Page 184 of 270 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2697

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 184

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The carnitas turned out quite lovely, once again. My guys plus son #2's girlfriend are full and happy. Brazilian cheese buns also went over well. The dough was even stickier this time, glooped out the bottom hole of the food processor bowl too, strangely enough. Not too sure what was up there.

TOM snuck up on me this month, which is very odd. I normally get welcomed with several days of nasty cramps ahead of time, but this time, it struck a few days early with no warning. And minimal cramping during. Very odd indeed, but not unpleasantly so.

Eats:
    coffee
    bit of steak and mushrooms
    2 walnut halves, tsp of coconut butter
    D: carnita on a lettuce leaf wrap with guacamole, salsa, sour cream, cilantro, squeeze of lime. 3 small Brazilian cheese buns. Wine. I'm stuffed.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    sounds like you had an excellent valentines day! Yay for flowers and lovely meal out with the beloved!

More oddness with TOM. The cramps caught up to me today. And the bloat. I was not impressed. A bit better tonight. I passed on the gym at noon but did get there at the end of the workday.

Assisted pullups & chinups
    Squats 45 x 6, 95 x 5, 95 x 5, 105 x 5, 105 x 5, 105 x 5
    OHP 40 x 5, 50 x 5, 50 x 5, 50 x 5, 50 x 5
    Bench press 45 x 6, 65 x 5, 65 x 6, 70 x 5, 70 x 5, 70 x 5
    Wasn't feeling the love for planks so I passed on these.

I'm starting the 3 LHT days per week as much as possible, and split the deadlift and squats to alternate workouts.

Eats:
    black coffee
    2 small Brazilian cheese buns
    L: liver sausage & cream cheese on celery, bone broth
    2 small handfuls of almonds - not needed at all, just felt nibbly after lunch and the boss had them on her desk while we worked together on a project. Dumb idea.
    D: a small baked potato, carnitas on lettuce wrap with salsa, guacamole, sour cream, cilantro.

Nasty horrible blizzardy coldness here today. And deep freeze for the week. Isn't spring supposed to be coming?? Eventually??
    Last edited by Greensprout; 02-18-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    We've been having a blizzard for so long I have forgotten what it's like to not have one!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    We've been having a blizzard for so long I have forgotten what it's like to not have one!
    But was it nearly -40???

Unintended IF today. I brought lunch, which was intended for after my hour long treadmill noon walk (4 miles), but things got busy and I was going nonstop until 45 min past my normal end time. Was a little hungry, but nothing distracting. And I got done what was required, so all is good. I prefer to be busy at work with a mission on the go, rather than documents and policies and the background stuff. Then a very long ride home due to an accident on a bridge on my route, so a 20 min ride turned into nearly 45.

Eats:
    black coffee
    green tea
    bone broth
    herbal tea
    late D: bit of pork cracklings, diced bacon ends, a small potato fried in the fat, 2 over easy eggs. It wasn't that much food, really, but must have been the fat that has me totally stuffed now.

I probably could have done with just a small snack type dinner, but I had been looking forward to eating. My carnita meant for lunch remains in the fridge at work for tomorrow, so I guess that saves me a few minutes in the morning getting ready for work.

I should try for a reasonable bedtime, feeling tired now that my belly is full.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    No, our blizzards tend to happen just under freezing although we did have one at lower temps, but nothing like -40. Tonight it is pouring rain but it is 40F. It is supposed to turn to snow, but obviously the temp will have to drop quite a bit. We'll see. I don't have to work tomorrow so I'm not overly concerned.

You might want to post a guard on those carnitas.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

The carnitas were fortunately still intact today.

Gym was good today, a hard workout in about 30 minutes at the end of the workday.
    Assisted pullups & chinups, 6, 5, 6
    OHP 40 x 5, 50 x 5 for 4 sets. These felt hard today
    Bench Press 45 x 5, 65 x 5 for 2 sets, 75 x 5 for 3 sets
    Deadlifts 95 x 5, 115 x 5 for 2 sets, 125 x 5 for 3 sets.
    Planks front x 90 sec, sides x 45 sec.

Sneaking glutamine again tonight. It really does seem to help.

Eats:
    black coffee
    herbal tea
    bone broth
    L: small pile of carnita meat with guacamole, salsa, sour cream, cilantro. Small container of bacon ends.
    2 walnuts
    D: chicken thighs chopped and fried in a bit of bacon fat seasoned with garlic powder/onion powder/seasoned salt/smoked paprika till nicely browned, rice, broccoli
    glass of wine.

The early bed didn't happen last night, for no good reason, as seems usual. Tonight will be better.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Unintended IF today.
    I had one yesterday too
    Nice to know we can do that, isn't it?

The early bed didn't happen last night, for no good reason, as seems usual. Tonight will be better.
    Will it?
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Will it?
    HAHAHA. And yes, it will. Can't be worse, since on top of being up too late, my pager went off at 1130ish as I was climbing into bed and I had to spend some time on the phone after that on work stuff. So yes.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    my pager went off at 1130ish as I was climbing into bed and I had to spend some time on the phone after that on work stuff. So yes.
    I used to hate when that happened - but worse was when you had just gotten to sleep and it went off!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html