemed to have forgotten the chocolate

Ah, I'm so excited!!

All packed, and showered. Flight is stupid early, so we're up at 415 am. Ugh. And yes, winencandy, carry ons only. Still likely overpacked. But there's still room in both carry on bags, so not so bad.

Fly to LAX via Calgary, bus to the Amtrak station, train to Oxnard. All prebooked, courtesy of type A hubby. That's useful for some things .

Woo hoo

I hope you packed your camera! Have a fabulous time and tell us everything!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Suse is offline Senior Member
    woo hoo another primal con ey! Have fun.

Thought of you when I saw this competition link
    https://smithcollections.com/us/mms/...aland-and-fiji

I've been trying to pick you out of the pics posted on MDA today! I hope you can post some here.

Sitting at LAX waiting for our flight! It was a truly amazing weekend, what is on the blog post today is all true, but hardly captures it all. Totally agree about lightbulb moments going off all over the place. This year, compared to out last time in 2011, had what I'd say is a much more diverse group, young super fit ones, lots of those in 40s and 50s, and a good handful of older groks as well. Very cool to see.

To be honest, we took very few photos, were too busy "doing" to remember most of the time! I'm in a few of the photos on the main page, wearing a pink hoodie and black shorts. I would expect more stuff to follow, as they were filming almost all the time, including the ocean plunge, which yes, we did do!! Damn chilly, made the hot tub feel much nicer after!

Nearly everyone commented how much sleep we got over the weekend, such physically full days led to early nights with achy bodies. We had about 9 hours or even more sleep each night, and are feeling great. Good thing, since its a long day today, get home after 10pm and head to work early tomorrow.

One of the best take home parts of this for us was a renewed enthusiasm and motivation for this lifestyle. Hubby has committed to jumping fully in, and is even reading the 21 day guide as I type, rather than just listen to me and "do what she says". After all, we're in this for the long haul. Well, that plus having Mark sign my Primal Connection book was pretty cool, too!

More later, won't be catching up much till likely tomorrow night or later.

Oh, get this, Mark is looking into potentially for fall 2014 doing a larger PrimalCon in Mexico for 6 days, taking over an all inclusive resort for the week. And potentially room for 400+ people. I'd suggest starting to save up holiday time and funds now!!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Sounds wonderful!
    I'm SO jealous!
    About Primal Con AND Hubby jumping fully in!

So, are you going to Mexico?
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Home a bit after 11pm last night, the house was not a disaster, some tidying needed, but reasonable. The boys seem to have managed. Son #2's job orientation is being rescheduled, as head chef (who does the training) wasn't in as his dad had a heart attack. Maybe next weekend. Son #1 turned his ankle at soccer tryouts, so is hobbling around. He wouldn't let me properly assess it, as of course, it hurt when I touched it lightly. Yet he is managing to drive (it's his clutch foot), and weight bearing, still swollen but no bruising, so is probably okay without an xray. He did take tonight's expediting shift off, though did go into a work team meeting.

Back to reality today. Obviously up rather late, but felt not too bad today. No gym, lots to catch up on and I'm only there 4 days this week then away for all next week. Hubby goes away tomorrow till Friday morning, and I leave stupid early on Sat. But he goes to northern Alberta, I go to the gulf coast of Florida...HA.

More on PrimalCon. The presenters were a most amazing group. I had my tight hips worked on by Angelo dela Cruz (he has magic hands, I swear), one on one coaching on deadlift form from world class crossfit coaches, and was awed by Kelly Starrett's talk. I am definitely ordering his upcoming book "Becoming a Supple Leopard". We saw an advance copy, it is an amazing work. He's all about optimizing the full range of human movement, preventing injury, resolving pain and optimizing performance. I highly recommend taking a look, and also at his blog MobilityWOD. He's a huge muscled dude who moves with grace and unbelievable grace and flexibility, and trains world class professional athletes along with regular people. I was thoroughly impressed. And also some direct coaching on posture on the Gokhale method from Esther's daughters, we each actually bought one of the stretch sit back cushions. I learned so much, I still have to process it all! And remember to integrate all of it into my life. I'm so pleased that hubby was so enthused about it all, and is diving in head first while educating himself at the same time, which is a huge new step for him.

Of course, I'll see hubby only Friday evening after tonight until next weekend, then we're both home for a week and I'm off again to Chicago for a week long conference. Somewhere in there, I have to plan my spring garden too!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm longing for spring. According to the local news, today was our 38th straight day of below normal temperatures, and this is the latest start to spring in 141 years (measured by less than 10 days over 5C or 41F). Ugh. Lots of melting has gone on, but I'm still seeing loads of my yard covered by 2 feet of snow and higher in the drifted areas. Sigh.

Speaking of temperatures, I'm still flashing. I've turned the house temps down, and am often only in a tshirt rather than hoodie in the evenings. While away, one night I awoke to note that hubby was in the other bed in the room, when I asked about it in the morning, he said I was too bloody hot to stay in the same bed (2 queens in the room rather than a king). Weird indeed. I didn't feel that hot overnights. I am very hot right now, however (heheh, that sounds funny ).

More catch up stuff at work. No gym, but I've been remembering to do a pullup or two when I go into the basement and pass by the pullup bar. It's all good. Next week I'll be able to walk/run on the beach outside the hotel, which I'm very much looking forward to.

Eats:
    black coffee
    bone broth
    L: lamb liver pate & cream cheese on celery, a plum
    black tea with stevia
    D: large grilled pork chop with bacon fat roasted brussel sprouts, about a tbsp of rice.
    glass of red.

Was up late again last night, but at least there was a good conversation with son #1 involved. Energy not bad today, but tired tonight, so no reason not to get to bed at a decent hour. Dishes and laundry are done, now just relaxing down time.