Page 188 of 270 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 2697

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 188

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Son #2 has the car out now, and says the new wipers are "serious". I think he means serious good.

My supervisor is transferred to her new job at the end of the week, I move officially into her position next week. No official work on the promotion, but it may even happen this week.
    Excellent!!

While in the locker room, I happened to notice her getting into the shower. She had the roundest, nicest bum I've seen. No sag, no flatness, no flabbiness. I was completely impressed. I want one of those!
    Hahaha!!
    me too...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Hubby is sick today. He came home before noon all achy, congested, sneezing and coughing, and slept. And he napped for 2 hours after I got home. I've megadosed him on Vit D and C, and left strict orders to not breathe toward my side of the bed tonight. Sure as hell hope it doesn't get me too, as there was plenty of opportunity for germ swapping last night . I also gave him a hot toddy tonight with honey, lemon, whiskey and cayenne. He drank it, but told me to never give it to him again .

On a better note, he told me last night that I've notably firmed up a lot all over. I'm quite sure my thighs are a tad larger, based on unrecorded measurements, but I notice the firming up as well. This is good.

Out to lunch to say farewell to my supervisor today, so gym was at the end of the workday.

Assisted pullups x 3 sets
    OHP 45 x 5, 50 x 5 for 4 sets, 55 x 5 for 2 sets
    deadlifts 115 x 5 for 2 sets, 125 x 5 for 2 sets, 130 x 5 for 2 sets
    bench press 45 x 5, 65 x 5, 75 x 5 for 2 sets, 80 x 5 for 2 sets
    hanging leg raises 10 x 2 sets

Eats:
    coffee
    green tea
    bone broth
    lamb liver pate with cream cheese
    L: chef salad - iceberg lettuce, turkey, ham, bell peppers, tomato, cheddar, blue cheese dressing
    D: roast beef with sweet potatoes.
    2 glasses of wine.
    taste of honey while making hubby's hot toddy

I received my promotion today . This time for "real"...I had it for a year "acting while so employed" while I was doing the backfill when I was still a Reservist, but now it's legit.

On a less pleasant note, hubby's germs have crept my way. Felt okay when I got up, aside from a gummy throat. Through the morning, I became fuzzy headed, chilly and then too warm, at least not particularly feverish, vaguely achy. Then an afternoon meeting that was supposed to last 2 hours went for more than 3, I was getting very weary, and was late heading home. And a long commute due to 2 stalled cars on my route. Bah. Hubby stayed home today. I'm considering the same for myself tomorrow, but will see how I feel in the morning.

Not surprisingly, I did not make it for a workout today.

Better news, son #1 got a job interview for son #2 at the restaurant he works at for tomorrow afternoon! Hope it goes well. That kid really needs a job. Several of #1's best buddies work in that kitchen too, whom #2 knows well. #1 was presented with his own knife yesterday from his head chef, which is pretty cool.

Eats:
    coffee
    green tea
    L: roast beef & sweet potato with the meat juices
    6 pecan halves
    D: 3 eggs with 4 strips of bacon

Having a nice dry cider to toast my promotion.

I was planning on a long bath as I was really chilly after getting home, but now I'm kind of hot and it sounds far less appealing and more like work. An early night is very needed today. Hubby still feels like crap, full on man cold central.

Woke up for work, felt cruddy, so sent the boss an email and stayed in bed. Hubby went in, though I expect he'll be home early, as his office is having a curling afternoon. Got up for a bit to make sure son #2 got up and out the door for school, then crawled back in bed snoozing on and off until 10. Between wakeups, probably over 10 hours of sleep. Now, I have a vague headache and feel foggy, throat still gummy, but no congestion/cough/aches. Basically, I feel exhausted. Thought I'd run out to the grocery, but I'm still in jammies and might just have to go back to bed.

Had some coffee and a cup of bone broth plus a slice of leftover bacon. Sort of hungry right now, but not sure what sounds appealing.

Made a pumpkin mug cake sort of thing and had that with butter. I made it in a mini silicone loaf pan, the texture was a bit gooey in the middle, but tasty. Eventually gave in and took some ibuprofen, showered, and am feeling more human once again. Not 100%, but better.

Son #2 had his job interview, which he thinks went quite well. May get a call back even tomorrow after a few others are interviewed. If all goes well (hopefully son #1's recommendation comes in handy), he could even be on an orientation shift on Sunday. He's in a pretty good mood, and heading out for sushi with his girlfriend for their one month dating anniversary. Nothing that exciting for us, with 2 moderately ill grownups.

Yesterday's dinner was salmon, rice and broccoli. Wine with hubby. Son #2 hasn't had news on the job interview yet, but it wasn't for certain that he'd hear today.

Errand day, restocking food and household stuffs. Even talked myself into going to the gym, though it was on the fence for a while. Couldn't hit my previous max weights on bench press and squats, but considering how I've been feeling the past 2 days, that's not a big deal. On those lifts I decreased the weight and did a few more sets instead.

assisted pullups 3 sets of 6 with less weight
    OHP dumbells 20 x 5, 22.5 x 5, 25 x 5 for 3 sets, 22.5 x 7
    squats 45 x 5, 95 x 5, 115 x 5 for 2 sets, 120 x 5, 115 x 5, 95 x 10
    bench press 45 x 5, 65 x 5, 75 x 5 for 2 sets, 80 x 5 for 2 sets, 75 x 5, 65 x 8
    planks front 60 sec x 2, sides 60 sec

Today's eats:
    coffee
    2 egg omelet stuffed with lamb liver pate and cream cheese (yum!)
    a few pecans, a large strawberry

dinner will be striploin steak with the usual fixings plus baked potato. Getting started on that shortly now that the workout is done.

Back to feeling rather cruddy today. Fitful 8 1/2 hours of sleep, waking with this damn virus having moved down into the throat and chest. A sporadic barking loose cough on and off. And no energy. The sinuses are thus far unaffected, which is a good thing. Hubby, of course, is feeling better.

Found some discounted fresh halal chickens yesterday, so boiled them for a while, stripped all the meat off, and now I have a large slowcooker of bone broth on to simmer until tomorrow. Son #2 has been begging for creamy potato soup for some time, so tomorrow I can oblige. And lots of yummy broth for me too.

I've been eyeballing electric pressure cookers for a while now, which seem to be the bomb for bone broths. I could do large beef bones in a day, rather than 3 days with the crockpot. I've found one on Amazon, which I may be ordering soon.

Pork back ribs are slow roasting in the oven, generously dry rubbed. That and a salad will be dinner. Hubby is complaining we don't have enough vegetables lately, frankly, I've been eating them when I want, and not when I'm not interested, and it all seems fine with me. He says he'll even help making the salads, we'll see.

Found Meyer lemons in both the grocery and at Costco this week, thanks for the idea, Siobhan. They are juicy and tasty. A very refreshing change from the standard ones.

Eats so far today have been:
    coffee
    small piece of gouda at Costco (only sample item not gluten loaded)
    a banana, pecans
    buttered rice, one slice of deli roast beef.

Not very hungry today, which is not a bad thing, except I have lots of good food in the house! Even half of yesterday's steak remains, that will be for tomorrow's lunch.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Aside from the quick trip to Costco and cooking, I pretty much sat on my ass doing nothing all day. How lovely.

Still no energy, obviously, but the cough and chesty thing is not as bad as this morning. Hopefully better tomorrow, as I have a lot of stuff to do.

The ribs were good. I ate half a rack and a small baked potato. No greens, I really didn't care, and not surprisingly, hubby wasn't bothered to make one for himself.

Only other accomplishment for the day was squeezing in 3 chinups on the bar in the basement. At least that's something.

I spoke too about no sinus involvement. Damn nasty f***ing viruses. Left the chest and tonight I'm all clogged and sneezing.

Gym today was less than the best workout, not surprisingly. I did the usual workout (minus planks as I wasn't interested) but kept the weights lower and did more reps instead. Felt pretty done in by the end.

Assisted pullups x 3 sets
    deadlifts 95 x 5, 95 x 8, 115 x 5, 115 x 5, 95 x 8, 95 x 8
    barbell OHP 45 x 5, 45 x 6, 50 x 5 for 2 sets, 45 x 8
    bench press 45 x 5, 65 x 5 for 2 sets, 70 x 5 for 3 sets

My chicken broth turned out the best flavor ever. Having the whole bird to add meatiness to the broth makes a HUGE difference. And the color is a lovely dark golden. I only used some of it for tonight's soup, as I'm greedy and want to save the bulk of the lovely broth for my own sipping, so the rest of the soup had clean ingredient commercial broth. It was still great and received rave reviews from my 3 guys.

Eats:
    coffee
    bone broth, green tea
    L: steak, mushrooms, a small potato, one square lindt 85% dark chocolate
    fruity herbal tea
    a few pecans
    D: bowl of lovely creamy potato soup - broth, potatoes, onion, carrot, celery, green peas, thyme, dill, cream.
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries with a few fresh strawberries in chilled coconut milk with cocoa.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 03-11-2013 at 08:37 PM.