Page 186 of 249 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 2490

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 186

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Son #2 passed his road test!! So of course, he has already asked to borrow my car tonight to play ball at the Y and visit his girlfriend. I'm very pleased for him, and for me as I won't have to continue to play taxi driver, but on the other hand, not so pleased that I have to share my car once again. Can't win

Good fasted LHT session:
    Assisted pullups 3 sets of 5, assisted chinups 1 set of 5
    Squats 95 x 5, 105 x 5, 115 x 5 for 3 sets
    OHP 45 x 5, 50 x 5 for 3 sets, 55 x 5
    Bench press 65 x 5, 75 x 5 for 2 sets, 80 x 5 for 2 sets.
    Planks front x 90 sec, sides x 45 sec.
    Mile and a bit treadmill walk.

Was NOT happy to see that hubby took my last half a cooked sweet potato this morning, it was intended for my post workout lunch. Even more so, since I had mentioned last night that of the 4 sweet tatos I had baked on the weekend, I had only had 1/2 and he ate my other one (his 3rd). He didn't see the big deal "you think I was counting?" And yet he took the last 1/2 of my remaining one. I nearly sent a snarky email about it this morning, but decided that was probably not a good idea, though it would have made me feel better, he would just be annoyed. Whatever.

My car is out for the evening with son #2. Feels weird. Reminded him of all the rules/expectations, and so on. He was very pleased to be able to finally go out on his own with wheels.

Eats:
    black coffee
    green tea
    L: last of the liver sausage with cream cheese on celery, bone broth, 2 tiny clementines
    2 squares Lindt 85% dark chocolate
    4 almonds
    D: grilled pork sirloin, roasted sweet potato cubes tossed with coconut oil/cinnamon/cayenne, buttered broccoli, spoonful of rice

Hubby brought me home a wildberry pear cider, could that be trying to make amends for the sweet potato? Ha. I might have that later.

7 1/2 hours of sleep last night, aiming for same or better today.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Congrats? for Son #2

I HATE having to share my wheels!
    Right now, we are lucky. 4 Drivers, 4 sets of wheels.
    That will end in May when University Son reclaims his wheels
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Congrats on the driving test!!!! Big deal. Yup, I'd be pissed about the 1/2 yam, too.
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    He owes you a sweet potato. At least one. I love pear cider, though. I would probably trade a sweet potato for a cider.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

The pear cider was actually too sweet, I drank it, but won't be buying that brand again. I prefer very dry apple cider. Found one on tap in Vegas that was VERY dry, and amazing. Of course, I didn't take note of the name. I think it was British.

7ish ours of sleep. Bah. Didn't make the gym today, had a long phone call before lunch then a conference call at 1, and though I could have gone at the end of the workday, it wasn't in me. Wasn't a lifting day, so no big deal. I can always go walk or yoga on the weekend, and still get in 5 workout days for the week.

I did something today I've been debating about for the past 2 years, but never took action on. I registered for a rec ultimate frisbee league for spring. One game a week from end of April until the end of June. I really need to put something in the "play" category of the PB laws, and this should be a good start. If I like it, I can sign up for summer too. I signed up as a "rookie", so should be just fun and no pressure, at least I'm hoping! And I bought a groupon for a half price hour long massage. Haven't had a massage in over a year, long overdue. Especially with the tight hips and now post lifting muscle soreness here and there.

Eats:
    black coffee
    chunk of cheese
    bone broth
    L: sweet potato cubes, a burger pattie, small avocado, square of 85% lindt with a dab of coconut oil & sea salt
    peanut butter cups. WTF? almonds. Was feeling very nibbly, though not particularly hungry
    D: leftover pork sirloin, brussel sprouts crispy roasted in bacon fat
    rum & zevia

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I did something today I've been debating about for the past 2 years, but never took action on. I registered for a rec ultimate frisbee league for spring. One game a week from end of April until the end of June. I really need to put something in the "play" category of the PB laws, and this should be a good start.
    2 years?
    About time
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    2 years?
    About time
    Um, yeah. I'm damn good at procrastination.

It's a bit outside my comfort zone to join an organized group thing, but this could be good. I used to use the excuse that it would interfere with the kids activities and family needs, but at this point, that is truly an excuse and not a valid one. It would be scheduled mom activity time, thus non negotiable, aside from work stuff or work travel. I'm hoping it's a lot of fun.

Today's LHT:

assisted pullups x 5 for 3 sets
    bench press 65 x 5, 75 x 5 for 2 sets, 80 x 5 for 2 sets
    deadlifts 95 x 5, 115 x 5, 125 x 5 for 2 sets, 130 x 5 for 2 sets
    OHP 45 x 5, 50 x 5 for 2 sets, 55 x 5 for 2 sets
    planks front x 120 sec, sides x 60 sec.

Whew. Yay for Fridays.

PrimalCon New York
    Wow!
    You rock!!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy