Page 187 of 263 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2626

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 187

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Last night's dinner was a grilled bacon wrapped beef tenderloin steak with mushrooms, grilled asparagus, and sauteed peppers along with a shared bottle of zinfandel and some hard cider. Watched some TV with hubby, and managed to fall asleep in my chair until after 130am...0_o. Oops. Total of around 9 hours of sleep.

Groceries are done, some house cleaning to do, and might go to the gym for a light non-lifting workout. I have lamb shoulder and loin chops about to be marinated for tonight's meal.

Again, the past 2 days I've fallen into some peanut butter cup junk. What is it with that stuff? I wasn't too bothered about them pre-primal, yes I would have them here and there, but not like seems to happen too often these days. Maybe if I had fruit or some natural lightly sweetened things more regularly, I'd be less apt to grab this junk.

Son #2 has been enjoying his newly found freedom as a solo driver without mom or dad in the co-pilot seat. The first night he racked up nearly 150km on my car "cruising around" with his buddy and then his girlfriend. Told him that won't be a regular thing, with the recent hike in gas prices! But it was the first day, and I get it . He seems to be behaving responsibly so far, which is good. Now he just needs to get himself a job.

Alright, on to get stuff done. I've been pretty bad at that lately. Far too much online time.

Made it to the gym later than I wanted, as son #2 had my car for longer than I expected. Could have used hubby's car, but I thought the kid would be back sooner. 15 min of HIIT on the stationary cycle, followed by 30 min briskly walking on the treadmill. Was looking over some old (pre-PB) fitness downloaded stuff, which noted that HIIT mobilizes free fatty acids, and when followed up by slower paced cardio (ie- brisk walking) it better utilizes and burns those free fatty acids, rather then having them reabsorbed into the fat cells. Not sure if that's exact science, but it seems effective, from what I had tried in the past.

Eats:
    coffee, 3 soft boiled eggs
    couple of pecans, 2 very large strawberries, crappy chocolate pb stuffs.
    D: 2 local lamb loin chops, cauliflower mash, steamed buttered broccoli, spoonful of rice. Wine.

I think a nice hot bath is in order. I picked up some epsom salts just for that purpose today, which should be good for muscle recovery.

Reasonably productive day. Out to pick up local eggs, spices at the bulk store (and a bit of dark chocolate, better than what I've been consuming lately), bank machine, car wash. Back at home I've sorted papers that have been piling up, made baba ganoush, a failed mayo , lamb liver pate. Dinner is on the go, I'm trying taro root for the first time today, I have no idea how it's supposed to taste, so it will be an experiment, if nothing else.

Last night after the bath, I took an idea from Siobhan and fried banana in butter with a splash of maple syrup and cinnamon, topped with walnuts and mascarpone. Amazingly tasty. Hubby was suitably impressed, and it kept him out of the kid's ice cream. He's been really on a sugar load lately, in addition to his regular beer. He still seems to need the sweetness. Last night I was fixing a beverage and he was all "what you having", when I said vodka with soda and juice of a whole lime, he was very disinterested. If I'd said a black russian or something, he'd be all over it. I'm working at giving him small suggestions without lecturing, as that seems to get better results. He's a little confused by my increased starchy veg content lately, I did explain it, but he doesn't really get it. He just wants to be told what to eat and not have to thing about it. Men. Bah.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Last night after the bath, I took an idea from Siobhan and fried banana in butter with a splash of maple syrup and cinnamon, topped with walnuts and mascarpone. Amazingly tasty.
    Oh, I've made this before! (without the walnuts)
    It IS amazing!

I haz no bananas
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I've introduced a few CW friends to that concoction; they all swoon over it. It is one tasty dessert.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    I will be trying it this summer - when I'm off the LCHF thing......
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Yeah, those bananas are pretty damn incredible.

The taro turned out rather decent. A tad undercooked, after boiling in the skins for 20 min, as suggested online and in the PHD book. Potato like texture but a bit slimier (not in a bad way) with a slightly nutty flavour. I may fry up the leftover ones tomorrow.

The leftover egg whites from the faileo mayo became face mask mixed with lemon juice and honey (recipe courtesy of Crunchy Betty's blog).

Today's eats:
    coffee
    bone broth
    a lamb loin chop
    dark chocolate pecan caramel thing, dark chocolate covered raisins
    tastes of baba ganoush and lamb liver pate while prepping. The pate is most delish. I added cream this time.
    D: roasted chicken breast, boiled taro, baked potato with butter & sour cream, baba ganoush with raw red pepper strips
    hard cider, a vodka soda

I had to change up my gym routine today, as the squat rack was busy for a good while, as well as the rest of the tiny gym. I figured I'd best leave the General to finish his sets before doing mine .

Assisted pullups x 3 sets
    bench press 65 x 5, 75 x 5 for 2 sets, 80 x 5 for 3 sets, 85 x 5
    OHP dumbbells 40 x 5, 25 x 5 for 5 sets. Still liking the barbell better for this
    planks front x 120 sec, sides x 60 sec
    squats bodyweight x 20, 45 x 5, 95 x 5, 115 x 5 for 3 sets
    treadmill walk 2 miles in 30 min.

I thought I would be good to increase the weight on squats, but wasn't feeling it. Did an extra set instead at 115. It was probably the chocolate I ate a bit before the workout that put me off.

Eats:
    coffee
    green tea
    bone broth
    dark chocolate covered raisins (the last of what I bought yesterday, at least they're gone now. Must not buy more.)
    L: lamb loin chop, buttered baked potato
    10 pecan halves after work
    D: ground beef in tomato sauce on spaghetti squash with parmesan
    a banana macadamia nut butter "muffin" with walnuts.

Got hit with a stupid snowstorm today, which meant for a crappy drive home. And one of my wiper blades ripped, so a quick dash into the automotive store on the way home to pick up a new set. Son #2 has the car out now, and says the new wipers are "serious". I think he means serious good.

My supervisor is transferred to her new job at the end of the week, I move officially into her position next week. No official work on the promotion, but it may even happen this week. The boss is away until Wednesday, so should hear then, I'm hoping.

Finally had word on the gyne referral for the endometrial biopsy, no surprise, it's not until early May. Egad. Par for the course.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 03-04-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Funny that the gym was so busy yesterday and today hardly anybody there. Did 4+ miles very brisk treadmill walk in an hour.

Stayed away from nasty chocolate stuffs today. Had some thoughts about it, but stuck with tea instead. Numi Dry Desert Lime with a touch of stevia makes a very tart and slightly sweet nice combination.

Eats:
    coffee
    bone broth, green tea
    L: lamb liver pate, cream cheese, celery, baba ganoush with red bell pepper strips.
    herbal tea
    4 raw almonds
    D: slow cooker beef roast with juices, baked sweet potato, bit of wilted spinach, last of the boiled taro root fried in ghee with garlic.
    a hard cider.

I was intending to stay off the evening drinks this week, but it's nice at the end of the day when winding down. Quantity has been low, at least. And sleep has been decent, 7-7 1/2 hours nightly. Not springing out of bed and still using the snooze, but feeling alert enough once up and moving. Hubby gets up before me, and our bathroom really doesn't work well size wise for both of us to be getting ready at the same time in there. Ah, someday I'll have double sinks. Of course, by then, we may be retired and it won't matter so much! Next house, in any case, and we'll still be working at that time. I wait till hubby is out of the bathroom to go in, and sometimes snooze past that time. Of course, if I was rested enough, I could brush my teeth while he's in the shower and then shower when he shaves, but I don't get up in time to do that.

Oh, and I fully agree with son #2's description of my new wiper blades as "serious". They seriously are.

Random thoughts:

A Brazilian Churrascaria opened here last month, the first of it's kind in this city. I heard a radio add today advertising lunch: "...cutting carbs? Head to this authentic Brazilian steakhouse for lunch for all you can eat meat...". It's on my list of places to get to.

There's a gal who I see in the gym at work (and in the building), who's probably around my age, early to mid 40s, tall and thin, sort of that lean long look, I see her doing a lot of running. While in the locker room, I happened to notice her getting into the shower. She had the roundest, nicest bum I've seen. No sag, no flatness, no flabbiness. I was completely impressed. I want one of those!