Page 189 of 268 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 2679

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 189

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Still under the weather. I had to sit in a nearly 3 hour meeting this morning, where I spent the whole time shivering, and fighting to not cough, sneeze or snort and blow my runny nose repeatedly. Made it through, but it was a struggle. At least I had the answers to the General's questions about our project. I snoozed for about an hour after work.

No gym, and not particularly hungry today. So I skipped dinner. Son #1 has come down with the same virus, haven't actually seen him today as he gets up after we leave and had work right after school. He left a note from sometime in the night that he was up feeling congested and headachy, so was going to skip his one late morning class and then go in after lunch for a test. I think he works till 10 or a bit later, hopefully he's doing a bit better.

Eats:
    coffee
    bone broth
    L: potato soup and a few leftover pork ribs
    tea
    8pm: banana chocolate mug cake topped with berry fruit spread and mascarpone
    a glass of wine

Of course, I'm getting the dry flaky nose thing going on from all the nose blowing. And for some reason, sore flaky skin just below the corners of my lips, which is highly annoying. Slathering on the coconut oil liberally, but not sure that it's helping much.

This is the first time in about a year that I've been sick. It sucks. Unfortunately, being primal does not quite mean being invincible. But I'm working on it.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 03-12-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Cold symptoms are waning. Still there, but not as bad. I'll live .

Was working furiously on some deadlines at work today, when at noon the power in the building went out. Auxillary power came on, but no computers. I lost the lengthy email I had drafted (or I assume it's lost, anyway), at least the start of the other document was saved. Managed to find some hard copies of the references I needed and did some research until by 230, the boss said go home. Leaving early is good, but I had expected to get both of these things done today, and now HAVE to complete tomorrow. No gym today.

Had taxes done tonight. We had a rather nasty surprise that I owe a considerable bit, as the return of my severance pay from my transfer from the Reserves to Regular force duty bumped me to the next tax bracket. Ah well. At least we have till the end of April to pay it. Still annoying.

Eats:
    coffee
    B: tin of wild salmon
    L: chicken breast, kerrygold cheddar, dill pickles, one square of Lindt 85%
    D: pulled pork on a bed of romaine with tomato, avocado & sour cream
    reese pb cups
    glass of wine

Hit my deadlines today, and the big one for the boss only needs a few small adjustments, which I can do tomorrow. All is good.

Been managing 7-7 1/2 hours of sleep nightly this week. I still need more. Getting to bed earlier remains the issue. Tonight it will happen, as I have to be up earlier and at work early for a briefing. Then 2 more briefings to attend for the boss will take up much of my day. Bah.

Wasn't feeling much up to the gym today, plus I was pretty tied up with the reports that were due. I suppose a few days off while getting over this cold nonsense won't have a huge impact.

Eats:
    coffee
    green tea
    bone broth
    L: pulled pork, baby carrots, apple with almond/coconut butter blend
    D: veg/shrimp/scallop coconut curry over half a cup of rice. Very good. Hubby was impressed. All very quick to prepare with frozen packaged stir fry mixed veg and frozen seafood. And have leftovers for lunch.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Glad you made progress on projects. May need a couple of days off from the gym to recover from cold. Glad you are slowly feeling better.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I received my promotion today .
    EXCELLENT!!!!

Son #1 was presented with his own knife yesterday from his head chef, which is pretty cool.
    Very cool!

This is the first time in about a year that I've been sick. It sucks. Unfortunately, being primal does not quite mean being invincible. But I'm working on it.

reese pb cups
    You're "allowed" chocolate when you're sick

Any news on Son #2's job?
    Last edited by winencandy; 03-16-2013 at 03:53 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Not much going on here.

Yesterday lots of meetings at work, got stuff done, and all was well. Eats involved bone broth, leftover seafood curry with rice and a steak dinner with the usual fixins. And a few drinks.

Errands and groceries today, oddly, very little looked appealing in the meat category. I was looking, and looking hard, but the stuff just didn't look very nice. Will have to dig in the freezer and do some rethinking for the week's meals.

Son #2 finally had an update on the job interview. Son #1 says he spoke to the head chef, who did the interview, and said it went well, that #2 will be having a second interview soon with the general manager, but suggested #1 tell his brother to ditch the baggy clothes for the interview. Said he could look past it, but the GM will not. Funnily enough, he did choose his least baggy of the baggy style he wears for the interview. We'll make sure he's presentably for round 2. Apparently it's been quite busy at the restaurant, so there have been no new hires yet since the interview last week.

Son #1 is close to paying us back in total for his car loan. The original plan was 1 year, which would be end of June. After doing his tax return this week, he is on target to be totally paid off by end of April. Nice. We lent him $8k. The great think about his job, is that he has been banking all of his paycheques and using only his tip money for spending. Smart kid (about some things, anyway ) .

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Nice that the chef gave Son #1 the clothing tip for Son #2's 2nd interview.

Son #1 is close to paying us back in total for his car loan. The original plan was 1 year, which would be end of June. After doing his tax return this week, he is on target to be totally paid off by end of April. Nice. We lent him $8k. The great think about his job, is that he has been banking all of his paycheques and using only his tip money for spending. Smart kid (about some things, anyway ) .
    What a great responsible young man!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Nice that the chef gave Son #1 the clothing tip for Son #2's 2nd interview.
    Agreed. Hopefully it helps and he'll get the job. I told him I'll get him a proper pair of pants and shirt if nothing in the closet fits, as he'll need black pants for work if he gets hired. If not, he'll have something appropriate for the next interview.

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    What a great responsible young man!
    Most of the time I think so too. He's well into university planning, and though he's applied for a lot of schools, it is looking like he's going to stay home and go to University of Manitoba, which is 15 min from our house. This way he can sort out what he really wants to do, and may take a year off after first year to travel. Much less expensive than going to another province, for sure. Good thing we've been saving for this since they were babies.

Hubby is away until Tuesday. I actually had much of the day to myself, as son #1 went to work at 130, #2 went to a friends place at 2, and hubby left at 3. #2 came home for a few hours and dinner, then out again. I did some housecleaning, 4 loads of laundry, made toasted coconut, mayo, PB pumpkin muffins. Not a bad day.

So close to spring, as far as the calendar says, but we're getting 15+ cm of snow overnight and expecting blizzard conditions tomorrow. That truly sucks. Hopefully son #2 will have the driveway cleared by the time I get home from work, but no doubt I'll have to shovel some in the morning so I can get out of the driveway.

I realized the chocolate desires of the past week are likely related to today's cramps and impending TOM. Whatever.

Random eats today:
    coffee
    B/L: 3 egg omelet with mushroom, spinach, tomato, cheddar
    2 pumpkin muffins
    a couple of dark chocolate pecan caramel things
    small baked potato
    crispy pork belly slices.
    wine.

Looking forward to our trip to friends in Nova Scotia. We leave in 11 days.

Over 10 cm snow by the time I got up, and drifted in, so I had to do a quick driveway shovel of a path to get out for work. More snow through the day, so somewhere between 16 and 20 cm total (7-9 inches or so). Not nice at all.

Feels like I ate a lot today, though none of the quantities was particularly large.
    coffee
    B: 2 buttered pumpkin muffins, 2 slices crispy pork belly
    green tea
    bone broth
    L: chicken salad (chicken breast, homemade mayo, scallions, radish, orange peppers)
    4 handmade fresh Belgian chocolates (colleague had been in Germany for a conference last week)
    D: roasted parsnip fries, roasted cauliflower, bit of browned ground pork with spicy seasonings, rice

Feeling bloaty from TOM. This is an odd month. Started late, crampy, not much flow. Hormonal changes, I suppose.

Made it back to the gym after only one halfhearted workout during last week's sickness. Today was good.
    Assisted pullups
    squats 45 x 5. 95 x 5 for 2 sets, 115 x 5 for 3 sets
    OHP 45 x 5, 50 x 5 for 4 sets, 55 x 5
    bench press 45 x 5, 65 x 5, 75 x 5 for 3 sets, 80 x 5
    planks front x 120 sec, sides x 60 sec
    2 mile brisk treadmill walk (4.2 speed, 2% incline).
    Last edited by Greensprout; 03-18-2013 at 06:37 PM.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    I admire your dedication to exercise. I'm such a slug by comparison!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html