Page 193 of 270 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2697

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 193

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sounds like a great getaway! I've never been to Nova Scotia, I should really go there. It's not even that far away.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Welcome home!

Siobhan, you really should! Cape Breton was my favourite part of our trip east last summer.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Sounds like a great getaway! I've never been to Nova Scotia, I should really go there. It's not even that far away.
    You really should! I traveled through a bit of Maine years ago, and there are a lot of similarities to Nova Scotia. There used to be a ferry from Bar Harbor to southern NS, I think it's still running.

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Love the hair!
    Thanks . It's actually lighter highlights than the photo shows. I'm getting used to the MUCH shorter length, the curl has come back with a vengeance with less length. Very interesting, and I'll have to play with that.

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    How much did you pack
    One pair of jeans plus 2 lightweight pants (wore the jeans once and the second pants only on the flight home) plus yoga pants for around the house, 3 long sleeved shirts plus another that I didn't wear, plus a sweater, as they keep their house cool. Jammies plus underthings. An unworn short sleeved t. Wore merrel trail gloves, used the vffs for beach walks, had a pair of leather mary jane flats that I didn't use. Lightweight down jacket/sweater that was worn daily. Basic toiletries. Overall evaluation = overpacked. I figured as much as I zipped up the suitcase. Oh, there was a light short robe, which was used, plus took crocs as house slippers (I don't have or use slippers at home, and needed them for the cool house). My feet are feeling not happy from not being barefoot around the house. If I lived in their 200+ year old home, I'd have soft sheepskin slippers. Too costly to heat as much as I'd like.

Got to bed around 11, awakened by a text from NS friends that came in at 640 am. Another text chimed in right then from son #2, which he had actually sent just after I went to bed that he was on the way home, but came in as a delayed send so I though he was just on the way home from girlfriend's house in the morning. I was not happy. Then phone rang from staffing office at the hospital (have they forgotten I don't work there on weekdays??), and I didn't get back to sleep so got up at 730. Of course, son #2 was in his bed, as he'd been home since 12.

I was tired today. Restocked grocery bits, browsed Winners (like TJ Maxx in the US), bought a pair of workout/yoga capris, a workout t, and found a super pair of mary jane style privo shoes for less than half price. Score!! Will be great for summer. I have a couple of other pair of this brand, and they're super comfy casual wear, and good with bare feet and walking lots. Lots of laundry done. I have grass fed beef bones simmering, with added "beef feet" slices found in the ethnic section of the grocery. Should be lots of extra collagen and gelatin in those weird bits.

While away, we had the best lobster I've ever had. Into the pot perhaps 6 hours after they were plucked from the Atlantic. Simply steamed, then dipped into lemon garlic butter, alongside steak. Heavenly. And being so fresh, those were feisty buggers going into the pot!

Back to work in the morning. Nice that it's only a 3 day week! And then only 3 days working next week before we head to California for PrimalCon!! That's creeping up crazy soon.

Are you going to be able to post from PrimalCon? Say yes! Please!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Can't remember if the hotel has Wifi, but possibly. Otherwise, my plan has not deal with US carriers for data roaming, so pretty damn costly. Mark (or worker bees) will have daily updates on the MDA main blog. We're in some of the photos from that 2 years ago!

Considering that I'm not going, I am ridiculously excited about PrimalCon!

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    I wanted to go to the one in Austin, but I've got class in Provo that week.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Very condensed workout today, got there and saw that the change room was closing for some repairs at 1230, so did an abbreviated workout. Plus there were workers in the weight room setting up new equipment, and their stuff was sprawled all over the bench press area .

squats 45 x 8, 95 x 5, 115 x 5 for 3 sets
    OHP 45 x 8, 55 x 5 for 2 sets, 65 x 3, 65 x 3, 55 x 5
    planks, leg raises.

Had a lot of overnight heating at night while away. One night, hubby said he awoke and found the sheets damp with me radiating heat, which alarmed and disturbed him. Says he tucked the sheets all around me to "contain it" and scooted to the other side of the bed. I'm not so sure it was that bad, as I slept undisturbed that night and woke with minimal damp jammies. Lately I've been needing my upper half outside of the duvet, which is unusual for me. Lovely. Not so much.

Last Saturday, I had the best lobster ever in my life. We cooked it no longer than 6 hours after it came off the fishing boat. Neighbour of our friends has a friend whose husband is a lobster fisherman, and was out that day. Those crustacians were feisty, not like the ones from the grocery tank! And extremely tasty alongside grilled steaks and salad.

Today's eats:
    coffee
    green tea
    L: bone broth, potatoes with acv and wild garlic sea salt
    small bar of 72% chocolate. Obtained for free as a birthday bonus from a local shop. Belly felt off afterwards. Ugh.
    couple of pecan halves
    D: fried ham - I baked a huge lovely ham yesterday - roasted cauliflower, brussel sprouts, mushrooms
    rum & zevia
    a pepperoni stick

Still kind of bloaty from the extra foods on the trip. She made breakfast early daily, which is not my norm, but I had it anyway. Pretty much just breakfast and then large dinner, but a bowl of mixed nuts was always out, plus a bit of chocolate and of course, lots of wine and cocktails. Working at keeping to the basics this week.

Might not fit in gym at work tomorrow, as I'm in a working group thing all day. I should aim to make it to yoga again, my hips are feeling extremely tight after the beach walks, sitting in the car for exploring the NS coastline, and airline travel. Should pull out the foam roller tonight before bed, which needs to be soon.

Foam roller for a few minutes helped last night, need to repeat today.

7 1/2 hours of sleep, but woke up with a sore throat. Bah. Long day in a working group, so no opportunity for gym time, and was feeling pretty tired by the time I was on the way home. Lots accomplished on a big project, however, so this is good. I think I need more sleep tonight. Not think, rather, I know I do.

Feeling rather blah this evening. Did a few more loads of laundry (there's always a ton!), strained my bone broth, which is dark and lovely. Nearly 4 litres, so good for a while. There's only one small jar of chicken broth left in the freezer, so it was needed. I like to take about a cup to work in a jar to have either mid morning or with lunch, just add sea salt after heating as I don't add it during the cooking.

Eats:
    black coffee
    green tea
    L: ham, cheese, pickles, bone broth, one square of Lindt 90%
    few pecans and a pepperoni stick before prepping dinner
    D: 3 small roasted chicken thighs, roasted brussel sprouts, half a cup of rice
    a hard cider

Did I mention that son #1 has repaid his car loan in full? He's thrilled that now his earnings are now all his own. Yesterday he treated himself to a shopping trip for new clothes and a nice watch. He was pleased to dress in new jeans, a nice shirt and the watch for school today, rather than his usual school attire of sweats. He trimmed his "beard" , or rather the growth along the jawline, and looked rather good, hehehe.