Page 182 of 277 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2763

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 182

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Brazilian BBQ!!!!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    The Brazilian BBQ was very good, but not nearly as fabulous as the one in Vegas.

Today was live tissue lab all morning, won't go into details, but a good learning experience and good for skills. I did this last about 4 years ago before deploying. Very good lectures on trauma all afternoon.

Eats:
    black coffee
    L: large chai latte with a touch of honey from an interesting tea shop
    D: sashimi, seaweed salad, wine.

Strangely, despite the impromptu mostly IF day, I'm filled up from the one meal. And it was not an all you can eat place, either. Perhaps it's the shangri-la effect? I did bring a small bottle of eloo for the trip. Picked up some snacks from Whole Foods on the way home, when I thought I needed something more, but don't think I need them tonight. I have a gluten free macadamia chocolate brownie in my fridge...will save that for tomorrow.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    The Brazilian BBQ was very good, but not nearly as fabulous as the one in Vegas.
    I've been there!

Today was live tissue lab all morning, won't go into details
    Thank you

Strangely, despite the impromptu mostly IF day, I'm filled up from the one meal. And it was not an all you can eat place, either. Perhaps it's the shangri-la effect? I did bring a small bottle of eloo for the trip. Picked up some snacks from Whole Foods on the way home, when I thought I needed something more, but don't think I need them tonight. I have a gluten free macadamia chocolate brownie in my fridge...will save that for tomorrow.
    Weird. Maybe. It doesn't "kill" my appetite, but it's doing something. I noticed yesterday that I did my belt up 2 notches tighter than at Christmas!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I must say, the gluten free (rice flour & tapioca) macadamia fudge brownie was most amazing. Better than most standard brownies I've had. And not too bad on the carb count, actually.

Another good day, lectures all morning and round robin skill stations and trauma simulation all afternoon. Went with a group to a very nice dinner place, had a small portion (pricy but very tasty) main, and a chai latte.

Not really fitting in workouts, though I did so some squats and pushups in my room once . Day starts around 0730 and goes until around 530, at which time we are hungry and decide to go for dinner around 6. Getting between 7-8 hours of sleep nightly. The bed is very comfy.

Eats:
    black coffee
    L: cafeteria: bacon & hb egg salad with balsamic vinaigrette, cheese cubes with grapes
    D: grilled coho wild salmon with salad greens and tomato fennel salad. Chai latte. wine
    gluten free macadamia fudge brownie. Another glass of wine.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    I'm lucky to get some walking in when I travel. I really need to start LHT when I get home.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

I have found the baked goods from the local gluten-free bakery (it's called Hootin' Gluten and has an owl on the package) are really, really good. As in better than regular bakery stuff. Unfortunately they don't have to provide nutrition information and so they don't and therefore I don't know the carb count. They make a chocolate cake and a carrot cake that will stand up to and surpass any comparison with regular stuff. This is not actually good news. Why can't the stuff be horrible?

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Made it home by late afternoon yesterday. The course was really good, and well worth it. All of us clinicians are supposed to do it every 3 years as a refresher. The final class was a team mass casualty scenario, the setting being a field medical facility set up at an embassy assisting after a natural disaster somewhere around the globe, and a helicopter crash happened outside the gates. Half the class role played patients. Chaos and some good medicine ensued. It was fun.

I ate a lot of good seafood while away, salmon, sashimi, fresh arctic char. All very good stuff. Last night we had steaks and lots of wine, plus bubbly in the hot tub, so today was a bit sluggish. Grocery restock, and a few other errands are done. Didn't get in any workouts, aside from a brief bodyweight day in my hotel room, but ate pretty good. I think I've come out about even from when I left.

Today's eats:
    coffee
    3 eggs scrambled in butter with extra old cheddar
    2 walnut halves, 6 almonds
    D: roasted chicken leg & thigh, plus a wing and tiny bit of breast, baked sweet potato, carrots
    wine
    half a batch of banana chocolate mug cake with cherry almond compote & cream

I've boiled a dozen eggs for the week, plus made a batch of mayo. Bone broth is thawed, and I made my boys save the bones from tonight's chicken for my next batch of bone broth. Son #2 is hoping I'll make soup one of these days. I tend to save my bone broth for drinking these days, rather than soup. I suppose I could accommodate him eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I have found the baked goods from the local gluten-free bakery (it's called Hootin' Gluten and has an owl on the package) are really, really good. As in better than regular bakery stuff. Unfortunately they don't have to provide nutrition information and so they don't and therefore I don't know the carb count. They make a chocolate cake and a carrot cake that will stand up to and surpass any comparison with regular stuff. This is not actually good news. Why can't the stuff be horrible?
    These brownies were amazing. I brought some home for hubby and I to share for dessert yesterday, he was suitably impressed. They did have the nutritional info on the package, which wasn't too bad after all. The package had 2 large brownies, and the info is for 1/2 a brownie: 110 cal, fat 6 g, carbs 12 g, sugar 8 g, protein 1 g. Ingredients: macadamia nuts, chocolate chips, brown rice flour, butter, cocoa powder, eggs, tapioca, brown sugar, honey, salt.

Not bad at all! I am hoping the gluten-free chocolate cake I had this evening is in that ballpark. (The human mind can rationalize anything!) And I...uh...bought some gluten-free biscuits...they jumped in my cart...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Not bad at all! I am hoping the gluten-free chocolate cake I had this evening is in that ballpark. (The human mind can rationalize anything!) And I...uh...bought some gluten-free biscuits...they jumped in my cart...
    Jumped, hey? . Yeah. The brownies did the same thing. Twice. I may have eaten a total of 4 brownies (whole ones, of course) throughout last week. And the one on Saturday night with hubby. Damn that stuff. Good thing there's not a Whole Foods around here. I've deliberately avoided seeking out bakery gluten free stuff locally, though I do believe there at least 2 places that make it on site in the city.