Page 194 of 278 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2780

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 194

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the packing list
    It helps me to "see" what others pack.
    I'm trying to pack lighter, I really am.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Had a lot of overnight heating at night while away.
    Interesting. Reading this makes me wonder. The past 2 nights, I've woken around 3-4am and had to toss the covers off for about 10 minutes...hmmm

Not quite sure I'm ready for that...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Close to 8 hours of sleep, but still tired today. Obviously I'm in a deficit. Not good.

Work had a group PT session that was yoga today, so I participated. Not bad. Hips felt looser afterwards, so didn't feel right to do LHT or walking after that.

Eats:
    black coffee
    green tea
    L: 2 chicken thighs, tiny bit of potato, roasted cauliflower, 1 square of lindt 90%
    few pecans, tsp of maple syrup (seriously?), pepperoni stick
    D: butter sauteed salmon on salad, wine
    pepperoni stick, tsp of nutella
    wine, another pepperoni stick.

I can easily see the problem areas, yet am not dealing with them. Not so good.

8 1/2 hours of sleep. Urban foraging for groceries, including some good finds at the butcher shop. Son #2 said tonight's striploin steak was the best he's ever had, and hubby was a close second. Not sure I'd go that far but it was pretty damn good. Also picked up a 7.3 lb pork shoulder for carnitas tomorrow. I predict that will be gone in 2.5 to 3 days, at best.

I haven't been working much on my pullups in the last couple of weeks, but today paid attention to the pullup bar in the basement. Addressed it when I had to go down to get stuff. The last few trips I accomplished: 1 pullup plus 3 chin ups; 3 chinups, 2 pullups plus 3 chinups. Not bad. Might not be out of the question to reach the January goal of 10 pullups by the end of the year. Once I can get walking outdoors again, I will take advantage of the playground structures, there's always somewhere to do pullups there. I've gotten over looking odd doing so.

Eats:
    coffee, ham & eggs
    discount easter peanut butter chocolate nonsense
    pepperoni stick
    D: most of a striploin steak, mushrooms, 2 small baked potatoes, grilled asparagus, wine.

9 hours of sleep, weekends are good for that!

Reasonably productive day here. Cleaned my bathroom, plus the toilet in the powder room (son #2 had cleaned the room, but conveniently forgot to do the toilet...), vacuumed, carnitas are crisping in the oven making the house smell amazing, made ham & egg "muffins", made guacamole. Not too shabby. Still planning on making strawberries in berry sauce (got a bunch as the free bonus at the grocery, no, not organic, I can live with that today). Slice or quarter berries, place in bowl. Take the other half of the berries (good for ones with bits that need trimming) and place in blender, add healthy bunch of fresh squeezed lemon juice and sweetener of choice - good counterbalance to the tartness of the lemon. I used to use sugar, today I may use liquid stevia. Puree the heck out of it. Pour the berry sauce over the sliced berries. Slurp up ad lib or pour over whatever strikes your fancy (past selections have been ice cream, yogurt, coconut pancakes, use your imagination).

Been feeling VERY warm all day. And the past couple of nights. Way more than usual. And the same at work too, where I'm usually chilly. Not sure I like this. At all. A bit would be fine, but this is a bit much. Doing some reading, and considering the black cohosh, and possibly dong quai. I read in another thread that a lot of ladies are liking the dong .

The strawberries in the berry sauce sound wonderful!

Where is this thread?
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Where is this thread?
    I think it was this one.

Then berries turned out fabulous, as usual, with liquid stevia. Son #1 added some freshly whipped cream to his.

A suggestion for the carnitas: on the crisping up stage, after shredding, use the convection setting on your oven rather than bake, if you have it. Speeds up the crisping, and worked great. A major hit with all my boys. One made a wrap, hubby did romaine wraps, other son & I used a bed of shredded romaine.

The other day, we got in the mail a photo radar speeding ticket for my car...not me driving that night. Son #2 owes $285. Sigh. He still needs a job.

I had a nice long bath, not too hot, and opened the window above the tub and added cold water as the time progressed. Feeling very relaxed now, and the added epsom salts are a good thing.

Eats:
    coffee, sweet potato/egg pancakes, some topped with butter, others with almond butter & maple syrup (YUM), slice of ham
    pepperoni stick
    D: carnitas on a bed of romaine with guacamole, salsa, sour cream, cilantro, squeeze of fresh lime
    couple glasses of wine
    strawberries in strawberry sauce.

3 work days until we leave for California...yay

Hooray, son #2 has a job!! He started an orientation shift on Sunday at son #1's restaurant. Most excellent indeed. He was just about to go out tonight and hand in more resumes/applications, when he found out. And we have time to get him the pants and shoes he needs before we head out of town on Thurs. I really hope this works out for him, no reason it shouldn't aside from his own motivation. And son #1 will be among those training him, which no doubt has both positive and negative aspects. And this means he'll be able to pay back his speeding ticket...

Starting to pack for PrimalCon. Yay! We packed really light last time, and had plenty. Basically just need sports type comfy stuff, and layers as it got chilly later in the day and the evenings last time.

Didn't feel much like lifting today, walked 4.3 miles with a good incline on the treadmill instead. Decent enough. I know I'll get plenty of activity at the end of the week.

No berries in berry sauce left by morning, too bad, I wanted some for work. Guess not. It was about 3 lbs of berries total, good thing I had a serving last night.

Eats:
    coffee
    green tea
    L: 2 ham & egg muffins with a smidge of parmesan and cheddar, couple ounces of leftover steak & mushrooms, baby carrots
    more green tea
    D: carnitas, of course. On romaine wrappers with guacamole, salsa, sour cream, cilantro, squeeze of lime. Yum.

Congrats on Son #2's job!

Have a great time at Primal Con, I can't imagine how little you'll pack you'll probably just use a carry on, won't you?
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yep, I think a carry on will do, that's what we did last time. And you get 2 carry ons, so plenty of space for a few days, as long as you pair down the toiletries into mini containers. I've purged down to a lot of coconut oil, both for washing and moisturizing, so less stuff there. Crazy stuff.