Page 192 of 269 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 2682

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 192

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I spend way too much time thinking about my hair. I'm with you on the either long enough to easily and neatly wear up or really short. Mid lengths are just too much maintenance for me, although they can be very flattering. I have a lot of those most-welcome-new-hairs also, and I am trying to go without dye, letting it go gray. Harumph. I might get it all cut off very short at the end of the summer to facilitate this, but it is just too easy to pony it or pin right now, especially with swimming. I have discovered, somewhat to my surprise, that many men really like ponytails. On women, I mean. Go figure.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Okay, I made some change. Colour and highlights are brightened up and a few shades lighter for the upcoming spring (I think it's coming sometime soon) and greys covered. Chopped off about 6 or probably more like 8 inches of hair and now have bangs. Yes, ladies, I'll aim to put up a photo tomorrow. Feels ridiculously light with all that length taken off. Stylist agreed the baby hairs are new growth all over, not breakage, aside from a bit from putting the length up daily. It's now around shoulder length. Anyway, I like it.

Gym today was a 4.3 mile very brisk treadmill walk.

Ha, I decided to eat potatoes today. Strangely satisfying, and minimal cravings for bad chocolate.

Eats:
    black coffee
    830: smallish baked potato with acv & wild garlic sea salt
    green tea
    100: 2 baked potatoes with a bit of bone broth, bone broth
    5pm: pepperoni stick, one slice of bacon, 7 chicken wing drumettes, 4 pecans
    probably will have another nibble in a bit. vodka soda with lime.

Day off tomorrow to get stuff prepped for the boys while we're away. Aiming for a visit to the gym as well, laundry, packing, and precooking stuff after stocking up on teenager easy foods.

the new look
    Attached Images Attached Images

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Great! It must have been really long to still be so long without 8 inches of length. The color looks wonderful, rich and soft.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Gym time:

assisted pullups 6, 5, 5
    squats 45 x 8, 95 x 8 for 2 sets, 115 x 5 for 2 sets, 125 x 5 for 2 sets
    OHP dumbbells 40 x 5, 50 x 5 for 4 sets
    bench press 45 x 6, 65 x 5, 75 x 5 for 2 sets, 80 x 5 for 2 sets
    planks front x 60 sec, sides on hand & feet x 30 sec, front moving elbows to hands then down x 10, then 45 sec on elbows
    treadmill walk x 30 min

Ran into son #1's buddies there, mine didn't go today as he claims he's too sore from yesterdays heavy lifting.

Need to start packing for the early flight tomorrow! After dinner.

BJDMINN is offline Member
    Hi GS,
    Love the hair! So pretty on you. Have fun in Nova Scotia! Loved it when we were there a few years ago. Some of my favorite vacation spots are in Canada.

Sounds like LHT is going well and your food sounds as awesome as ever. Have a great trip!

Thanks, Siobhan, and nice to "see" you back, BJD.

The hair feels sooo short, but still goes easily into a pony. Big change. Might keep it around this length till after summer, then go shorter. Always an option. Ponytail is a good idea for summer, rather than having to style every day in the heat.

Pretty much packed, burgers and chicken cooked for the boys for a few days worth (6 chicken breasts and 14 hand made grilled burgers). They should be set as far as food goes. This will be the longest we've left them without direct supervision. With one nearly 18 and the other not far behind, they should be able to manage fine and not do anything too stupid while we're gone. Am hoping so, anyway. Gotta happen at some point.

Looking very much forward to the trip. I haven't been back to Nova Scotia since we moved from there in 1997. Lived in Halifax for 6 years in my 20s, and both kids were born there. We're going to Liverpool, an hour and a bit from the city down the East coast. Friends bought a huge heritage house for retirement, no downsizing there!! Bathing suit packed for the hot tub, and am expecting a large amount of fantastic foods (think awesomely fresh seafood!) and drink. Probably an overabundance of the latter. And there are hikes planned for the daytimes, which is cool. Hopefully not too chilly for the VFFs, as that's what I'm planning on using.

Eats:
    coffee
    2 small baked potatoes with acv and wild garlic sea salt
    pepperoni stick, handful of pecans
    D: large spinach salad with fresh made primal ranch dressing, 2 small burgers topped with gouda & ranch.
    rum & zevia.

I wanted to make a banana chocolate mug cake, but I'm still full from dinner, so alas, it will have to wait.

Up early tomorrow, I think the cab is coming at 7am, then over 5 hours of flying with an hour stop in Toronto. Must remember to leave out the boy's Easter chocolate before we leave. Just a few small bits. When we asked them if they minded if we were away for Easter, they said "no problem, just leave chocolate"...

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Love the hair!
    Have a great time in NS.

How much did you pack

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    When we asked them if they minded if we were away for Easter, they said "no problem, just leave chocolate"...
    Hahahaha!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I'm back!

A completely fantastic few days in Nova Scotia. Lots of great primal foods (though an overabundance of them), walks on the beach, touring the area, very late nights, and copious quantities of adult beverage, sunshine in abundance, and evenings in the hot tub. Toured 3 local wineries and consumed foraged liquids.

The boys seem to have managed well. The house is reasonably tidy, most of the chore list accomplished, and the foods I left were well utilized. Car seems unscathed, nothing suspicious or out of the ordinary located. Maybe they're starting to get it?? And son #1 handed over last paycheques so his car loan from us is now paid in full. Nice. Son #2 had second interview at son #1's restaurant, and should hear back soon. Keeping fingers crossed.

Pretty tired tonight, full report to follow. Glad we took tomorrow off too to get sorted out before heading back to work on Wed.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Glad you are back and the home is still standing!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html