Page 191 of 264 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 2637

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 191

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks for the heads up on the Healthy Summit. I listened to part of the last one, it was great.

Happy Birthday! Do you have a local place that delivers something upscale? When I lived in the city I liked things like that, of course I was SAD back then.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Was up late, but had a bit of a sleep in, not too much as I got son #2 off to school. 7 1/2 hours of sleep.

Hit the gym for
    assisted pullups
    squats 45 x 8, 95 x 5 for 2 sets, 115 x 5 for 2 sets
    OHP dumbells 40 x 5, 45 x 5 for 2 sets, 50 x 5 for 3 sets
    bench press 45 x 8, 65 x 5, 75 x 5 for 3 sets, 65 x 8.

Then home for quick shower and off to the massage. It was very good. Well worth the $. After discussion, he focused a lot on the hips/glutes/hamstrings, and found a bunch of calf tightness as well. Knotted spots in upper back have been de-knotted. And a few good hamstring and hip stretches. I'd go back there again if the need arises. Of course, most of the massages I've had in the past have been spa type ones (though usually with RMTs), all soft lighting, new age sounds and wafting floral/herby scents in the room. This was much more basic, as it's a sports massage clinic. Down to business, and effective at that.

After the massage I wanted to just nap, but there was some stuff to be done.

All I've eaten today thus far is 2 black coffees, lots of water, and some Costco young thai coconut. Have the goods for a steak meal with hubby tonight. Son #1 is working, #2 has plans to be out.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    I have found a regular massage is well worth the money for keeping my back and shoulders less tight.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Happy Birthday to me. I'm now 45, so have concluded that I'm halfway to being old . I have one Grannie still living who's 93 or 94, and doing well, so I'm thinking I may not be too far off base here.

Decided not to do a dinner out after all. There is a delivery service for some of the high end places, but decided to forgo that as well. Plus next week we're going to the East Coast, so will have plenty of good foods coming up. Picked up prociutto, spicy cured cacciatore salami, triple cream brie, gouda, havarti, dates, melon, berries, grapes, goat cheese and such, and will do a tapas of sorts. And there's always bacon for wrapping whatever demands a bit of salty smoked goodness. Put a saved bottle of one of my favourite wines to chill, a 2006 Pinot Gris from Grey Monk Estate winery in BC. I found my birthday cake: a gluten free bakery in town supplies one of the organic markets I occasionally hit up. Found a lovely looking little gluten free lemon cake, which I'm looking forward to. Also splurged on a tiny gluten free butter tart form the same bakery, it was truly lovely. I always loved a good pastry crust, and this one hit the mark splendidly.

Last night post massage, my bum felt pretty sore, lots of work done in that area, which sounds rather funny to me. Today it feels much better. I'm glad I splurged.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I'm now 45, so have concluded that I'm halfway to being old
    HA! Love it!!!

Your dinner sounds like it will be lovely! Enjoy!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Happy Birthday! Nom nom!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Thanks ladies . The gluten free lemon cake was very good indeed. There's a small slice left for me for today. Nomnomnom. I included with the dinner the bacon wrapped smoked oysters from yesterday's MDA blog post. The bacon works extremely well with these. Well worth trying out.

Today I'm making progress on some household stuff. Cleaned and sorted/decluttered the family room, the clutter was mostly a bin full of my reading materials. Able to purge a bunch to the recycle bin. Cleaning floors, doing laundry. An exciting Sunday, hahaha.

Eats thus far have been coffee, 3 scrambled eggs with gouda and procuitto, some costco coconut. Am thinking hot wings plus a salad for dinner.

Woo hoo, only 2 days of work for me this week, a day to get the boys sorted out, then fly east on Thursday. I'm really looking forward to the visit, our friends moved a year ago, haven't had the chance to see them since. Even more awesome is that this is the couple who also started Primal the year we did, after we started sharing what was working for us.

Gym today was quite decent.

assisted pullups 3 sets of 5
    deadlifts 95 x 5, 115 x 5 for 2 sets, 135 x 5 for 3 sets
    OHP 45 x 5, 50 x 5, 55 x 5 for 3 sets
    bench press 45 x 5, 65 x 5 for 2 sets, 75 x 5 for 3 sets.
    planks front x 70 sec, sides on hand & feet (rather than elbow) 45 sec per side
    elliptical x 15 min, treadmill x 15 min.

Eats:
    black coffee
    bone broth
    L: gouda, havarti, brie, procuitto, a sweet potato
    milk chocolate caramels
    few pecans
    D: baked potato with butter & wild garlic sea salt, grilled pork sirloin, steamed broccoli

I think it's time to cut my hair. I've spent the last 3 years growing it out, and it's now the longest I've ever had, even from childhood. Bangs grown out as well, and the length is down to the bra strap in back. It's great in some ways, since it makes it easy to pin up for work, which of course, in uniform, needs to be neat and tidy, so no loose bun, extra clips or that sort of thing. Now it's getting rather heavy when up, plus all these crazy new hairs (I originally thought it was breakage, but definitely is not that) frizzing up all over make it not so tidy. When I'm not in uniform, I tend to just put it in a pony tail or loosely up, as it's a pain to deal with down. Plus when down, it tangles something fierce.

I have an appointment with my stylist tomorrow evening, and am going for a change. At the very least, I'll get some bangs. Not sure if I'm quite ready to cut it off to above the shoulders. Unless he can convince me otherwise. I won't do a mid way length, as it either has to be long enough to pin up easily and neatly, or short enough to wear down in uniform (not below the bottom of the collar). I've had it really short many times in the past, including very cropped just before growing it out.

Decisions, decisions. Ah yes, first world problems. Can you tell I've been mulling this over for a while?

Edit: I should add that the avatar photo is from May 2010, early in the starting to grow out phase.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 03-25-2013 at 08:19 PM.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    We'll need photos!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    ^x2. Can't make decision without pics!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html