Page 185 of 249 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2490

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 185

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I must confess last night's bedtime was not as early as anticipated, but was better than the previous. Something like 7 hours of sleep.

Yes, the pager thing kind of sucks, and doubly so once already asleep. Fortunately, that is rare. Particularly outside of times we have an active airmedevac mission on the go, which is the case at the moment.

Today's workout was a 4+ mile treadmill very brisk walk in about an hour. Up to the end of Jan with 'Balanced Bites' podcasts, today was the interview with Mark about the Primal Connection. I've started reading it, and should get back to it this week. I hope Mark goes more into this stuff at PrimalCon. It's a pretty great book.

Ended up taking son #2 out after work to buy basketball shoes. I don't mind too much, as he has been playing ball with his buddy at least twice a week for the last month or more, and I'm happy he's doing something active and healthy rather than just hanging out or gaming. He actually wants to get a membership at the Y where they play, as opposed to the $4 drop in fee, it's only $25 for the month and he can access the workout areas as well. I asked him to check if he can do a month to month membership, or if it's a longer contract required. Stopped to do a few errands on the way back, and it was only me for dinner as son #1 is at work. Hubby is due home later tonight. Home by 730. I was tempted to pick up fudge or some other stuff from the candy place at the mall, but resisted. I did pick up some Reese pb stuff, but less than it would have been at the candy place. Tiny victories.

Eats:
    black coffee
    green tea
    L: last bit of carnitas with guacamole, salsa, sour cream & cilantro; bit of shredded coconut
    herbal tea
    D: baked sweet potato, some bacon ends.
    peanut butter cups. Glass of wine.

Hubby made it home last night after 10. 7 hours of sleep, perhaps a bit more. Not bad.

Gym time over lunch.
    Assisted pullups (getting easier) for 3 sets of 5
    Squats 95 x 5, 105 x 5, 115 x 5 for 3 sets
    OHP dumbells 40 x 5, 40 x 5, 50 x 5, 50 x 5, 50 x 3, 50 x 3
    Bench press 65 x 5, 70 x 5, 75 x 5 for 3 sets
    Planks front x 90 sec, sides x 60 sec

Eats:
    black coffee
    bone broth
    L: liver sausage & cream cheese on celery, green apple dipped in almond butter/coconut butter blend
    coconut flakes, herbal tea
    D: ground beef with mushrooms and broccoli and broccoli slaw in a creamy sauce
    couple of hard cider
    banana chocolate mug cakes with walnuts, topped with mascarpone and sour cherry compote. Yum. The batch with one banana makes 4 small muffins, which I split with hubby.

Lots to get done tomorrow, so I'd better get a good long sleep. I'm pleased with making it to the gym every day this work week. 3 LHT and 2 good walks.

The weekend has rolled by all too fast, as usual. Errands, groceries, house cleaning, laundry, etc, etc. My kitchen sink got a good cleaning a la Flylady today, and it really needed it. Not that anyone else will maintain it, but small victories are a good thing. I'm slowly starting to hop on the declutter and simplify bandwagon, very slowly, but some action is being taken. In line with my year's goals.

We've booked our flights and hotel for PrimalCon, which is very exciting.

Found out that my anticipated 2 weeks away for work to Savannah next month is cancelled, kind of disappointed as it would have been a great training experience for a bunch of us, but not so bad to not be away so long. Also learned that it looks ver good for another work trip to observe on an exercise in Florida for a week in late April. And it will be with an old friend from the USAF, which is extra great. More to follow. And even cooler, there's a chance of a work trip late next fall to Brazil. I hope that goes ahead!

Eats have been decent. I did buy a bag of the addictive coconut from Costco yesterday, thought I'd do better with that, but at least half the bag is still there. My aim was to make it last a week. We'll see.

Saturday:
    coffee
    bit of chocolate, costco coconut
    blueberries
    D: steak, asparagus, mushrooms, baked potato, wine

Today:
    coffee, steak & eggs, half a baked potato
    coconut water
    coconut
    D: hot wings, hard cider.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 02-24-2013 at 09:05 PM. Reason: more foods

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    I can't wait to hear all about Primalcon! I'm so glad you're going. Someone I 'know' is going to Primalcon!

I am very tempted by the one in Austin, but it's not going to happen this year. It's probably sold out by now anyway. Well, just another reason to stay primal, imagine how great I will look by next year (shouts of laughter from the peanut gallery).
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Don't think Austin is sold out. I'd go (3 hours up the road) but I've got to be in Provo that week.
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

A busy evening. Went with son #1 to buy his grad suit that he tried on last week, he looks pretty damn good in it, even before tailoring. And he knows it, . Is getting it a touch large and waiting to tailor for a couple of months as he expects to gain more muscle in the gym prepping for rugby season, and wants to make sure it has enough room. Smart move.

Drove son #2's girlfriend home across the city (well, he drove and I supervised) and then back. Of course, during all this, my pager went off, and I had a bunch of emails and phone calls with that needed urgent attention, but all is settled for tonight, which is good. I thought at one point that I'd have to go into the office and do a few hours worth of work. Whew.

A good fasted workout today. I was able to decrease the assisted pullup weight, plus go up on both deadlifts and bench press. I tried the barbell rather than dumbells for OHP for the first time, and the same 50 lbs felt easier to move. Think I may have to stick with that. Son #1 "approves" of my progress and seems pleased. It's funny, in the small work gym, I'm noticing that from the other regulars, I seem to be getting looks of "oh, she knows what she's doing" lately. Heheheh. Not many people at all have I seen deadlifting, and definitely no other women.

Assisted pullups 3 sets of 5
    Deadlifts 95 x 5, 115 x 5, 125 x 5, 130 x 5 for 2 sets
    OHP 45 x 5, 50 x 5 for 4 sets
    Bench press 45 x 5, 65 x 5, 75 x 5 for 2 sets, 80 x 5 (used a spotter for the last set to make sure I could rack it)
    planks front x 90 sec, sides x 60 sec.

Eats:
    coffee
    green tea
    L: steak and sweet potato (most excellent post workout)
    D: 2 small beef burgers topped with aged cheddar, roasted red peppers and avocado, a spinach salad with the ranch dressing from Mark's sauces cookbook. It's really good
    some costco coconut. About 1/4 to 1/3 of the bag remains.
    Winding down with a martini after the evening's business.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primalcon, again?
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    It's funny, in the small work gym, I'm noticing that from the other regulars, I seem to be getting looks of "oh, she knows what she's doing" lately. Heheheh. Not many people at all have I seen deadlifting, and definitely no other women.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Okay, getting seriously inspired!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Okay, getting seriously inspired!
    Didn't you say a while back there is a weight room where you swim (the Y, I believe)? You should check it out. Lift a bit, then swim or float about for a while.

Under 7 hours of sleep last night, but felt pretty decent today. Today's noon workout was a very brisk incline treadmill walk (4.2 mph) for just over 4 miles. Legs felt good after yesterday's lifts, but damn heavy tonight after the walk. And the bum too. Probably a good thing that I've added in a few extra starchy carbs this week. I think it's helping in the lifting and recovery. And the potatoes/sweet potatoes aren't leading to wanting more, they are very satisfying. I'll keep this up and see where it goes.

Eats:
    black coffee
    green tea
    L: liver sausage and cream cheese on celery, bone broth, 2 tiny clementines.
    fruity herbal tea for a brief sweet craving mid afternoon
    last of the coconut stuff from costco. The bag lasted 5 days.
    D: 1 1/2 small burger patties on a bed of wilted spinach topped with 2 over easy eggs, some fried potato in ghee
    bottle of kombucha

Son #2 has attempt #3 on his driver's road test tomorrow. Hope 3rd time is lucky, which is how long it took son #1.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 02-27-2013 at 01:42 PM. Reason: forgot to add the potatoes at supper

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    University and Surfer Sons both needed 3 tries. Daughter did it on her 1st.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy